Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood is the best team i've seen in a min. It hard to guard a team that has so many wepons. Brandon Wright is the best post player to come out of tennessee since Kirt Haston. One thing that I saw in this game was the ability of Brendwood to run a half court offence to perfection. It just wasnt Brandon it was Jushua Bone Brian Wright and the other players that just excuted. Chism is clearly not on the level that Wright is. He may have more weight on him but when it comes to the other aspects of the game Wright shines. He can handle the ball like a guard, and the sad thing for Chism is that Wright blocked most of his shots without jumping off the floor. Wayne is going to get better but i saw the difference between the number one player in the state and the number three player in the state. There is a wide gap between Brandon Wright and Thad Young compared with Willie and Wayne. They are both good ball players but they arent on the elite level yet. Notice i said yet they will get a whole lot better going to the schools they choose. I think that Wayne will developed faster at Tennessee with the lack of depth and the level of competition in the sec other than Willie going to Memphis and playing against c-usa guards and Washinton jr. will still be there.

Brentwood is the best team i've seen in a min. It hard to guard a team that has so many wepons. Brandon Wright is the best post player to come out of tennessee since Kirt Haston. One thing that I saw in this game was the ability of Brendwood to run a half court offence to perfection. It just wasnt Brandon it was Jushua Bone Brian Wright and the other players that just excuted. Chism is clearly not on the level that Wright is. He may have more weight on him but when it comes to the other aspects of the game Wright shines. He can handle the ball like a guard, and the sad thing for Chism is that Wright blocked most of his shots without jumping off the floor. Wayne is going to get better but i saw the difference between the number one player in the state and the number three player in the state. There is a wide gap between Brandon Wright and Thad Young compared with Willie and Wayne. They are both good ball players but they arent on the elite level yet. Notice i said yet they will get a whole lot better going to the schools they choose. I think that Wayne will developed faster at Tennessee with the lack of depth and the level of competition in the sec other than Willie going to Memphis and playing against c-usa guards and Washinton jr. will still be there.

[/quote

BA won! No excuses here-I for one don' t like excuses. Several of our players did not bring their A-game at all. They know it. (And I bet they'll even know it MORE soon.) :thumb:

If you can find a post where BCHS disses...in any way the players you named...then please repost it-'cause I haven't seen it or even heard it from our guys.

They do respect them.

But as far as them being the "best in Tennessee"..I and others might not agree with that. Are you saying they can't have an off night, or possibly be outplayed on a given night/day? That is a big statement to make lakecounty. Any day/night? BA is great. No doubt here. But perfection?...No team can run it to perfection.

Chism is "clearly" not on the same level as Wright? Well...ok. But I don't agree. Wayne has played some great games that you might not have seen/heard. No kidding about that. Other posters know this is true. But the BA game...not a great night for several of our guys. But that is THEIR bad!!!

If you want to say a "sad" thing for Chism, it would have to be that he didn't bring his "A" game. The one he has played SO many times. I bet he knows that!

Wayne and Willie are great players. And I do appreciate what you said about my former students toward the end of your post. Really. But a wide gap between these guys(?)...now that's a stertch there.(Other posters...let's here from you about this part)-if I'm wrong, it sure wouldn't be the first time! Who knows what might occur on a different night? We won't find out again b/c of our classifications. I wish we could...as I'm sure you do! But a difference between #1 and # 3 players? Who the heck knows how that can/would turn out?

And as far as their development in college...we'll see...but I also believe they'll be just fine in their respective programs.

Overall...you had a good post, but b/c of 1-2 games(?)...I just can't go with ALL of it.

Firefulmer

Lake are you being serious about Willie and Chism not even being close to Wright and Thad.That's far from the truth.

First off with Willie. Calapari(sp?) has already said that he expects Willie to be the starting PG next year. That means him starting on the No.3 ranked team in the country as a freshman with all of the underclassmen Memphis has. He also said that Sean Williams told him he might come back for one more year just to play with Willie. I would say that is an elite player. Also, they are wanting to move Washington Jr. to his natural 2G position.

Now with Chism. He has played equal to all the top big men in the country he has went against. He played Brandon Wright equally in the first meeting this year and held him down the other night too. Most of Wright's points came while he was on the bench (I'm glad Wright is going to be in Carolina Blue because he is a great player). He outplayed Thad in Nashville. Last year in a Ark tournament, he played evenly with Haynesbor(sp?)(the freshman at Carolina who is killin). Bolivar was up in the 4th til Chism fouled out then Haynesbor took over. I also heard he played Oden( who everybody said is the great next big man and the No.1 recruit) evenly in AAU ball this past summer. He is on that level.

Lake are you being serious about Willie and Chism not even being close to Wright and Thad.That's far from the truth.

First off with Willie. Calapari(sp?) has already said that he expects Willie to be the starting PG next year. That means him starting on the No.3 ranked team in the country as a freshman with all of the underclassmen Memphis has. He also said that Sean Williams told him he might come back for one more year just to play with Willie. I would say that is an elite player. Also, they are wanting to move Washington Jr. to his natural 2G position.

