Kobe drops 81 on Raptors

Kobe Bryant is now 2nd only to Wilt Chamberlin for the most points scored in a game as he went off for 81 tonight against the Raptors. Love him or hate him that is impressive. He was 28-46 from the field, 7-13 from behind the arc and 18-20 from the charity stripe. I don't like Kobe but I will give him credit for this effort.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any other player in the league would of done this except for AI, you guys would be praising him for the effort. True Kobe is selfish, a jerk off the court, but you have to appreciate what he did last night. It is not his fault that no one wants to shoot on his team. Now it is Kobe's fault that he has no one on the team worth passing too. Right now the Lakers are sitting at 7th in the playoffs and could cause some trouble come playoff time. Just give the man some credit, especially if you understand the history that was just made.

Guest catfish-hunter

If any other player in the league would of done this except for AI, you guys would be praising him for the effort. True Kobe is selfish, a jerk off the court, but you have to appreciate what he did last night. It is not his fault that no one wants to shoot on his team. Now it is Kobe's fault that he has no one on the team worth passing too. Right now the Lakers are sitting at 7th in the playoffs and could cause some trouble come playoff time. Just give the man some credit, especially if you understand the history that was just made.

If the Lakers aren't playing the Suns or Spurs in the opening round of the playoffs then I think they'll advance. The Grizzlies, Jazz, Nuggets, and Clippers just don't strike fear into the eyes of guys like Kobe and Phil. After the first round of the playoffs the Lakers could be a tough team to beat in a seven game series. The Spurs aren't playing well at all right now and the Suns simply can't stop opposing teams from scoring.

People hate on them just because they are the LA Lakers, end of discussion :angry:

If the Lakers aren't playing the Suns or Spurs in the opening round of the playoffs then I think they'll advance. The Grizzlies, Jazz, Nuggets, and Clippers just don't strike fear into the eyes of guys like Kobe and Phil. After the first round of the playoffs the Lakers could be a tough team to beat in a seven game series. The Spurs aren't playing well at all right now and the Suns simply can't stop opposing teams from scoring.

People hate on them just because they are the LA Lakers, end of discussion :angry:

And probably because they have the best coach in the NBA right now...... ;)

Eh, yes, but not why you think.

I grew up a Lakers fan. I was probably the only 9-13 year old kid in America outside of California who cheered for the Lakers against the Bulls in 91. The early part of this decade was great. Then Kobe's ego took over, and we know the rest of the story.

Yes, what he did was impressive and deserves it's place in history. The number of shots he is on pace for this year is astronomical. But I still can't stand him, nor will he win another title until he realizes he can't do it all himself. Unfortunately, he's the only good player the Lakers have right now. Say what you want, he can't and won't go on a hot streak for 16 to 28 games in the playoffs to bring a title to LA. My bet is the Lakers don't get past the first round.

Kobe has sinned. Kobe has kept a pretty low profile since. One thing great athletes do is if their mouths continue to get them in trouble, they begin to focus all their energy on their work. He is no doubt trying to change the way people think about him by being a great athlete again. He needs a lot of positive press. First, this week, the so called make up hugs with Shaq. Now he sets a record nearly impossible for any athlete today to hit. He's got no club around him yet he pushes on. He could be sitting around whining about everything to the press but this guy is trying to earn his way back into the worlds' hearts. AI virtually has done the same thing and I believe Kobe has learned from AI's checkered past and how he's managed to get his career on track. This is a well orchestrated move to reconstruct the new Kobe and he is delivering. Still, the jury is out until all the evidence comes in. :D

Guest dare_2_dream

Kobe has sinned. Kobe has kept a pretty low profile since. One thing great athletes do is if their mouths continue to get them in trouble, they begin to focus all their energy on their work. He is no doubt trying to change the way people think about him by being a great athlete again. He needs a lot of positive press. First, this week, the so called make up hugs with Shaq. Now he sets a record nearly impossible for any athlete today to hit. He's got no club around him yet he pushes on. He could be sitting around whining about everything to the press but this guy is trying to earn his way back into the worlds' hearts. AI virtually has done the same thing and I believe Kobe has learned from AI's checkered past and how he's managed to get his career on track. This is a well orchestrated move to reconstruct the new Kobe and he is delivering. Still, the jury is out until all the evidence comes in. :)

great post ;)