Best Bands

CloudlandLander2009

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Dobyns-Bennett. First of all they won the Tennessee Governor's Cup last fall at MTSU in the Contest of Champions - this is considered the "state championship" for bands in Tennessee. Next they marched in this year's Rose Parade (major competition to be selected) for the second time in the last five years - this is almost unheard of for a high school band from outside of California. They have been invited and marched in the London Millinium Day Parade, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Sugar Bowl Parade/Game, and many others in the last fifteen years. The music program is strong as evidenced by the 380 band members - the largest band in the state of Tennessee (to include The Pride of the Southland at UT).

• 6 months later...
humm yall are the best? how about DB winning COC last year. iv heard that this year is not a step up from last year either. good luck with your perses project or whatever your show is.

One would think that after 5 years you Oakland people would get over the big split. You have had time to rebuild you marching band. How about supporting your local bands. Siegel show is a step up. No one has this show. This show is an original. No copy cat shows or theme shows that have been done over and over again. Come see it and you be the judge.

One would think that after 5 years you Oakland people would get over the big split. You have had time to rebuild you marching band. How about supporting your local bands. Siegel show is a step up. No one has this show. This show is an original. No copy cat shows or theme shows that have been done over and over again. Come see it and you be the judge.

I think they saw it Saturday. Let the results speak for themselves...