Now with Chism. He has played equal to all the top big men in the country he has went against. He played Brandon Wright equally in the first meeting this year and held him down the other night too. Most of Wright's points came while he was on the bench (I'm glad Wright is going to be in Carolina Blue because he is a great player). He outplayed Thad in Nashville. Last year in a Ark tournament, he played evenly with Haynesbor(sp?)(the freshman at Carolina who is killin). Bolivar was up in the 4th til Chism fouled out then Haynesbor took over. I also heard he played Oden( who everybody said is the great next big man and the No.1 recruit) evenly in AAU ball this past summer. He is on that level.

My feelings exactly.

Amen and more brother. Amen and more.

The stats prove this out. Win or lose...this is all true...but we'd rather win!!!

I'd take Wayne And Willie over Joshua Bone and Brandon Wright for my team any day of the week...Both are good but combined Bolivars two stars are a better pair, BA's better with 5

You had Wayne and Willie for your team and you lost . . . I'd take Joshua and Brandon. I suspect most would.

No matter the outcome...for me...can't go against Kemp and Chism. Amazing to me that Bolivar plays all of the high ranked teams, but still some people want to smack us arround if we have a bad night!

We'll see what the training gets us. Yes. I did say training...b/c it can only make the guys stronger---in my opinion.

Gee...do you think it's even possible that Kemp and Chism (and some of the rest) could have had an off night? and I don't want to hear about us and excuses. We lost. Period.

I guess some people expect them to hit it perfect EVERY night! <_<

Ummmm??? Sounds like a new sheriff might be in 12aa town. I think we are just a little more hungerier than your team at this point. With regions at our house you are going to have tough hill to climb this time around - and please, no excuses about how somebody is sick again.

The LHS Tigers!

'05 Boys Individual Golf State Champion

'04 Boys Tennis State Runner-Up

'03 Boys Golf State Champions

'02 Baseball State Champions

'06 Boys Basketball THE GOLD BALL SEASON

Ummmm??? Sounds like a new sheriff might be in 12aa town. I think we are just a little more hungerier than your team at this point. With regions at our house you are going to have tough hill to climb this time around - and please, no excuses about how somebody is sick again.

Juke..been wonderin' where you been! I really had.

No. You haven't heard me making any excuses about sickness...I did mention we had some payers sick---and we did---but we have enough talent on the team that the WELL ones shoulda stepped up and helped out more. If they had, I still think we'd been OK. You know that much. I can tell you that Rudesill'd raher had them healthy...but he wasn't crazy about some of the play either. The talent is there...the guys have to be...as you put it...hungry. After that BA whuppin...I hope they are. Gotta call it what it was. And I think he world of these guys. Playin' them worried me from the beginning. I do believe it helps us own the line...but not much you CAN say abou that!

But it is what it is Juke! Now I'm the one sick...thank God that doesn't matter a bit to the team's performance!

I still think you're off about this new sherriff bidness...but as I've said...2 or 3 players can't do it all for us the entire season. Shouldn't have to. Our role players have been looking better...yeah I know you could care less 'bout that...but it is true.

And one more tning...I couldn't care less if Regions were played in your back yard...I believe BCHS will be OK and I also, as always (go look...go on now) I give the same props to LHS as I always have. That means I/WE respect them Juke. After that close one at our house it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figrue that much out.

Aidios Juke. And if you get beat, don't be a stranger on here! <_<

Iknow...if we do...neither will I.

You had Wayne and Willie for your team and you lost . . . I'd take Joshua and Brandon. I suspect most would.

You may be right about most.

I'd still take Wllie and Wayne when they're on their game...and they usually are.

And I think/know Joshua and Brandon ARE great players.

We got whupped. No excuses. Just don't know what actually happened that night! I'm guessing off night, but even as a BA fan you gotta know BCHS just didn't bring it for whatever reason.

Coaching can't get it done now...especially with Bolivar's experienced team, PLAYING is all there is left pretty much. Just not that much time left in the entire season, Finals and all put together. What a month or so?

OK. BA might have STILL won...but that game (the Tiger's game) was....just off. I can tink of no better words for it.

It's strange.

I think (I'm never POSITIVE this time of year...no overlooking needed...never have been) that we're OK for at least a while...but they can't have another one like that again! They can/should take it on home...but not like that. They know it too.

And I'm taking nothing away from BA. Good job. But that's over for this year no matter what now.

The Tigers better be figuring out why or better yet, prob. just be better to get back to their regular kinda ball here at tourney time.

Edited by firefulmer

I bet you cant name anybody that doesnt go to BA that would take Bone over Wille Kemp. Bone is good, and he doesnt get the credit he deserves, but Willie Kemp is the best gaurd in Tennessee. I would take Bone over Powell beacuse Bone is the better shooter, but Willie Kemp has skills that if you dont watch basketball real close, you will not know about. His basketball IQ is off the charts, his desire to put a team on his back in crunch time cant be taught. Bone and 'Quis Weedle are 2 of the best shoters in the state, but give me Kemp anyday.

Edited by PrepFanatic