A/AA picks for State

manU721

Here is a "did you know" type fact for A-AA competition:

A-AA was created for soccer in 1996. Notre Dame competed in A-AA in 96' and 97' before moving to DII. During those seasons, ND was undefeated against A-AA opponents and won two state championships before moving to DII (where they reached the state semis in 98' but have not returned to state since).

In addition, ND knocked off Knox Catholic (the other A-AA addition) in the semifinals on their way to both A-AA titles.

ND is undefeated all-time in A-AA competition. That record may have stood forever, but it will now be put to test this year. It should be an exciting season.

Of course, ND has lost to A/AA teams while competing as a Div. II school {eg CCS and CSAS }. They are loaded this year, but who will carry the offensive load?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better keep an eye on Madison Academic High School. They are loaded this year. The girls surprised a lot of people and the boys will also. They held a good Martin team to 3 overtimes last year in the region final game. They are in a weak region and that is why they are only playing 4 teams in their region, and everyone else outside the region. They will be tough. Should be Madison,Haywood,USJ and Dyersburg going to sub-state from Region 7 and Region 8.

Better keep an eye on Madison Academic High School. They are loaded this year. The girls surprised a lot of people and the boys will also. They held a good Martin team to 3 overtimes last year in the region final game. They are in a weak region and that is why they are only playing 4 teams in their region, and everyone else outside the region. They will be tough. Should be Madison,Haywood,USJ and Dyersburg going to sub-state from Region 7 and Region 8.

hey mustangs, what about Sheffield, you think they won't be in because of Haywood?

wow... i love the A/AA this year... it is going to be great to play in for my last year of soccer... a lot of tough competition... we got the usual teams that will compete and then we the two new teams coming in that will add to it and then there are always the underdogs that are ready to spoil someones state wishes... this year there will be no joke of a game during state or regions... good luck to all teams competing and i cant wait to see all you guys at the state tourney...

Wow just realized the soccer boards were open. A/AA belongs to CAK this year. To me, anything less than a state title is a disappointment. Didn't Tarr go to that school in Florida or something like that? If he is gone they may not put up as many points on people, but starting no senior last year, they will hae a lot of experience this year. Sup BigG, Gracekeep, and lcsoccer how about them blue devils?

Wow just realized the soccer boards were open. A/AA belongs to CAK this year. To me, anything less than a state title is a disappointment. Didn't Tarr go to that school in Florida or something like that? If he is gone they may not put up as many points on people, but starting no senior last year, they will hae a lot of experience this year. Sup BigG, Gracekeep, and lcsoccer how about them blue devils?

It's about time you got back on the boards! I thought your boss might finally have cracked down on you!

Yes, Brandon in in Florida. Some teams will dismiss us without him. That's fine. I'd rather fly low, and end high, than the other way around. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tryouts start tomorrow. A record 34 players vying for limited positions! We actually will have a JV team!

It's about time you got back on the boards! I thought your boss might finally have cracked down on you!

Yes, Brandon in in Florida. Some teams will dismiss us without him. That's fine. I'd rather fly low, and end high, than the other way around. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tryouts start tomorrow. A record 34 players vying for limited positions! We actually will have a JV team!

If you need a coach for the JV team, give me a call. Lets not forget that I too am a 3 time defending champion coach.

Edited by CoachLogan74

Kingston is not at the level of winning a state championship. They have not had that kind of talent in the last few years. They are a good team but not in the top 10 of the state. CAK probably has their deepest team since they won state in 2003. (the first one) They return all but 1 of their key players and pick up some very good freshman to increase this depth. This should serve them well since they face a strengthened A/AA bracket with Catholic and Notre Dame being added. There is always FRA and I am not sure how good CCS is but it was a Cinderella run last year for them to make it to the finals. Sheffield is about the only team I know about in west tennessee that I could see making a run for the title. Hume Fogg could also make some noise.