District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rank the teams in District 10 A

Just a guess here but based on last years teams which some have improved and some haven't I'm sure. This is my take on how the season starts out at least. You never really know at this point so early.

1. Jo Byrns

2. Nashville Christian

3. Houston County

4. East Robertson

5. White House Heritage ??

6. Clarksville Academy

7. McEwen

8. Montesssori

9. East Literature

From # 4 on down I am just guessing cause I have no idea what these teams have back this year. New teams in this district are Montessori and East Literature and honestly i can't remember what White House Heritage had last year ...not much if I remember correctly. McEwen is pretty weak along with Clarksville Academy unless some new guys have moved into the area for them. Good luck to all ....this is just a guess ranking.

Just a guess here but based on last years teams which some have improved and some haven't I'm sure. This is my take on how the season starts out at least. You never really know at this point so early.

1. Jo Byrns

2. Nashville Christian

3. Houston County

4. East Robertson

5. White House Heritage ??

6. Clarksville Academy

7. McEwen

8. Montesssori

9. East Literature

From # 4 on down I am just guessing cause I have no idea what these teams have back this year. New teams in this district are Montessori and East Literature and honestly i can't remember what White House Heritage had last year ...not much if I remember correctly. McEwen is pretty weak along with Clarksville Academy unless some new guys have moved into the area for them. Good luck to all ....this is just a guess ranking.

I agree on most of the team that were ranked in their spots on a guess.

1. Jo Byrns did lose a few of their upper classmen last year like their catcher who has always been a good ball player because i have played against him for a long time, and Ryan Vincent who was a good pitcher for them last year.

2. Nashville Christian did lose a few players last year, but they also went very far in the tournaments so I'm sure they will have a pretty strong team, they usually do.

3. Houston County did lose quite a few of their players I think, but I'm not for sure, but they have always been a pretty big baseball school.

4. White House Heritage lost 4 of their key ball players, they graduated last year and their shoes will be hard to fill, Heritage had a rough season last year, but I know they have been training hard all off season to turn things around and have a good ball team for this coming up season, I also know that two of the East Robertson ball players has transfered their and both of them are very srtong ball player and will help with pitching and in the outfiled as well as batting.

5. East Robertson, lost alot of key players last year, they lost their #1 pitcher Scott Warren, and also Chris Dudley who is an amazing athlete in all sports and John Robert Stewart who was also a key pitcher. I do know that their will be alot of under classmen taking resposibility for their key losses.

6. Clarksville Academy had a pretty descent team last year, I'd have to say that baseball is one of their better sports, they still have their catcher #8, I'm not sure what his name is but i do know that he is a senior this year and he had a big impact on their team last year and I think they will be kind of an unpredictable team this year, but I'm sure they'll upset alot of teams even if they don't have a good season.

7. McEwen has been around for a long time and has always had a descent baseball team, i know they lost their #1 player who was their Catcher, they called him bubbah, and he had the best bat on the team, they also lost Puckett who was a descent ball player, but I'm not sure who all they have left, but we'll see later in the season.

8. Montessori, I really know nothing about their baseball team, i know that they are not well known for their athletics, but i have no idea how their baseball team is.

9. East Literature has not had a very good team the past two years, I have played against them and they really didn't have much, but maybe they picked up a few more players that could make a different impact this year.

Well I just though I'd share a little information about this district, Good Luck to all the teams this season.

I agree on most of the team that were ranked in their spots on a guess.

1. Jo Byrns did lose a few of their upper classmen last year like their catcher who has always been a good ball player because i have played against him for a long time, and Ryan Vincent who was a good pitcher for them last year.

2. Nashville Christian did lose a few players last year, but they also went very far in the tournaments so I'm sure they will have a pretty strong team, they usually do.

3. Houston County did lose quite a few of their players I think, but I'm not for sure, but they have always been a pretty big baseball school.

4. White House Heritage lost 4 of their key ball players, they graduated last year and their shoes will be hard to fill, Heritage had a rough season last year, but I know they have been training hard all off season to turn things around and have a good ball team for this coming up season, I also know that two of the East Robertson ball players has transfered their and both of them are very srtong ball player and will help with pitching and in the outfiled as well as batting.

