Nobody can beat Courtney Coffey from jp2 in state

Pope#4

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

Thanks for the opportunity. Nick Reviez 215lb D-1 State Champ! Ranked 4th in the state for top state wrestling recruits. Mr. Defensive Football canidate in 5A. (If U don't understand 5A, thats another post)

You know the division that you have to wrestle in real brackets that take 3 days to complete. The Division were kids come out of know where every year and shock the TN wrestling community. Where grapplers face each other for the first time to see whos the best vs same matches over and over again.

Coffee knows who is the weak comp is that he's going to face at State.

If he was D-I he would have 5 or mor kids that might rock his world. If not he would have enough hard matches that he could be called the best at 215 in the state.

I know Nick was the best last year because he had the opportunity to wrestle the best and beat them.

I know Coffee is a defending State Champ but so is Reviez. It would have been great if they could have faced each other but thats not the way the cards fail. Maybe they both will wrestle in college and then we will see.

Reviez will be going to the Senior Nationals in Cleveland this year and we will see how he does.

Good Luck to Coffee because he is a Shoe in in D-II.

Has Father Ryans Bateman faced Coffee?

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

i'd like to see coffey and reveiz wrestle...my money'd be on reveiz if i had to bet though

I just know it would be a great match. Coffee looks really quick and strong.

They are both strong and Nick is quick AND THE 90% + KIDS that have been on their back this year can tell you that.

Who has faced both Champs this year? I would like to know their views?

Since they don't face each other for State Championships it would be smart for them to get together prior to the State and work with each other. It couldn't do anything except make both of them better. There are places all over the south east where great wrestlers can work out against each other.

Yes, I'm a dreamer!

Thanks for the opportunity. Nick Reviez 215lb D-1 State Champ! Ranked 4th in the state for top state wrestling recruits. Mr. Defensive Football canidate in 5A. (If U don't understand 5A, thats another post) Son of UT Legend and all Pro Faud Reviez.

You know the division that you have to wrestle in real brackets that take 3 days to complete. The Division were kids come out of know where every year and shock the TN wrestling community. Where grapplers face each other for the first time to see whos the best vs same matches over and over again.

Coffee knows who is the weak comp is that he's going to face at State.

If he was D-I he would have 5 or mor kids that might rock his world. If not he would have enough hard matches that he could be called the best at 215 in the state.

I know Nick was the best last year because he had the opportunity to wrestle the best and beat them.

I know Coffee is a defending State Champ but so is Reviez. It would have been great if they could have faced each other but thats not the way the cards fail. Maybe they both will wrestle in college and then we will see.

Reviez will be going to the Senior Nationals in Cleveland this year and we will see how he does.

Good Luck to Coffee because he is a Shoe in in D-II.

Has Father Ryans Bateman faced Coffee?

First off, don't try and school me on 5A or anything else. I'm old school, when there were districts, regions and then state. There were no divisions, the best meant the best. Again, I asked you for the 5 and you only give me a possible 1. Who are your 5 in D1 that could beat Coffey? Zero in D1 or in Tn for that matter have beat Coffey last year or this year. He does not always wrestle the same guys, that is why his team went to FL. and Ky. He destroyed Henley(SH) and Evans(WB) and they are ranked in the top 7 or so in D1. It is unfortunate that there are 2 divisions and these guys won't face each other. Back to the Dempsy form Ryan match, granted a win is a win, but no matter how you look at it, 8-7 is pretty tight. Again, Coffey did not leave anything to chance, he stuck Dempsy in the first at Ryan. Since they will not face each other, all we have to go on is their common foes which leads me back to Ian Meridith. Remember him? He is the guy that stuck your Mr.Football,#4 ranked, state champ. He is also in D1 this year. Oh no, he could come out of no where and shock the wrestling community. The reason Coffey is not a top recruit? Hmmmmm, that's right, he is only a Jr. Don't get me wrong, Nick is good wrestler and football player. I am not trying to bash him, rather I am defending Coffey. Also, I am a BIG ORANGE fan, but who cares that Nick is the son of Fuad? Does that give Nick some sort of advantage? Fuad was a kicker for crying out loud. By the way, Coffey's dad played for the VOLS as well. I love to jaw.

First off, don't try and school me on 5A or anything else. I'm old school, when there were districts, regions and then state. There were no divisions, the best meant the best. Again, I asked you for the 5 and you only give me a possible 1. Who are your 5 in D1 that could beat Coffey?

215-

1) Nick Reveiz (Farragut)

2) Ian Meredith (Notre Dame)

3) Brett Rogers (Collierville)

4) Jon Sively (Bradley)

5) Matt Lettner (Soddy)

6) Ethan Henley (Science Hill)

others to watch: Stephen Ball (FRA), Pete Evans (William Blount), Adam Cable (Maryville), ....Underwood (McMinn Central)

One for sure in D1(Reviez)> He's been out of state also. Lost 1 last year at Collins Hill, GA.

I couldn't guess about the Jaw part! ;)

You asked who and you got it!

D-2 State is a joke compared to what D-1 has to go through.

There are plenty of great wrestlers in d-2 but it dosn't go deep.

So what year did you graduate? I'm a former Middle TN Boy.

Have you seen Reviez wrestle?

If so when?

Getting stuck early in the season does not mean crap. I've seen it plenty of times with the kid who got stuck is doing the sticking next time.

So Coffee hasn't been beat in 2 years?

Answer some questions Papa John fans!

