McMinn Central hopes still alive?

gamefan

I will admit I am on the other side of Starr Mt. but if Central wins the district I will be yelling GO BIG BLUE. From watching these girls play, if they will just roll the ball out onto the court and say go play, they have a good chance but I noticed when they try to force the planned plays into place they get in trouble and make way too many mistakes. Its going to be a toss up next week. Tellico needs to stay its course.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that is a typographical error. You don't REALLY believe that McMinn Central will win the state in Women's basketball, do you? Now, now, calm down. Coming together as a team is one thing, winning your final 5 games against better teams away from your home is a much different one.

I don't agree with most of your sarcasim, but I will agree with this statement 100%!

The funniest thing in this whole post is by momofcami who says she hasn't ever seen such a homecourt advantage. Everybody that's ever been to McMinn Central knows they get all the calls at home. Let's take a look at some results just from this year-

Loses to McMinn County by 15 away, wins by 14 at home

Loses to Tellico by 16 away, wins by 3 at home

Loses to Cleveland by 37 away, wins by 3 at home (shoots 50 free throws in win)

Loses by 9 at Brainerd, wins by 7 at home

Loses by 14 at Tyner, wins by 41 at home

Loses by 6 at Meigs, wins by 10 at home

even in their wins you can see a big discrepency

win by 21 at Sequoyah, win by 36 at home

win by 25 at polk, win by 40 at home

Now as far as being a good team- Central is a good team with some great young players. Lambert is definitely special. They have ability to win district, and maybe even region; however, on a neutral court I think they will be hard pressed to make it out of region.

I just don't ever want to hear someone from Central complaining about home court advantage again.......ever.

The funniest thing in this whole post is by momofcami who says she hasn't ever seen such a homecourt advantage. Everybody that's ever been to McMinn Central knows they get all the calls at home. Let's take a look at some results just from this year-

Now as far as being a good team- Central is a good team with some great young players. Lambert is definitely special. They have ability to win district, and maybe even region; however, on a neutral court I think they will be hard pressed to make it out of region.

I just don't ever want to hear someone from Central complaining about home court advantage again.......ever.

Hey Johnnyboy-

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck: IT'S A DUCK!!!!

And you just beautifully descirbed what home court advantage is. Nice research and nice job!!

Edited by Shootmore

Couple of things.....McMinn Central plays a lot of freshman. Many times freshman aren't as good on the road. Hostile crowds and less familiar surroundings can sometimes lead to a bit of nervousness. Maybe it is less about referees or "home court advantage" and more about not being good enough to consistantly win on the road. Maybe the other teams don't play as well at Central. Who knows? Didn't Cleveland shoot 35 foul shots. If so that makes the 50 foul shots by Central not so shocking.

It's funny that you say Central has the home court advantage when the Tyners, Brainards and Meigs, ETC. have won most of there home games also. Are you just a Central hater or are you a ducK?

It would seem to me that Coach Quirk should be screaming at his buddies Bob Williams and David Tucker. His "friends" are the ones recruiting players from McMinn County High such as Calhoun Elementary players (Trotter/Gutherie several more) and Athens Jr. High (Buckley girl) to Bradley County.

McMinn has lost a lot of tallent from Calhoun to Walker Valley. They have not lost the talent to McMinn Central. Even if that statement was true, at least they are loyal to McMinn County.

Come on Quirk, you know the integrity of Coach Armstrong and Coach Morgan, I can't believe after all the years you taught with them, you could or would even make that stupid statement.

Fans have gotten tired of the crybabying from McMinn, first Bob Williams, Keith Elliott and now you.

Even though they are good kids, many in Bradley county would rather see them not cross the river either. Go to any McMinn County school if you are from McMinn Co. and let Bradley co tax dollars support our students only.

In fact maybe you could recruit some of our kids to McMinn, don't see that happen much at all, how come?

Edited by SETNsports

Reboundswin, I don't hate Central at all. I have several friends there and know alot of the kids. I just point out facts and give you the info. A central parent was complaining about home court advantage, and I think that's like the pot calling the kettle black. You mentioned Meigs, Tyner, and Brainerd- let's take a look.

