WARNING, Jackson County, we're coming

SulphurCityQueen

That can go 2 ways, why hasnt JC ever scheduled RBS?

I'll bet during JC's State Championship years and RBS's "non-Sub-state" years it sure wasn't out of fear of the stiff competition!!!!!!

While RBS was trying to just get out of the region JC was scheduling teams that would prepare them year in and year out for a State Championship!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet during JC's State Championship years and RBS's "non-Sub-state" years it sure wasn't out of fear of the stiff competition!!!!!!

While RBS was trying to just get out of the region JC was scheduling teams that would prepare them year in and year out for a State Championship!!

Honestly, I would say that the subject was never brought up between the 2 schools! RBS played there region schedule, then scheduled teams that were there biggest rivalries, something that all the fans could look forward to! Just like a question I ask a few weeks ago, I wonder why RBS and SC have never played? Guessing, I would just say that there never was a thought about it! I would bet that RBS will be ready to play JC tonight! :thumb:

8 hours till AP's#1 A show performs in Jackson County, AP respects us, and you will after tonight

You remind me of some posters on the boys board that got just a tad to cocky...Now they don't post much anymore...

Well I believe me and gotmilk both agree with the fact that RBS isn't better than JC and noone in 7a should beat JC, but I don't think that JC will come out and beat us by 20+ points...RBS is a young team and one of the better teams in state, i'll go that far in saying that because i've heard a few people say that themselves...But if RBS don't win this game I won't be suprised...Anything can happen and I really won't be suprised in the least bit because it's being played at JC...But in a few hours we'll see what happens...

8 hours till AP's#1 A show performs in Jackson County, AP respects us, and you will after tonight

The whole "respect" issue on all levels of athletics is kind of getting old. Fans and players of certain teams complain more and more nowadays that they receive none, but then turn around and say it's a good thing because they enjoy playing with a chip on their shoulder. This begs the question as to whether respect is a good thing or a bad thing. Should teams, indeed, want respect? Apparently, they play better without it. Whenever I check the standings and results from games on previous nights, I always fail to see the "respect" column. "Respect" does not win (like Jackson Co. did at RBS) or lose (like RBS did against Jackson Co.) games. What is "respect" from the opposition good for?

If the folks from Jackson Co. decide to unanimously "respect" Red Boiling Springs before the game, will it be canceled? If the Lady Blue Devils started worshipping the Lady Bulldogs before the game, would this suffice? Are opposing players and fans supposed to have ample "respect" for a team they already defeated?

What good is this form of "respect," and why do I have to witness Tom Brady and people on forums complain about receiving none? Just play the game.

JC by 8 points, but RBS will win the much-coveted "respect" battle.

I'll admit Red Boiling Springs is a good basketball team, but I cannot say I "respect" it, because I am not entirely sure what this entails.

The whole "respect" issue on all levels of athletics is kind of getting old. Fans and players of certain teams complain more and more nowadays that they receive none, but then turn around and say it's a good thing because they enjoy playing with a chip on their shoulder. This begs the question as to whether respect is a good thing or a bad thing. Should teams, indeed, want respect? Apparently, they play better without it. Whenever I check the standings and results from games on previous nights, I always fail to see the "respect" column. "Respect" does not win (like Jackson Co. did at RBS) or lose (like RBS did against Jackson Co.) games. What is "respect" from the opposition good for?

If the folks from Jackson Co. decide to unanimously "respect" Red Boiling Springs before the game, will it be canceled? If the Lady Blue Devils started worshipping the Lady Bulldogs before the game, would this suffice? Are opposing players and fans supposed to have ample "respect" for a team they already defeated?

What good is this form of "respect," and why do I have to witness Tom Brady and people on forums complain about receiving none? Just play the game.

I'll admit Red Boiling Springs is a good basketball team, but I cannot say I "respect" it, because I am not entirely sure what this entails.

Finally a voice of reason! Excellent post !! i concur, here here! I will go on record to say that IF RBS keeps this game close and doesn't lose by more than 15 points then they will be given alot more respect than i have given them thus far. B)

Edited by devilfanatic

Respect is kinda like the AP poll, a good conversation topic.

Finally a voice of reason! Excellent post !! i concur, here here! I will go on record to say that IF RBS keeps this game close and doesn't lose by more than 15 points then they will be given alot more respect than i have given them thus far. B)

Easy there Devil, you started a thread about JC not getting any respect!! B)