Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

I think Alcoa will be all over Gibbs and Seymour.

Farragut will be lucky to be in anything.

Come on Coach 23 are you that good

Don't know why you would say Alcoa will be all over Gibbs and Seymour. Alcoa (I don't think) has ever beat Gibbs. Alcoa struggled to beat Seymour last year to move on in the district tournament. The scores I believe of the 4 game Alcoa played Seymour 3 games was 1-0 Alcoa. and Seymour won 11-0. I wish people would't give Carol and Dana something to hang on the Bulletin board by making statements like that.

Farragut is one of the best softball programs in the State. Just look at the State apperance's they have made. I think Farragut wins in every sport they play. Baseball team has maybe the best program in the State. Girls BB is at the top year in and year out. etc.

Coach23 knows softball and alot of players across the State. He coaches (ASA) "A" ball during the summer. Has coached in Chattanogga. Put a team together that went on to win the NSA Super Nationals in Kansas City. etc.

Edited by TNT

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why you would say Alcoa will be all over Gibbs and Seymour. Alcoa (I don't think) has ever beat Gibbs. Alcoa struggled to beat Seymour last year to move on in the district tournament. The scores I believe of the 4 game Alcoa played Seymour 3 games was 1-0 Alcoa. and Seymour won 11-0. I wish people would't give Carol and Dana something to hang on the Bulletin board by making statements like that.

Coach23 knows softball and alot of players across the State. He coaches (ASA) "A" ball during the summer. Has coached in Chattanogga. Put a team together that went on to win the NSA Super Nationals in Kansas City. etc.

Thanks for the support TNT. Gibbs, Aloca and Seymour have battled for those top two spots for the past three years now. Seymour always seems to come up short. Carol always brings her best games to district....she knows how to get her team ready for the big game....this is evident by her record. Without a doubt, the Gibbs program has to be the best and most consistent in the state. As long as Brittany is at Alcoa, they will always be a threat. You just CAN'T consistently score runs on that kid! I find it hard to believe I willingly moved into this district! I don't think this year will be any different...hopefully a little closer scores with Gibbs. I have to believe the hardest working team of the three in the off season will come out on top!

As for the Alcoa and Seymour rivalry, I think it the best in the Knoxville area. I know the majority of teh 8 or 9 games the past two years were decided by just one run...usually 1-0. Just look at last years semi-final game in district. An 4-3 Alcoa win in an 11 inning gem where both pitchers, knowing what was at stake, left it all on the field. This is what softball is all about.

As for the Halls situation, it is everything bad about high school sports.....a tenured teacher and coach who has lost the grip on what high school softball is about. Using his position to belittle and abuse kids who just want to play. I don't want to hear that the girls are not "good" enough to make the team. That is just plain bull. One of the girls, Nicole D'Apice, is good enough to earn a softball scholarship to a UT-Chattanooga, a D-1 softball school that is competitive on the national level, regardless of whether or not she plays her senior year of high school ball. At least two others I know will play ball post high school, likley at D-1 school if they choose. It is just a bad situation....and a sad day for parent and child alike who have devoted countless hours preparing to perform their best for their community.

Farragut is one of the best softball programs in the State. Just look at the State apperance's they have made. I think Farragut wins in every sport they play. Baseball team has maybe the best program in the State. Girls BB is at the top year in and year out. etc.

:thumb: This sounds like alot of parents of pitchers to me. TNT is Fagg all Heritage has got. I seem to remember alot of girls that can hit the ball on that team, plus 2 other pitchers that are really good. Maryville had about 5 girls hitting over 400 last year and a soph. that is coming in to play ss. I think their team was a team last year and to say Little and Melton together can not fill Giles shoes I don't know. Lenoir City has 2 fresh. this year that are really going to be good. WB is young but they are going to be a real good team that everybody is going to have to answer to with a senior "pitcher." Coach 23 may be boosting the girls he knows but come on TNT don't you know any of these girls.

Well Poker Face, I'm not TNT but I've known him most of my life so I'll try to answer some of your questions. Heritage has several good pitchers, a soph p/2b who is very good at both positions also hits the ball big time for a little thing. They have a senior who works well as a change of pace,hard to hit. They also have a good junior pitcher.

Maryville has two freshman pitchers who should get some circle time, they are both big strong kids with great attitudes. Lindsy and Brooke will more then hold their own, Lindsy is very dangerous at the plate. Maryville will be in the district race just like always.

