Pickett Co/Clay Co. Game/Is it Still On?

bobcatfan300

i don't know about bibb chasing the refs off the court.after watching copeland run i figured he could have caught him if he had wanted to.for that matter rob,paige,and painter should have given chase also.by far the two worst officiated games i have seen all year.i thought it was a block on the last play i just don't think u can call a techinical after that. unless he cussed the ref or something and it was my understanding he didn't.i really didn't think pickett could play celina that close.so good game both teams and good win clay.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that he wasnt guarded on the last play devilfanatic, I meant if the T would not have been called the game would not have been out of hand for them on the last play. Belive me Wright would have been shooting free throws to win the game he shot them the enitre game. I hate to see a game decided on a T with less than 5 seconds left, when the kid apparentley didnt even do anything that bad. There is going to be emotions running high late in a game like that, the ref needs to get over himself and thinking that every kid on the court is trying to show him up. Congrats to Clay Co on the win, you got it done and made the free throws with the game on the line.

I know that he wasnt guarded on the last play devilfanatic, I meant if the T would not have been called the game would not have been out of hand for them on the last play. Belive me Wright would have been shooting free throws to win the game he shot them the enitre game. I hate to see a game decided on a T with less than 5 seconds left, when the kid apparentley didnt even do anything that bad. There is going to be emotions running high late in a game like that, the ref needs to get over himself and thinking that every kid on the court is trying to show him up. Congrats to Clay Co on the win, you got it done and made the free throws with the game on the line.

Ok i understand what you were saying now bob and i am sure you are probably right. As for T.C. or anyone else trying to hurt another player, well thats just not true. These two teams might not like eachother but the players play hard and are both well coached and i know for a fact neither coach would tolerate that kind of action. They were just playing the game, the bad thing is Kerr is definately out for the rest of the season from i'm told and they are not sure if he'll even come back for the tournaments which will be a huge loss. Hopefully Knight can step in to the starting lineup and that just means Jake Hewitt's role got alot bigger now. As for the Godwin fan, well i am not surprised in the least that some child from Pickett has done something like this, however i also know that there are some like Miss Wright that are good sports and great kids so i won't even comment on it any further. As for playing Clay close at home, well i might have embelished somewhat about the final score but anyone that has ever went to Pickett Co. to play their boys knows how hard it is to win on that court, especially another district team. Does anyone know the last time Pickett's boys lost a home district game? I would assume its been awhile as they've had some great teams up there. The district tournament is right around the corner and i'm sure there will be some exciting games to watch. Good luck to ALL the teams and may the best TEAM win! :o

Ok i understand what you were saying now bob and i am sure you are probably right. As for T.C. or anyone else trying to hurt another player, well thats just not true. These two teams might not like eachother but the players play hard and are both well coached and i know for a fact neither coach would tolerate that kind of action. They were just playing the game, the bad thing is Kerr is definately out for the rest of the season from i'm told and they are not sure if he'll even come back for the tournaments which will be a huge loss. Hopefully Knight can step in to the starting lineup and that just means Jake Hewitt's role got alot bigger now. As for the Godwin fan, well i am not surprised in the least that some child from Pickett has done something like this, however i also know that there are some like Miss Wright that are good sports and great kids so i won't even comment on it any further. As for playing Clay close at home, well i might have embelished somewhat about the final score but anyone that has ever went to Pickett Co. to play their boys knows how hard it is to win on that court, especially another district team. Does anyone know the last time Pickett's boys lost a home district game? I would assume its been awhile as they've had some great teams up there. The district tournament is right around the corner and i'm sure there will be some exciting games to watch. Good luck to ALL the teams and may the best TEAM win! :o

R.B.S defeated Pickett Co, by a score of 68-57 in the 2002-2003 school year,don,t know if that was the last one to do it or not at Byrdstown.

How did i know that all this talk about FOULS against PICKETT COUNTY was going to be all over this thread. Any player, team or fan of an opposing team that has ever went to Pickett County to play a game knows that Pickett gets most, if not all of the calls in Byrdstown. Copeland didn't call the last foul against Pickett County you must have been watching a different game. Pickett got away with a walk EVERY time Roddy touched the ball. You people from Pickett act as if the fouls were in FAVOR OF CLAY COUNTY??? HELLO!!! THERE WERE MORE FOULS CALLED AGAINST CLAY THAN THERE WERE PICKETT!!! What about all those free throws given to Pickett in the first half????? That was the ONLY reason the game was close! You don't mention the fact that Pickett was in the bonus in the first quarter with an 8-2 advantage early in the second, or the fact that at NO TIME during this game was CLAY COUNTY in the double bonus until 4.5 seconds to go in the game and that PICKETT was in the DOUBLE BONUS THE FIRST HALF AND MOST OF THE FOURTH QUARTER! No mention of that no, you want to get on here and say Clay was given the game. As usual, just like the VanBuren game it wasn't Pickett County's fault they lost it was due to something else. Pickett proved nothing more than they can keep it close at home. Whats the bottom line? As for the LA comment, well you did beat Clay ONCE and you got BEAT ONCE by Clay County. As for the last shot Bob77, Clay did not even guard him the game was over at that point. The only reason it was close was because the CALLS WERE SO IN FAVOR OF PICKETT UP UNTIL THE LAST 4.5 SECONDS OF THE GAME! See we can all get on here and blame someone or something, however let me just add one last thing. I want to commend the Clay County boys for showing class out there on the floor and not losing their composure when they never got a call the ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE GAME outside of the one technical! Also for not running down the floor and pulling their jersey's over their head after a victory against Pickett Co like a player from Pickett did last year when they beat Clay County. Good job. Finally i will end with this, last i checked when you score more points than your opponent you win, when you don't they count that as a loss so Clay WON the game it wasn't given to them. After all the stuff that went on at this game, i will say this there is one bright and shining light that i seen at Pickett County and that was Miss Lindsey Wright. Fans were mad, yelling and screaming, police getting involved and this young lady came over and congratulated Clay on its victory, she talked with me for awhile and i was very impressed with her. She is an asset to Pickett Co. and a great example for all student athletes. Jacob Wright played a great game, the kid is a very good player and will be a great player before he's done. Good luck to Pickett the rest of the way and i can't think of anything better than to do it again but i don't see you beating Jackson County in the semi's of the district so i guess we'll wait till the region semi's to do it! :thumb:

Why don't you just write a novel Mr. Know It All! LA thumped you by 40! And we are the better team now.

And we are the better team now.

Yea and pigs fly. :D Seriously, ya'll beat us by 10+ twice in the regular season last year and then we beat you for the District Title and if not for some poor play in the last minute and a half of the Region Championship we would have won that too. Once that tourney rolls around the Clay Co./Celina teams have always had more heart and more desire than any team in our district. Don't see why this year should be any different.

Yea and pigs fly. :D Seriously, ya'll beat us by 10+ twice in the regular season last year and then we beat you for the District Title and if not for some poor play in the last minute and a half of the Region Championship we would have won that too. Once that tourney rolls around the Clay Co./Celina teams have always had more heart and more desire than any team in our district. Don't see why this year should be any different.

I watched both championship games last year between Pickett and Clay and I am not sure what you mean by poor play. Are you referring to the missed free throws at the end of the game by your point guard? Or was it letting Bailey drive the length of the floor virtually unguarded? That was poor coaching by not putting more pressure on him than Clay County did.

And one more thing. Pickett would have also won the district championship game if they had not had some poor play down the stretch so don't make excuses. You fuss on everyone else when they do.