Who is going to win Daytona 500

The General

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to start a season. I will probably skip the next couple of races because all you will hear about is Jimmy Johnson winnning Daytona without his crewchief. If I heard the story of Knaus not being there once I probably heard it 10 times throughout the race yesterday.

Overall a good race, I cried when Gordon and Stewart hit the wall (LOL)

Sterling ran in the top 15 all day and got hung up in someone else's wreck. Look for him to run well at California and Vegas. He like's both of those tracks and seems to be in a competetive car for a change. They need some work on pit stops which should get better as they work together.

Sterling was even running in the top 10 late in the race. What gets me is that the announcers won`t even talk about him. And he started way back in ths pack....I think like 40 something. I wonder if NASCAR has its drivers they want promoted or does the network make that call. I mean Sterlin starts way back in the pack and is racing in the top 10 with no mention and these guys are talking about folks who aren`t even on the lead lap or are way back in the pack.

One more thing I was wondering about Sterlin. You have to know that the last few years that he and his crew and the folks that are there with him around his trailer each race got all the Coors Lite they wanted since that was his sponser. That left me wondering what "perks" he is getting from his new sponser this year....Waste Management" :thumb:

They don't talk about him because he is not a fan favorite. The fans rather hear talk about their favorite driver, thus, they don't talk much about Sterlin..

Have to admit though, I kinda like ol Sterlin..

I think Sterling is funny too. Remember a few years ago when they stopped the race and he got out to fix something and the officials made him get back in the car?

Sterling was even running in the top 10 late in the race. What gets me is that the announcers won`t even talk about him. And he started way back in ths pack....I think like 40 something. I wonder if NASCAR has its drivers they want promoted or does the network make that call. I mean Sterlin starts way back in the pack and is racing in the top 10 with no mention and these guys are talking about folks who aren`t even on the lead lap or are way back in the pack.

I agree, crap like this PMO.

Just today I sent e-mails to NBC Sports and let them know how I felt of their commercials with a little racing on the side and how I felt about their second tier commentating staff. Either step up to the pump or quit while you can.........

My only suggestion is go and watch as many as you can live. I will be at both Talladega races, both Bristol races. I will possibly be at Richmond, Martinsville, Michigan and Texas. It pays to have a friend with a plane and a connection within the sport.

This is the only way around the pitiful thing we are subjected to called: NASCAR on FOX or NBC. It is almost as bad as Monday Night Football has been the past few years.

ps -- My hand is held up. Ii have been to Daytona many times, but no race is as good as Bristol (either race)

Edited by mctigersportsfan