Lenoir city don't have a clue, other than Sarah leaves a big hole to fill.....

I'll leave WB to some one else and only say that if the offense steps up they will be in the district mix. No one wants to hear my home cookn'.

As for Hall's problems , they are real and the players should not have to leave the team because of a coach who abuses his position , all for the sake of control.

I know most of the players who left and most of the parents, they are not unreasonable folks. Two of the girls have played travel ball with us for the last three years. One is a SS/Catcher who would start for any high school team and most A ball travel teams. She never got to play SS for Halls, she led our travel team in hitting and RBI's, the same thing for Halls. The other a 1b/catcher is a junior same thing Hitting/RBI leader for Halls and her travel teams , she didn't play with us this year ( need to talk to coach 23 about that, just kidding) but they are both great kids with good parents ( one of the Dads could use a few fishing lessons :thumb:. Anyway the entire mess at Halls has caused nothing but ill will and a lot of grief for everyone involved ,especially the players.

Don't want to forget Farragut, what can you say they are always in the district hunt every year. How about it ladyAdmiral, what's the blind squirrel going to do this season...?

Again good luck to everyone....!

Edited by VTEC

Well Poker Face, I'm not TNT but I've known him most of my life so I'll try to answer some of your questions. Heritage has several good pitchers, a soph p/2b who is very good at both positions also hits the ball big time for a little thing. They have a senior who works well as a change of pace,hard to hit. They also have a good junior pitcher.

Maryville has two freshman pitchers who should get some circle time, they are both big strong kids with great attitudes. Lindsy and Brooke will more then hold their own, Lindsy is very dangerous at the plate. Maryville will be in the district race just like always.

Lenoir city don't have a clue, other than Sarah leaves a big hole to fill.....

I'll leave WB to some one else and only say that if the offense steps up they will be in the district mix. No one wants to hear my home cookn'.

As for Hall's problems , they are real and the players should not have to leave the team because of a coach who abuses his position , all for the sake of control.

I know most of the players who left and most of the parents, they are not unreasonable folks. Two of the girls have played travel ball with us for the last three years. One is a SS/Catcher who would start for any high school team and most A ball travel teams. She never got to play SS for Halls, she led our travel team in hitting and RBI's, the same thing for Halls. The other a 1b/catcher is a junior same thing Hitting/RBI leader for Halls and her travel teams , she didn't play with us this year ( need to talk to coach 23 about that, just kidding) but they are both great kids with good parents ( one of the Dads could use a few fishing lessons :thumb:. Anyway the entire mess at Halls has caused nothing but ill will and a lot of grief for everyone involved ,especially the players.

Don't want to forget Farragut, what can you say they are always in the district hunt every year. How about it ladyAdmiral, what's the blind squirrel going to do this season...?

Again good luck to everyone....!

How is Kayla and Kara doing....

Talked with Kara's dad the other day, they seem to be doing well. Have not seen Kayla or her parents since before Christmas. Thought I might see them at the WB/Heritage basketball game Friday night. Did talk to James (Shelly's dad ) for a little while after the game........

Thanks for the update.... Hope they all do good this season....

TNVOL63.............it's political.

And to tnscooter your comments are correct, there were tryouts in the fall which are considered illegal by TSSAA rules. According to Mark Duff, new Halls High Principal & former AD at Powell High, he does think the final selection was made by the coach however he said further evidence showed him other schools and coaches allow & participate in this illegal selection process so he allowed this to stand.

Edited by beamergal

Well, I've read all the posts and something stikes me. I"VE SEEN ALL THIS BEFORE!! Was it last year, no, the year before, no, the year before that!

VTEC, Farragut should be better this year. The team did not play as well last year as they were capable of, not to mention rain outs that caused some key tournaments to be cancelled. The key to Farragut this year will be RBIs. We had good batting averages last year, but averages with runners in scoring position were terrible. We have a group of Seniors that can set the record for wins in a four year span at Farragut. That is saying alot. I couple of key sophomores that will crack the batting lineup this year may make a difference.

Farragut and Alcoa square off in the first regular contest of the year. Should be an interesting test for both teams.

Good luck ladyadmiral, WB is in the same shape it all depends on putting points on the board. Rachel and Genie are the only seniors, but they have a good group of juniors and sophs. WB and Heritage are on Spring Break the first week of the season, so they will be a few days behind everyone else. I hope the weather is not a big factor this season.......