Upperman at Jackson County 2/04 Saturday game

UCSportsFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one problem with this post. Gleason is #1 is Class A, not the hotheads from Jackson County.

And as for Jackson County and the State Championship, Summertown may have something to say about that, as well as Wayne County, Collinwood, and Perry County. You would not go thru our district unbeaten. Fact is fact, Jack.

I dont know about the other teams you listed, but JC beat Summertown by 20+ last year at the Mid South.

I dont know about the other teams you listed, but JC beat Summertown by 20+ last year at the Mid South.

I would not count Summertown out, and last year is last year. It is hard to beat a good team 3 times so I give Jackson County the edge, although I hope Upperman beats them 73 to 8. That is a sad score. You just have to want to beat someone badly to win 73 to 8. Heck, play a tight zone and let them shoot from outside or something to let them score some points. Even Loretto let them get to double digits. But Jackson County still brags about that score. I guess if they are proud of it, we all should be. :thumb:

I would not count Summertown out, and last year is last year. It is hard to beat a good team 3 times so I give Jackson County the edge, although I hope Upperman beats them 73 to 8. That is a sad score. You just have to want to beat someone badly to win 73 to 8. Heck, play a tight zone and let them shoot from outside or something to let them score some points. Even Loretto let them get to double digits. But Jackson County still brags about that score. I guess if they are proud of it, we all should be. :thumb:

I assure you that Coach Brown did everything he could other than shoot the ball himself to let Culleoka score in that game. The JC Junior Varsity played the entire second half, Culleoka just couldnt make a shot, flat out. Are the JV girls that never get to play just supossed to lay down and not play hard, they hardly ever get a chance to play and that was their chance to play hard and I cant hold any hard feelings toward those girls for that. Culleoka had plenty of shots, they just couldnt make any. I havent heard any fans from there say anything about us doing them wrong, just you.

About Summertwon, isnt it about the same girls on the team, JC is about the same team from last year too, that was my point on that.

The score has been brought up, but nobody has braged about beating that team.

Edited by bob77

I assure you that Coach Brown did everything he could other than shoot the ball himself to let Culleoka score in that game. The JC Junior Varsity played the entire second half, Culleoka just couldnt make a shot, flat out. Are the JV girls that never get to play just supossed to lay down and not play hard, they hardly ever get a chance to play and that was their chance to play hard and I cant hold any hard feelings toward those girls for that. Culleoka had plenty of shots, they just couldnt make any. I havent heard any fans from there say anything about us doing them wrong, just you.

About Summertwon, isnt it about the same girls on the team, JC is about the same team from last year too, that was my point on that.

The score has been brought up, but nobody has braged about beating that team.

I agree, I would not ask the JV girls not to play hard either. I just would have never brought it up I guess but one of Jackson County's spokespeople used it as an example of how much better a team they were than us; A fact I never disputed, except in jest. Even with the young team Richland has, we have played games that we could have won by such a margin. But our coach refuses to do so. Maybe your coach did all he could. I would hope so.

As for Summertown, they do not need me to speak for them. They will let the results speak for them. I can tell you this: I have seen Sparkman High School in Huntsville Alabama and Lauderdale County in Rogersville Alabama carry the best 2 girl's teams I have ever seen play to the state tournament and win easily. I saw Loretto play over Christmas against Deshler (AL). The Loretto team I saw play against Deshler was as good as either of the two above-mentioned teams. Summertown and Wayne County have both beaten Loretto. I do not know all the facts concerning the wins. Loretto could have had people injured, sick, suspended, I do not know. But I do know that the Loretto team I saw play at Christmas could have beaten any girl's team I have ever seen play. So 2 teams that beat Loretto have to have something. But we will get to see. To tell you the truth, I think Richland played Wayne County with WC at full strength and with Richland down their point guard and Summertown played Richland with Richland down a point guard and Summertown down 1 or 2 very very good players, and I was not overly impressed with either team on the nights we played them. The ST girl that was missing, I believe, was (is) the spark plug for their team. And WC said that they played their worst game to the season against us. All that being said, you will have to be beat both ST and WC before I will change my mind. Those top 4 teams in D12 are for real, especially the top 3. And no matter what anyone on here says, I will put those 4 against the top 4 in your district any day of the week. Just my opinion.

I agree, I would not ask the JV girls not to play hard either. I just would have never brought it up I guess but one of Jackson County's spokespeople used it as an example of how much better a team they were than us; A fact I never disputed, except in jest. Even with the young team Richland has, we have played games that we could have won by such a margin. But our coach refuses to do so. Maybe your coach did all he could. I would hope so.

As for Summertown, they do not need me to speak for them. They will let the results speak for them. I can tell you this: I have seen Sparkman High School in Huntsville Alabama and Lauderdale County in Rogersville Alabama carry the best 2 girl's teams I have ever seen play to the state tournament and win easily. I saw Loretto play over Christmas against Deshler (AL). The Loretto team I saw play against Deshler was as good as either of the two above-mentioned teams. Summertown and Wayne County have both beaten Loretto. I do not know all the facts concerning the wins. Loretto could have had people injured, sick, suspended, I do not know. But I do know that the Loretto team I saw play at Christmas could have beaten any girl's team I have ever seen play. So 2 teams that beat Loretto have to have something. But we will get to see. To tell you the truth, I think Richland played Wayne County with WC at full strength and with Richland down their point guard and Summertown played Richland with Richland down a point guard and Summertown down 1 or 2 very very good players, and I was not overly impressed with either team on the nights we played them. The ST girl that was missing, I believe, was (is) the spark plug for their team. And WC said that they played their worst game to the season against us. All that being said, you will have to be beat both ST and WC before I will change my mind. Those top 4 teams in D12 are for real, especially the top 3. And no matter what anyone on here says, I will put those 4 against the top 4 in your district any day of the week. Just my opinion.

Why cant you use what happened last year to see how far apart JC and Summertown are, is Summertown a different team? I know that JC is better this year than last year, and I would not bet against them playing anyone in the state. They just know how to pull out games. (Upperman does have our number though, I hope it changes Saturday)

Bees win this one easy. JC is over rated. Only way JC will win is if they have help from the refs as they usuallu do at home. But i still say Upperman has better players and will win it in the end. Again JC is way over rated.

"Overrated?" Who is doing the rating? How can a team that has performed so well this season be overrated? Rated compared to what? Who is properly rated? Boy, I really hate the ambiguity that comes with the term "overrated," and how it is always used to talk down about an athlete/team.

Is winning overrated?

Bees win this one easy. JC is over rated. Only way JC will win is if they have help from the refs as they usuallu do at home. But i still say Upperman has better players and will win it in the end. Again JC is way over rated.

We are not overrated. Most of the games we have won at home were by too many points for the refs to call a bad game. :D