Best Bands

CloudlandLander2009

If any of you actually knew anything about bands in TN, you would know on an unbiased opinion, that McGavock consistantly put out the best band in the state every year. Cleveland are becoming another good band. Columbia Central always has a good band. Dobynns-Bennett is another great one. Munford is good, when competing in the west.

As far as small bands.... Mt. Juliet, Page, and of course Father Ryan have been the most consistant for years. Ravenwood is making their way to the top. Harpeth has always been good.

And to whoever said Lipscomb... they dont have a marching band anymore.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you frickin kidding me? Who has the best band year after year after year... DB of course who is going to the frickin rose bowl... DB of course. Who does it sound like the better band is? Whoever thought up this topic is probably the dumbest person I have ever heard of!!!

Oh, thank you so very much, i see you know so much about me. In my own opinion, DB is not necessarily one of the best bands in Tennessee, they just so happen to be one of the biggest bands. There are TONS of smaller bands that are probably much better than DB, (no offense) they just don't get as much recognition as the big bands. If you pay attention, you may notice that the bigger bands tend to mess up more, marching & playing, it's just harder to notice with so many people playing, whereas, the smaller bands don't have much room for error, having so few people.

GO SMALLER BANDS!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :thumb:

ok mcgavock has been really really good in the past, but here lately i just havent been as impressed lately. just because they win c.o.c. ( affectionately called the contest of crap) every year does not make them the best band.

Yeah, Halls isn't even going back to COC this year because we think it's crap. Even though we made finals 2 years in a row.

and i know they're not from TN but I think Kennesaw Mountain has to be my favorite band. Last year they did a show based on the musical "Wicked" and it was AMAZING.

Are you frickin kidding me? Who has the best band year after year after year... DB of course who is going to the frickin rose bowl... DB of course. Who does it sound like the better band is? Whoever thought up this topic is probably the dumbest person I have ever heard of!!!

And who beat DB for Grand Champion at the competition at South Doyle in 2004?

Ok, so here's one of the big questions, who has the best band??? Big bands, small bands, concert, marching, jazz, basketball, and everything else. Who is your pick for best band?

The Ringgold TIGER marching band in n. ga is by far the best hs band i have ever seen in person. yet a close second in the marion co. bands of the early to mid 90's.

The Tullahoma Band is definately the best band in Tennessee.

We've had the best concert band in the state for the past many years. This past year, 58 people from the Tullahoma band made Mid-State Band, and 18 of them made All-State Band. This is more than any other single band in the state of Tennessee.

As far as marching band is concerned, we marched our show, "Boom," in three contests last year, in Tennessee and Alabama.

We were grand champions at two of the three contests. We came in second at the other contest, losing to McGavock by only 0.7 of a point. We beat out Columbia, Siegel, and over 50 other bands. We won the "best music" and "best hornline" awards at all three contests. During the season, we won "best drumline," "best field commanders," and "best guard" awards at one or more of the contests. We recieved all superior ratings during the season.

And our show is even more awesome this upcoming year.

Pearl-Cohn. Without a doubt.

DANG pearl cone came to dekalb last year played us in football(could have broke a 100 i think lol) that band was amazing one of the best preformances i have ever seen in a band i loved it they where very intertaining. we talked bout that in school forever i swear anyone who saw it was like holy crap that was awesome they came in leaning back we had never seen anything like it great halftime show to.

DeKalb has a pretty good band for the size of our school and we have had great ones in years past but i wouldnt put us on the same as show bands like pearl cone or bigger schools with tradional bands like ours.

band director at siegel randy rhody is a member at my church and i have had a chance to see siegel preform very good band. they would be like one of the bigger schools i said i wouldnt put dekalb on the same level as lol