Good Team Play versus Jealous Players

JKennedy250

This post is generally about the NBA, but it is reference to this topic. Phoenix Suns, last season, number one team in the NBA, why, the MVP of the league in Steve Nash. They had the most wins, why, good passing and team play...it all comes down to good passing andgood team play. When a kid doesnt pass the ball there is usually a better chance of him losing the ball, therefore in a way, it hurts his stats, so kids, just give up the ball to the open guy, if they are out on the court, they can make shots, maybe not as much as others, but comon, theres always that chance of turning the ball over 20 times in one night, and all the blame is where...Y-O-U...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best example of team play is William Blount and why they are beating teams with better individual athletes. Also doesn't hurt that they have a great coach who can outsmart the rest of them. They play as a team and pass the ball unselfishly to the open man(all of who can shoot the 2 and the 3). And if they don't pass to the open man, you can bet they will ride the bench.

The team with the less turnovers usually wins the game. I certainly agree also with the fact that good passes are what wins games and that games are not won by the player who scores the most....case in point, Maryville's Tucker against Powell in the Christmas tournament at West....4 points the whole game but scored the game winning basket? uh.....wow? I DON'T agree that teams should be centered around the best player.

It seems to me that teams should be centered around their strengths and that is taking a look at the team as a whole, not just the "publized" best player(s) who score the most points....what if your team has more than one? Apart from the stereotypical best player, "best" players should be seen as those who complement the team by making the strategic shots and passes, not opting to hold the ball because they doubt their team mates and decide winning the game is based solely on their own play. Probably need to redefine what "best" is? Is it the player who scores the most or the player who works with the strength of the team as a whole? Makes sense that BEST players are SMART players who play to win and support good teamwork.

Edited by Ntheknow2

The "best players" are those that put the team first no matter where they fall on the totum pole.

It has nothing to do with the best scorer. It has to do with the guy who is willing to take charges, screen to free his teammates, dive for loose balls, play good defense and yes make the open pass when his teammates are open. They could care less who scores the most points but most that their team plays the best possible.

Selfish players who want to score all the points and jealous players who won't pass to open players is the best way to destroy a good team. I think that is what you were talking about Bradley Central?

Bradleys loss to Soddy is a good example of what these posts are all about. Good team unselfish play and players are hard to find. Give me a guard who can pass any day over one who can shoot. Basketball is a 5 man game. Wake up

Some good posts since I started this topic. I started this becasue this time of year selfish play may keep a team from rising to the occasion of the post season. Hopefully it leads to team play and putting the team, not self first. Sounds like some team mentioned here, BC is undergoing that transition. Hopefully they and others will make it. Good team work in basketball is a sight to see just as selfish play stinks up the court. How does your team measure up this time of the season?

PS Just looking at the "Forum Topics" Many of the topics are about "individual Players" as if that is what it is all about

Like Halls and Powell have only "one player" each who will be playing one on one against each other tonight? Just tell the rest of the team to say home and we will go and watch two players play one on one game of "horse" or "21" :thumb:

This is how "sick" team sports has become that it breeds jealousy and players seeking to be "the one". Give me five good no name players any day over the "one man teams".