? for RMC or those from other states

maj

Do other states have a double elimination tournament for the individual contest or do they follow the seemingly (at least to me ) inane tennessee approach where many athletes wrestle once and they are out. It would seem to me a double elimination tournament with a true second place wrestle off would be the way to go to establish the state tournament place winners.

Need double elim. butno true second wrestle off. If we are going to have true second we need challenge for 3rd. thru 6th. Double elim. would be great. The draw determines placers as much as the wrestlers do, and it is even more important now with the top 3 only advancing. But that is the logic of the TSSAA. Take 2-8 teams to the football play-offs for a few dollars. But dont give an opportunity to a kid who has worked his tail off for a chance.

Do other states have a double elimination tournament for the individual contest or do they follow the seemingly (at least to me ) inane tennessee approach where many athletes wrestle once and they are out. It would seem to me a double elimination tournament with a true second place wrestle off would be the way to go to establish the state tournament place winners.

Georgia's tournament is double elimination, but not with wrestle back for 2nd only to 3rd.

Edited by RMC

Improving referees seems like a curable condition.

TSSAA is terminal.

I actually told both the heads of the two referee groups down here I was thinking of moving to Tennessee because the refs as so bad down here. They actually ratinalized bad calls going against Collins Hill because the Coach stays on them. I asked them if they they thought it was his job to make sure every call it correct. They said yes....I said what's the problem? They said it was annoying. I was shocked.

I'd take my kid up there.....but I'm not sure anyone would have him.

Edited by RMC

I actually told both the heads of the two referee groups down here I was thinking of moving to Tennessee because the refs as so bad down here. They actually ratinalized bad calls going against Collins Hill because the Coach stays on them. I asked them if they they thought it was his job to make sure every call it correct. They said yes....I said what's the problem? They said it was annoying. I was shocked.

Bring him to bear country. We'll find him a spot.

Edited by BayouBear

Bring him to bear country. We'll find him a spot.

I'd have to toughen him up for that!

I'll tell you what...I feel like I did when I found out there wasn't a Santa Clause or Easter Bunny. It's a terrible feeling when you find out the people you thought were good people have a really dark side and an agenda.

Since he already has a green singlet, seems like the Irish would be a good fit for your young lad. Plus, I have pictures of WV and Raider76 in the "Battle of the Speedos" that we could share laughs over the season.

Your right about our Refs, without a doubt the best from everywhere I've been.

BCB

Edited by bear cat brown

Thanks for the info. Georgia continues to improve while TN stagnates.

Another example of TSSAA's stoneage approach and indifference toward wrestling.

I will agree Georgia Wrestling continues to improve and i believe now is better than Florida as the Best Wrestling State in the South. The feeder programs and the USA wrestling programs can be thanked for that improvement. I was at the Georgia high school state this weekend in Gwinnett and was impressed with some of the Champions. Will be at Chattanooga this weekend to see how they stack up against what i saw this weekend.

Good Luck to all teams

KEEFJAMS