District 6-AAA

GradfromtheNest

redandwhiteforever Posted 46 minutes ago

QUOTE(Asics42 @ Feb 21 2006 - 11:47 PM)

Hmm... I think they will be better this year. Yes they did lose Higdon but it has been this senior class that has lead the team the past few years with Woods Burke McDade Howard Hydas Markum. This is Ooltewahs year to win state, not last year.

Don't get too caught up in trying to win the State in February. Don't read all the press about how good you are supposed to be. Win the District, win the Region, win the Sub-state and advance to the State. Play it out from there. The Owls are definitely good enough but they must keep their focus.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, all this talk about Burke needs to stop....PRE-season anything means NOTHING! The end of the year is when it counts!

He is not going to get very much to hit and when he does he has to capitalize on it. People are going to pitch around him and make everyone else beat them!

Honestly, I disagree with that. I think he'll get plenty of good pitches. How can you pitch around him? Are you going to walk Burke so you can throw to Zach Woods (who was on his way to TFP Player of the Year last year before some off-the-field issues)?? Or maybe you'd rather walk Kyler so you can pitch to Blake McDade? Or Tim Markum? And with Hydas and Williams in the 1-2 spots, there will be people on base. I think with this lineup, everyone will get pitches.

With that said though, as we've seen in the past - nothing is set in stone. I tihnk we all agree that on paper, top-to-bottom, Ooltewah has the best team. But it'll take 6 district games to decide who the BEST team is. And this year, Ooltewah has that X-factor - a new coach. Yes, he's been in the system for 4 years, but how will it affect the team? I think it's going to be great for the team, but time can only tell!

So anyways, enough rambling! Go Owls!

OMG, that is crazy Grad. People are going to take there chances with the rest of the team. Woods is a good hitter but not as good as Burke. Geez La Weez

And there's not a pitcher in this area that is good enough to pitch around a guy without just straight up walking him.

I still disagree...I wouldn't pitch around Burke to get to Woods or McDade...but that's just me.

Every year Ooltewha is so loaded and should win state. Come on so they dominated in the district but thats only a few games. This is about the third year in a row that they should be winning state. They are good but lets cool the hype down a little bit. I would throw around Burke or at him just so he cant hurt you too bad. :lol:

Im back for baseball season Grad.

Edited by DeepBall

Every year Ooltewha is so loaded and should win state. Come on so they dominated in the district but thats only a few games. This is about the third year in a row that they should be winning state. They are good but lets cool the hype down a little bit. I would throw around Burke or at him just so he cant hurt you too bad. :lol:

Im back for baseball season Grad.

I don't know - he's bigger than me, so I'm not going to throw at him! :lol:

Woods is a good hitter, but the thing is Burke is alot more physically intimidating, and alot of team are gonna pitch around him Because of the hype. So Grad, who is woods getting recurited by??? I havent heard much about him, I mean we played you all down in Chatt and he really impressed me. I take that back, I would probally pitch to Burke just becasue Im a southpaw. But there both good hitters. Ol Timmy Markum can hit a little bit too.

I actually agree with whoever said that losing both Higdon and Robinson will effect the Owls staff more than we may actually think.

However, sometimes looking at the facts is just the way to do it. Guys like Z Woods, KB, Markum, John Howard have been there for four years, and each year Ooltewah had a chance to do something beyond the district tournament, always peaked at the wrong time, and made nothing of the opportunity. This year, as seniors, the opportunity will once again be in the cards and hopefully the right hand will be dealt for the Owls.

Edited by OwlsBaseball

Woods is a good hitter, but the thing is Burke is alot more physically intimidating, and alot of team are gonna pitch around him Because of the hype. So Grad, who is woods getting recurited by??? I havent heard much about him, I mean we played you all down in Chatt and he really impressed me. I take that back, I would probally pitch to Burke just becasue Im a southpaw. But there both good hitters. Ol Timmy Markum can hit a little bit too.

It's not my place to say who is calling who as far as recruiting goes...

But the following Owls should sign with someone: Burke, McDade, Woods, Hydas, Markum, Howard....