Mcminn Central Over Cleveland

mayspeed

Anyone get to watch McMinn Central and Cleveland? Came back from about a

20 point deficit and won in overtime. Cleveland had 4 girls to foul out and Central had 3 with about 4 min. left to play. Central really turned up the defence in the 2nd half. They looked slow and made several mistakes in the first half. I heard it was the first time in several years to beat Cleveland. Glad to see Cental take down two of the local giants this year.

Edited by mayspeed

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone get to watch McMinn Central and Cleveland? Came back from about a

20 point deficit and won in overtime. Cleveland had 4 girls to foul out and Central had 3 with about 4 min. left to play. Central really turned up the defence in the 2nd half. They looked slow and made several mistakes in the first half. I heard it was the first time in several years to beat Cleveland. Glad to see Cental take down two of the local giants this year.

According to the Chatt. paper there were 84 foul shots and 7 players fouled out. Was it a well called game ? If it was, apparently there was some bad blood going on. What's the story ?

A word of wisdom: If one team shoots over 30 free throws in a game, it is an officiating debacle or a prison team was participating in the competition. With that being said, McMinn Central shot 50.

Of course, this should be read with the unmentioned disclaimer that this was again a performance by the great officials that rear their ugly (and large) heads in every District 5 basketball performance north of Cleveland.

Thanks officials, for all that you do. I don't know what would be done without you, but it would sure take less time and less would be seen of you.

That is amazing :lol:

What about Cleveland? How many for them?

Cleveland had 22 of 34. Yes it was like a prison team, #15 for Cleveland had 4 (HEAD RIPPING) fouls in the first half. She is a monster on the court. I think the calling was a little better than most of the games I have seen up here but it was a long night. Not to mention Cleveland point guard getting hurt and Central girls upchucking in the nearest garbage cans while waiting on foul shots to be taken.

In the boy's game a Cleveland guard had a massive cut to the head and had to delay the game for the court cleanup....... no foul called on that one.

Cleveland had 22 of 34. Yes it was like a prison team, #15 for Cleveland had 4 (HEAD RIPPING) fouls in the first half. She is a monster on the court. I think the calling was a little better than most of the games I have seen up here but it was a long night. Not to mention Cleveland point guard getting hurt and Central girls upchucking in the nearest garbage cans while waiting on foul shots to be taken.

In the boy's game a Cleveland guard had a massive cut to the head and had to delay the game for the court cleanup....... no foul called on that one.

Cleveland's point guard got gurt?? U talking about Angie Wells and how bad was that injury??? :lol:

Sad that 4 of our best players foul out, and i dont think we have had someone to foul out all year, before this game. Hope Angie is ok, and I think she will be back for district tourney. 50 free throws, man seemed like the whistle was being blown on every possesion Central had. Not complaining, Central won it fair and square, game doesn't mean anything to me, so..Go Lady Raiders!!!

I was quite dissapointed in the referees last night. #15 should have been kicked out of the game after the 2nd foul. Every time I have seen this girl play, she comes off the bench like she just got her hand slapped in a tag-team wrestling match. She has absolutely no sportsmanship whatsoever. She is nothing but a street brawler looking to hurt anyone who gets within a foot of her. And may God help anyone who should block one of her shots. My daughter played against her during an AAu game when she was in the 8th or 9th grade and I watched her throw our point guard into the bleachers. I have thought for a long time that this girl should be banned from playing basketball or any sport before someone gets seriously hurt.