CloudlandLander2009

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Best bands in Tennessee (by division)

West TN: Houston, Cordova, Munford, Gibson County, Peabody, Union City,

Milan. Does anyone know if Humboldt still any good?

Middle TN: McGavock, Columbia, Tullahoma, Overton, Brentwood. What about

Oakland, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet? I've seen a video clip of

Blackman's marching band (they're like a baby MTSU).

East TN: Ooltewah, Dobyns-Bennett, Soddy-Daisy, Science Hill

Tullahoma has been to Contest of Champions. I was a member of the Band of Blue at a time to still remember T-Town's giant walking skeletons in one year and oversized ape the next year. Tullahoma threw in alot of glitz to try to win that competition, but they never made it to the Finals. Perhaps the biggest surprise I can remember in COC is Boone County, KY of the medium division's upset over Nashville-McGavock in '99. That was pretty good.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

mmm seems like baby band can never win over big bands....i suppose its all the GE points they ran @@@@ up and the fact that it doesnt rely as much on each individual but i think in TN there should be reional qualifers and state championships and actually do an organized competitve association unlike the free for all that we do currently. that would make me smile. also if band was a more competitive in TN i would be a much happier kid.... sometime i wish i could move to somewher ein ohio or illinois or texas and be in a BOA band like ronald regan or lassiter or someother awesome tastic BOA band. *dreams of BOA championships*.....

Score one for Tullahoma.

Ok, so.....the only thing proven on this board is that everyone thinks their band is best (as they should) and everyone has an opinion. I actually think there are many GREAT bands in TENNESSEE and each band has different strengths and weaknesses and even those vary from year to year.

Tennessee is known throughout the country for it's music heritage and I believe we have High School music programs to thank.....not to mention the band directors who have dedicated COUNTLESS hours to make each program a SUCCESS.

So what do you say we end this board by giving a big thumbs up to TENNESSEE MUSIC!

BY THE WAY.............ONE WEST TN BAND DIRECTOR RECEIVED "WBBJ-TV TEACHER OF THE WEEK" TODAY. Tune in to WBBJ-TV at 11:30 am, 5:00pm, 6:00pm and 10:00 pm for details! Congratulations Mr. B!