Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Sounds about right to me Coach 23, I think everyone will be suprised in South-Doyle's improvment. Better not overlook them... Last I heard Hall's had no seniors playing this year. If Maryville and WB's young players have a good year it will be a tight race with Heritage and Farragut.... WB has a new coach and she will be in for a very interesting season and like you I have to pull for the home team. Good luck William Blount, and good luck to everyone else except when it's against WB........

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's who's gone from Halls. Of course they lost Emilee McConkey 2nd basemen and Mackenzie Loy SS because they graduated and moved on to Austion Peay and Tusculom. The 3 seniors not returning are Kristin Simmons, Catcher, bats 5th (RBI leader on the team), Nicole D'Apice, Outfielder, bats 3rd (RBI leader on the team), Natalie Marshall, 3rd basemen. The 3 Juniors not returning are Whitney Key, Outfielder and speedster, Brittany Webb, 1st basemen, 4th batter freshmen & sophomore year (led the team in RBIs both years), all district freshmen year, Aftin Forsythe utility player. The 3 Sophomores not returning are Lindsay Bridges, Pitcher (pretty close tie for #1 pitcher on the team), Staci D'Apice, outfielder, lefty slapper with great wheels, Rachel Moretto, outfielder. All of these girls were on the Varsity team so you see 11 varsity players are gone. The only starting varsity player left is Junior, Sasha Russell, lefty pitcher. Coach 23 you hit the nail on the head!!

I got to give it to you, Coach23. You summed up Knoxville pretty well. I also appreciate you 'Humble Pie' about Gibbs.

Powell is the team to beat this year in AAA. I think they are a shoe-in for state. he second team from the region will will be an interesting race. Farragut and Heritage will be the front-runners in 4AAA, but both teams will have to learn how to compete in tournament play (both teams were knocked from district last year).

The other thig that I have learned to appreciate is the impact that freshman can have. Heritage was not on the radar this time last year, but mix in some good freshman and maturing sophomores and bang!!, you've got a good team. WB will be interesting to watch this year with a new coach and some different players. South Doyle will also have potential this year with Brittany back. Maryville is the Gibbs of 4AAA, I have learned to never count them out.

Everybody have fun this year!!

most of the players not returning at halls didn't "make" the team when tryouts were held last fall.

kee moved to gibbs, will probably be at ss

for those girls to have been solid performers in 05 and not make the team for 06, they must have a great group of freshmen coming in.

or there are some political issues going on.

Beamergal - it's a real shame that these talented players at Halls will not be playing because of a vendictive and destructive coach. I've seen these girls play and they're good. How long has the coach been there? Are they a rookie? I imagine that parents and players have gone to the high school admin...any results? Coaches should consider their job a priviledge and treat **kids** with respect and honor.

most of the players not returning at halls didn't "make" the team when tryouts were held last fall.

kee moved to gibbs, will probably be at ss

for those girls to have been solid performers in 05 and not make the team for 06, they must have a great group of freshmen coming in.

or there are some political issues going on.