Wade Parsons(Cumberland CO)

Guest SEB

full ride to penn state quit came home for a year then walked on at ut stayed 3 months quit now working at crossville ceramics making floor tile in crossville.wade couldnt get along with wade houston so just hung it up.

[Edited by bballtn on 3/27/02 9:45A]

• 1 month later...
Guest muld

Parsons had all of the talent in the world but kept getting homesick. I believe he may have also played at Carson Newman or some other small college for a little bit after he left UT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He did throw away a great chance and I talked to him about it a couple of years after he graduated high school. We were playing in a softball tournament in Crossville (By the way, the kid was more than a basketball star, he was one heck of an athlete and could hit a softball a country mile). Anyway, he made no excuses about it and simply said "I may have messed up, but I have to live with my decisions and I missed home."

Many would dream of having half of his talent and accomplishing things. Perhaps later he had regrets but he didn't then.

• 1 month later...

Yeah- he is a heck of a softball player. He never actually played bball anywhere, but boy! he had the talent. He is working at Crossville Ceramics, is married to a girl from Grandview, and has a little girl -6- and a little boy, 3 or 4 years old.

I remember when he walked on at UT and how disappointed so many people were that he didn't stay there either, but, like the other poster said, he's going to live with his decisions.

• 2 months later...