District 6-AAA

GradfromtheNest

I agree with Catsbackr.

Red Bank will be strong as well.

I know quite a bit about them, they have several excellent young sophomores.

Soddy Daisy has some great talent as well, and I think everyone knows what Ooltewah has.

Just curious, Catsbackr.

Did you see something negative about last year's Central team?

My son's team played them three times, and they seemed very respectful. I think their attitude problems left a couple of years ago.

Just curious.?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw nothing negative last year regarding Central. I placed Central 4th in this district due to the strength of the other teams and due to the fact that Central has a brand new coach. I could be very wrong though, I have been before. And I agree, their attitude problems went to Lexington.

Grad, big lefty, I think if was Henry maybe killed the ball, one HR, one of the fence. As far as the pitching, they faced who Lookout Valley threw, so.......... The defense didn't look great, but it was the first scrimmage. The Lion's strength is got to be their pitching, they threw a different pitcher in every inning and they played 9.

This is gonna be a GREAT district to watch!

I haven't seen Soddy yet this year, but Ooltewah lived up to it last year, I think. Didn't they SHUT OUT their whole district in the district tournament last year?

And DeepBall, i wouldn't overlook the Lions. If their offense/defense catches up to their pitching staff, they're gonna be real tough.

yeah they run-ruled their way thru the whole tourney, never had been done before

I agree. Ooltewah will be really strong, but I don't think they will be as good as last year.

Losing Higdon and the other big right hander will hurt more than you might think.

Not to take anything away from this year's team. I know they have Burke and Howard and some other pitchers, but those two were awfully tough.

It should be a good district to watch. Top to bottom, as talented as any around.

I agree. Ooltewah will be really strong, but I don't think they will be as good as last year.

Hmm... I think they will be better this year. Yes they did lose Higdon but it has been this senior class that has lead the team the past few years with Woods Burke McDade Howard Hydas Markum. This is Ooltewahs year to win state, not last year.