2006 TNT State Tournament (Girls)

ptguard12

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree....It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season....

What kind of season has Bledsoe had ?....Meigs has lost 2 games, once each to Cleveland and Ocoee (who they also beat).....both losses were by less than 6 points......could have easily won both those games but are a terrible foul shooting team....cost them both games..

What kind of season has Bledsoe had ?....Meigs has lost 2 games, once each to Cleveland and Ocoee (who they also beat).....both losses were by less than 6 points......could have easily won both those games but are a terrible foul shooting team....cost them both games..

I think they only lost the 2 games to Meigs and to Polk.....

2-A

Upper bracket

Trinity Christian vs. Allons--2/11

Scotts Hill vs. So. Pitt--2/4

Lower bracket

Linden vs. Nashville--2/10

Rutherford vs. St. Joseph--2/10

Does anyone know anything about the teams in the AA bracket??? I am familiar with Nashville Christian, but as for the other seven teams, I know absolutely nothing.

Edited by bbfan134

Can someone explain to me how you can have a "state tournament"when the middle schools haven't even played their respective district or region tournaments??For example there is a girl's team in Obion County(Hillcrest)with a 19-0 record heading into the district tournament this weekend..And if it's an invitation only,shouldn't it be called the TNT Invitational???I mean the winner of this tournament can't really be considered a state champion if some of the better teams in the state are not in it??..Can They??..Is it true there is an entry fee for this tournament also??Couldn't the TMSSA come up with some kind of state tournament that would give you a "true"state champion???They go as far as a region tournament..why not extend that to encompass the entire state??...

I'm just wondering...

Can someone explain to me how you can have a "state tournament"when the middle schools haven't even played their respective district or region tournaments??For example there is a girl's team in Obion County(Hillcrest)with a 19-0 record heading into the district tournament this weekend..And if it's an invitation only,shouldn't it be called the TNT Invitational???I mean the winner of this tournament can't really be considered a state champion if some of the better teams in the state are not in it??..Can They??..Is it true there is an entry fee for this tournament also??Couldn't the TMSSA come up with some kind of state tournament that would give you a "true"state champion???They go as far as a region tournament..why not extend that to encompass the entire state??...

I'm just wondering...

Hillcrest chooses to play in the TMSAA, which is ruled by the TSSAA. I would say no more then 40% of all middle/elementary schools in Tennessee actually choose to participate with the TMSAA. There are many reasons for this:

1. There is a fee at the beginning of the year that each school much pay.

2. The number of games you play is limited.

3. You can only practice so many times a week and during the summer.

4. Only 6th, 7th, and 8th graders may participate. Kids in grades lower then that are not allowed to play.

These are just some of the reasons why many intermediate schools in Tennessee do not participate with the TMSAA. Those teams that do no participate usually choose to participate in the TNT or the James C. Haile or both. If I'm not mistaken, you send your record in and if the tournament committee decides that you are good enough based on your record, then you are invited to come play. I do believe that one of the two tournaments does charge an entry fee or application fee of some kind.

What the TNT and James C. Haile does that the TMSAA does not, is that it brings in good teams from all over the state. The TMSAA only allows teams to play in their region of Tennessee and the tournaments only go as far as, what I believe they call a Sectional. It would be nice if the TSSAA could find a way to do a middle school state tournament, much like the high school state tournament, but with the large number of intermediate schools, I just don't know if it is all that possible. Also, in a post on here last year, someone said that a questionnaire was sent out to all elementary and middle school principles about the possibility of doing a system much like the one we have at the high school level. However, the response by principles was overwhelmingly in favor of NOT doing that.

I haven't done the research, but does anyone know of a state where they have a middle school system much like their high school system, where a state tournament takes place and a champion is crowned?

Edited by ptguard12

Does anyone know anything about the teams in the AA bracket??? I am familiar with Nashville Christian, but as for the other seven teams, I know absolutely nothing.

Rutherford is very big 6-2, 5-10 with quick guards. They play man half court and press 1-2-1-1

Trinity won the 2A bracket in 04 and the 3A bracket in 05. They are pretty fundamentally sound. Tonya Tuggles, former Bradford Ms. Basketball, is their coach.

Rutherford is very big 6-2, 5-10 with quick guards. They play man half court and press 1-2-1-1

Any idea what their record is? How do they do against Dresden and Medina this year? I had no idea they had a girl that was 6'2". From what I know, that is the biggest girl on any team in the AA bracket.

Edited by ptguard12