Nobody can beat Courtney Coffey from jp2 in state

Pope#4

I've seen both of these young men wrestle. Having seen Reviez wrestle in the Ryan Tournament I was impressed by his quickness, strength, and skill level. Coffee is no more than a football player whose uniform becomes a singlet and head gear in place of shoulder pads and a helmet each November. He has the advantage of size and strength over nearly every opponent, but lacks the level of skill it would take to beat Reviez. No doubt it would be a good match, but unfortunately it will never happen.

So, the debate continues....

Great input. If you saw Nick at Ryan than you saw him at his worst. Some folks say the same thing about N Reviez, "Coffee is no more than a football player whose uniform becomes a singlet and head gear in place of shoulder pads and a helmet each November" They are both great athelets and I'm sure both programs are glad to have them on their team. All this Papa John talk is making me hungry, B)

Steeler-your a pup try 1979. Were you at the KCHS tourney this year?

I was sitting with a few of your parents. One lady said she use to be a FRHS Mat Girl.

BTW-Nick pinned the WB kid in the first period this year. The SH grappler hasn't reached it to the finals to meet Nick.

As far as a kicker, I don't thinks Nicks Dad is the AVG kicker build. N. Reviez has a similar build of his father. Poor Kid! B)

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt say that anyone in the state couldnt beat minwell. he wrestled matt lettner this year and only won by like 1 point. the match could of went either way.

Very good point* as Coffey is probably as strong as Matt or maybe stronger, and he is next to impossible to turn over at this level.

Wait a minute,,, I saw that match @ G. P. West finals, and you're absolutely right "about the score," but did you really see Matt getting any room to move? He was absolutely smothered the enitre match, but he did so much better than most against Minnwell.

Edited by Sommers

Ya know, I'd have to agree with this statement- as a amazing as it sounds.

Wait let me use Steelers logic. Justin Knox bbeat him last year and Blah, blah ,blah. :lol:

From the few Non- Farragut/PJP II folks that are bias of course. Sounds like most think Reviez would take it. Maybe after Coffee beats his inferior opponets and wins his 2 matches for his D-2 championship he can hang around a day and try his luck at the round house in the UTC training room. I know a few UTC wrestlers that would be glad to ref and see that great match.

Wait let me use Steelers logic. Justin Knox bbeat him last year and Blah, blah ,blah. :lol:

From the few Non- Farragut/PJP II folks that are bias of course. Sounds like most think Reviez would take it. Maybe after Coffee beats his inferior opponets and wins his 2 matches for his D-2 championship he can hang around a day and try his luck at the round house in the UTC training room. I know a few UTC wrestlers that would be glad to ref and see that great match.

You're so correct in that 3 pt. dec., but same Minwell this year against Knox last year?? Different outcome, in my opinion.

Minnwell may end up more dominant in state than Kenny Merideth was last season. He could take it at 189 or 215. Am I wrong?

matt lettner wrestled meridith in the gp west finals. he wrsetled minwell at slamfest when we wrestled clarksville, and he did not smother matt. the match could have went either way. minwell will win 189, but there are 6 very tuff guys at 215. minwell would have a hard time winning 215.

matt lettner wrestled meridith in the gp west finals. he wrsetled minwell at slamfest when we wrestled clarksville, and he did not smother matt. the match could have went either way. minwell will win 189, but there are 6 very tuff guys at 215. minwell would have a hard time winning 215.

Yeah, one wears blue and white and has a Star on it. We all know how Minwell did against a Farragut wrestler last year.

On a serious note, Minwell has stepped it up this year and has reached the level of Seniors who know it's their last shot and want to go out as a State Champ. Godd Luck to Minwell, he's the kid to beat at his weight class.

So back to Coffee!

Who has he wrestled this year in the Top 5 of the D-I?

How did he do?

In the Marvel Universe.

Coffee would be:

luke_cage1.jpg

Real Name: Luke Cage (legally changed; his full given name is Carl Lucas)

Identity: Public

Legal Status: American citizen

Other Aliases: Hero for Hire, Power Man II

Place of Birth: Nashville

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Known

Group Affiliation: Heroes for Hire Inc.

Base of Operations: JP II

History:

Returning 215 lb D-II State Champ

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.

Weight: 215 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Powers: Coffee possesses superhuman strength, dense muscle and bone tissue, and steel-hard skin. His recovery time from injury or trauma is about one-third that of a normal human.

Reviez is the Beast! Again who knows who would win.

First off, Courtney Coffey is only a Jr. I saw both the Reveiz-Dempsey match and the Coffey-Dempsey match. I was more impressed with Coffey than I was with Reveiz. The only two moves I saw Reveiz do were a football tackle and him stalling. I would say that Coffey is a more sound wrestler technique wise. I beleive both of them are about the same strength wise. With is advantage technical wise I would probably say that Coffey would win in a close match. In the earlier posts I would have to disagree the D-1 is harder than D-2. D-2 as wrestlers like Corey Manson, Aaron Bateman, John Michael Simpson, Courtney Coffey, the Young Brothers, Ben Johnson, Bailey Whitacker, Daniel Waddell, and many more.