Who were some of the best single A player in the hamilton county area

A-Game

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True!! The Lookout Valley player may have been Mark Clemons (95) and Sidney pointer a couple of years later.

Sidney Pointer was who I was thinking of. He was one heck of an athlete. Jake Skogan was very good as was Gabe Johnson and Templeton in the earlier Temple days.

But im gonna stick with Holwerda. If you got to see him play you would know what I am talking about. Here is some info on his high school career.

Averaged 29 points per game as a senior. Two-time Tennessee Mr Basketball. USA Today All-American. Three time All-State.

Also dont forget about his teammate Trimiew a very good player I think his first name was Martin. That team should have one more than 1 state championship, it was probably also the best single A team in recent history.

Porter Roberts from CSAS. Led Purdue to 3 or 4 Big Ten titles in the early 90's. Don't know if anybody else has that on their resume.

Glen Robinson led Purdue during those days, without a doubt, but Roberts did well at point for some good Purdue teams. Arts and Sciences had two posts who played with Roberts that both played lower level Division I. James Watkins at Lookout Valley impressed me a few years ago in two sports, blew a shot to play football at Auburn because of bad grades, UTC signed him anyway and he never played there either. Lookout Valley had several good players in basketball over a few years that I didn't hear another word about after they graduated, was told grades was the reason. Robert Fears I believe was the name of a very quick guard there that I saw play a a couple of times.

Glen Robinson led Purdue during those days, without a doubt, but Roberts did well at point for some good Purdue teams. Arts and Sciences had two posts who played with Roberts that both played lower level Division I.

George Hudgins played at Drexel(alongside Malik Rose), and went to the NCAA tournament a couple times. Carlos Clark was the other post player and he went to Holy Cross, and went to a couple of NCAA tournements. However, Roberts is the best single A player this area has ever seen. The 90-91 CSAS team might be the best A team in Chattanooga history.

Edited by THELEGEND