Who is going to win Daytona 500

The General

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to start a season. I will probably skip the next couple of races because all you will hear about is Jimmy Johnson winnning Daytona without his crewchief. If I heard the story of Knaus not being there once I probably heard it 10 times throughout the race yesterday.

Overall a good race, I cried when Gordon and Stewart hit the wall (LOL)

Sterling ran in the top 15 all day and got hung up in someone else's wreck. Look for him to run well at California and Vegas. He like's both of those tracks and seems to be in a competetive car for a change. They need some work on pit stops which should get better as they work together.

Guest catfish-hunter

Jeff Gordon had a chance to win that race without third gear. He was coming on strong late in the race until he got caught up in Kurt Busch's wreck. Despite the bad finish they showed why they are a championship caliber team.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car was strong but it wasn't the strongest. He finished as well as he did because of his ability to run at the restrictor plate race tracks. Nobody went with Little E towards the end which proves my theory that the popular opinion at those two tracks has become "anyone but Jr."

Tony Stewart is an idiot. He never wants to take the blame for anything out there on the track and it's always somebody else's fault. Stewart's wreckless driving in the early going is what got Gordon caught up in that little incident. He takes and runs Kenseth into the grass on purpose and for that Kenseth is the one who winds up losing a lap. Starting at the end of the longest line at Daytona is not a big punishment at all.

Heck, NASCAR held Joe Nemecheck for a lap in Saturday's Busch race for speeding through while cars were spinning out on the track. Kyle Busch's penalty at the end of the race was after a far less significant incident than Stewart running Kenseth into the grass. Do you think NASCAR plays favorites at all or that they fear this violent induvidual named Tony Stewart??????????? ;)

Finally, congrats to Jimmie Johnson. I don't like him much but the guy sure did come through in the end without one of the better crew chiefs on the circuit out there yesterday.