Meigs-

at Polk wins by 9, at home wins by 2

at Sweetwater wins by 17, at home by 2

at Tyner loses by 2, at home loses by 9

at Tellico loses by 22, at home by 29

at Sequoyah wins by 5, at home by 6

I'm just not seeing it.

Tyner-

at Sweetwater wins by 14, at home by 11

at Sequoyah wins by 3, at home by 1

at Brainerd loses by 1, at home loses by 15

at Meigs wins by 9, at home by 1

Still not seeing it.

Brainerd-

at Howard wins by 14, at home wins by 6

at Tyner wins by 15, at home by 1

at Polk wins by 10, at home by 20 (not a huge difference)

now there are some extreme cases of score reversal with Brainerd benefitting at home, but just not in every case like with McMinn Central. There may be 1 or 2 like that in case of Meigs and Tyner, but many more in opposite direction. Again, I'm just posting facts, and I'll let everyone make their own opinions from here on out.

Also, again, I don't have anything against Central- but I've been to enough games there to form my own opinion about homecourt advantage.

Reboundswin, I don't hate Central at all. I have several friends there and know alot of the kids. I just point out facts and give you the info. A central parent was complaining about home court advantage, and I think that's like the pot calling the kettle black. You mentioned Meigs, Tyner, and Brainerd- let's take a look.

Meigs-

at Polk wins by 9, at home wins by 2

at Sweetwater wins by 17, at home by 2

at Tyner loses by 2, at home loses by 9

at Tellico loses by 22, at home by 29

at Sequoyah wins by 5, at home by 6

I'm just not seeing it.

Tyner-

at Sweetwater wins by 14, at home by 11

at Sequoyah wins by 3, at home by 1

at Brainerd loses by 1, at home loses by 15

at Meigs wins by 9, at home by 1

Still not seeing it.

Brainerd-

at Howard wins by 14, at home wins by 6

at Tyner wins by 15, at home by 1

at Polk wins by 10, at home by 20 (not a huge difference)

now there are some extreme cases of score reversal with Brainerd benefitting at home, but just not in every case like with McMinn Central. There may be 1 or 2 like that in case of Meigs and Tyner, but many more in opposite direction. Again, I'm just posting facts, and I'll let everyone make their own opinions from here on out.

Also, again, I don't have anything against Central- but I've been to enough games there to form my own opinion about homecourt advantage.

First of all, I was specifically talking about the Tyner game...Did I make the comment that all of the games we have lost on the road were because of the home court advantage? NO I DID NOT!! I was just stating an opinion about that game, which by the way, since you are" letting everyone make their own opinions from here on out" ... I am entitled to make this opinion. By the way, Thanks for your permission. :blink: Second of all, Since this is only the 3rd year out of Johnny Morgans 28 years of coaching the Chargerettes that they have gone undefeated at home....this would imply that we have indeed lost at home, thus not quite the HOME COURT ADVANTAGE that you seem to think Central is famous for.

Third of all, Please do not make statements that you do not want to ever hear comments like that again,,,ever. In case you haven't noticed this is a FREE FORUM to express our OPINIONS about anything related to BASKETBALL! Just who do you think you are ? If you don't like the comments made......TOUGH :P

Second of all, Since this is only the 3rd year out of Johnny Morgans 28 years of coaching the Chargerettes that they have gone undefeated at home....this would imply that we have indeed lost at home, thus not quite the HOME COURT ADVANTAGE that you seem to think Central is famous for.

isnt 50 free throws in a home game just a tad bit of an advantage?

remember this is high school basketball

Man, must have hit a nerve. I wasn't trying to make anyone mad, just pointing out the obvious. I understand you were talking about one game, but I wanted to show that in almost every case that could be said about McMinn Central. I'm not aware of Central's record at home in the past, but I do know that every game I've ever been to at Central I felt like the refs were a little helpful to Central. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing as most people expect to get a few calls at home, but this year as indicated by scores has been a joke to say the least. I'd be willing to bet that no one in the state of TN has had complete turnarounds at home like Central has this year. It's not a 5-10 point difference between home and away- it's 20-40 point swings. Even the biggest Central supporters should say it's a bit odd to say the least. Also, I said I didn't want to hear it said again- I didn't say you couldn't say it again. I realize it's a message board and everyone is entitled to say what they want. My point was I will turn deaf ears to it.