Steeler-Check my post I have never said that Reviez would beat Coffee. I said it would be a great match.

I would have loved to see the match at KCHS but there were two problems. 1. Reviez had his tonsils out that week. 2. The Farragut football team went into 3rd round of the play0ffs. Sorry, that Coffee's team wasn't good enough to get into the the so called D-II playoffs.

If your implying that Reviez or Meredith were avoiding Coffey you’re dreaming. It does take a while to get into wrestling condition and since ND and FHS went deep in the playoffs both wrestlers were not prepped for the KC Tourney.

I saw that someone ask if you have seen Reviez wrestle.

What was the Answer?

The road to the Championship match will be much, much harder for Reviez and Meridith to get too. There's 5 young men that could win it.

Maybe someone who has wrestled both can tell us who they feel would win.

I would pick Reviez because I know what kind of young man he is and the heart he has the

heart of a Champ. I don't think the Papa John II Champ has wrestled anyone like Reviez.

Who has Coffee wrestled this year in the top 5?papa-johns-perfect-pan.jpg

In addition, I've seen lots of kids get stuck early in a season then go on to distroy the kid who stuck them later in that same season.

Steeler stop the rah rah and answer some questions. Old School. Your killing me!

Yep, Coffee will be a 2 time State Champ.

Why, because he has no comp in D-2. I think reviez has beat the 2,3. and 4 ranked in d-2. I heard Ian wanted some real comp and thats why ND went

D-1. ;)

In addition I would put the top 4 215lbs D-1 over your D-2 group any day.

Dempsey was pined by our JV kid last year. He never wrestled Reviez. Reviez gave him all his points. The Match was a joke.

Reviez had just retuned from vacation in Mexico and had to drop 20lbs in less than a few days.

That was his worst match all year.

Steeler-Check my post I have never said that Reviez would beat Coffee. I said it would be a great match.

I would have loved to see the match at KCHS but there were two problems. 1. Reviez had his tonsils out that week. 2. The Farragut football team went into 3rd round of the play0ffs. Sorry, that Coffee's team wasn't good enough to get into the the so called D-II playoffs.

If your implying that Reviez or Meredith were avoiding Coffey you’re dreaming. It does take a while to get into wrestling condition and since ND and FHS went deep in the playoffs both wrestlers were not prepped for the KC Tourney.

I saw that someone ask if you have seen Reviez wrestle.

What was the Answer?

The road to the Championship match will be much, much harder for Reviez and Meridith to get too. There's 5 young men that could win it.

Maybe someone who has wrestled both can tell us who they feel would win.

I would pick Reviez because I know what kind of young man he is and the heart he has the

heart of a Champ. I don't think the Papa John II Champ has wrestled anyone like Reviez.

Who has Coffee wrestled this year in the top 5?papa-johns-perfect-pan.jpg

In addition, I've seen lots of kids get stuck early in a season then go on to distroy the kid who stuck them later in that same season.

Steeler stop the rah rah and answer some questions. Old School. Your killing me!

Yep, Coffee will be a 2 time State Champ.

Why, because he has no comp in D-2. I think reviez has beat the 2,3. and 4 ranked in d-2. I heard Ian wanted some real comp and thats why ND went

D-1. :thumb:

[/qu

Easy big fella. I like to jaw, you know, talk it, gas it up, add fuel to the fire. It makes things fun and interesting. I'm an old has been from '89', what about you? I have not seen Nick this year, last year at K. Cat., Ryan, and at state. He is a good wrestler, again, nothing against him. As for Ian wanting comp, Coffey beat him every time they faced each other last year. I think twice, not sure. Also, PAPA JOHNS beat ND in football at ND. :lol:

First off, don't try and school me on 5A or anything else. I'm old school, when there were districts, regions and then state. There were no divisions, the best meant the best. Again, I asked you for the 5 and you only give me a possible 1. Who are your 5 in D1 that could beat Coffey? Zero in D1 or in Tn for that matter have beat Coffey last year or this year. He does not always wrestle the same guys, that is why his team went to FL. and Ky. He destroyed Henley(SH) and Evans(WB) and they are ranked in the top 7 or so in D1. It is unfortunate that there are 2 divisions and these guys won't face each other. Back to the Dempsy form Ryan match, granted a win is a win, but no matter how you look at it, 8-7 is pretty tight. Again, Coffey did not leave anything to chance, he stuck Dempsy in the first at Ryan. Since they will not face each other, all we have to go on is their common foes which leads me back to Ian Meridith. Remember him? He is the guy that stuck your Mr.Football,#4 ranked, state champ. He is also in D1 this year. Oh no, he could come out of no where and shock the wrestling community. The reason Coffey is not a top recruit? Hmmmmm, that's right, he is only a Jr. Don't get me wrong, Nick is good wrestler and football player. I am not trying to bash him, rather I am defending Coffey. Also, I am a BIG ORANGE fan, but who cares that Nick is the son of Fuad? Does that give Nick some sort of advantage? Fuad was a kicker for crying out loud. By the way, Coffey's dad played for the VOLS as well. I love to jaw.

I've seen both of these young men wrestle. Having seen Reviez wrestle in the Ryan Tournament I was impressed by his quickness, strength, and skill level. Coffee is no more than a football player whose uniform becomes a singlet and head gear in place of shoulder pads and a helmet each November. He has the advantage of size and strength over nearly every opponent, but lacks the level of skill it would take to beat Reviez. No doubt it would be a good match, but unfortunately it will never happen.

So, the debate continues....