5. East Robertson, lost alot of key players last year, they lost their #1 pitcher Scott Warren, and also Chris Dudley who is an amazing athlete in all sports and John Robert Stewart who was also a key pitcher. I do know that their will be alot of under classmen taking resposibility for their key losses.

6. Clarksville Academy had a pretty descent team last year, I'd have to say that baseball is one of their better sports, they still have their catcher #8, I'm not sure what his name is but i do know that he is a senior this year and he had a big impact on their team last year and I think they will be kind of an unpredictable team this year, but I'm sure they'll upset alot of teams even if they don't have a good season.

7. McEwen has been around for a long time and has always had a descent baseball team, i know they lost their #1 player who was their Catcher, they called him bubbah, and he had the best bat on the team, they also lost Puckett who was a descent ball player, but I'm not sure who all they have left, but we'll see later in the season.

8. Montessori, I really know nothing about their baseball team, i know that they are not well known for their athletics, but i have no idea how their baseball team is.

9. East Literature has not had a very good team the past two years, I have played against them and they really didn't have much, but maybe they picked up a few more players that could make a different impact this year.

Well I just though I'd share a little information about this district, Good Luck to all the teams this season.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you know the district pretty well. Just a couple of notes ...Nashville Christian only lost one Senior last year ...he was a DH and not that much of an impact player but will be missed. Most of NCS is made up of Sophomores but they have a good team. Not sure how East players ended up on WHH team unless they both moved into the area. Seems interesting that two baseball players from one school would actually move into another school zone of a team in the same district within the same year. But it could happen i guess, just seems funny to me. Mc Ewen was down last year and wil lbe even more down this year i predict Puckett graduated two years ago and never was much of a baseball player just sort of went through the motions most of the time that i saw him play.

Montessori is new and is coached by the girls basketball coach who happens to be the father of the Kennedy kid that is such a good shooter for them. Not sure how they will end up this year. Thanks again for your input and look forward to other folks adding any info they might have regarding District 10A baseball season and personel.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you know the district pretty well. Just a couple of notes ...Nashville Christian only lost one Senior last year ...he was a DH and not that much of an impact player but will be missed. Most of NCS is made up of Sophomores but they have a good team. Not sure how East players ended up on WHH team unless they both moved into the area. Seems interesting that two baseball players from one school would actually move into another school zone of a team in the same district within the same year. But it could happen i guess, just seems funny to me. Mc Ewen was down last year and wil lbe even more down this year i predict Puckett graduated two years ago and never was much of a baseball player just sort of went through the motions most of the time that i saw him play.

Montessori is new and is coached by the girls basketball coach who happens to be the father of the Kennedy kid that is such a good shooter for them. Not sure how they will end up this year. Thanks again for your input and look forward to other folks adding any info they might have regarding District 10A baseball season and personel.

Wow, I had no idea that Nashville Christian only had one senior last year, especially since he was just a DH, i know they had a good team last year, but i guess that's good for them because they should be really good this coming up season, because I ain't sure but i think they went pretty far in tournaments last season. But about the two East Robertson boys, i used to play at east in middle school, but then i transfered to White House Heritage, while i was at east i played with them and they are both descent ball players, but one of players parents got a divorce and the kid decided to move in with his mom and she is zoned for white house heritage so he had no choice but to attend heritage, but TSSAA rules say that as long as a player moves residents then he's alrght to play in the upcoming season for his new school, but the other kid has been tryin to get in to Heritage for the past year because he didn't like the way the Coach at East did things so he didn't play last season so he will be alright to play. But I'll be honest with you, when white house heritage was built into a new high school East Robertson's head football coach (Pat Brown) and assistant baseball coach (Chris Logsdon) took the job at heritage for both of them to try to start a good athletic program at heritage, but i moved to heritage simply because i really liked both coaches, and plus my brother played for both of them at east robertson and I wanted to play for them, and alot of players from east felt the same way, but the two east boys that transfered should be good to go this season. feel free to reply back so we can discuss this district further as the season gets closer

Wow, I had no idea that Nashville Christian only had one senior last year, especially since he was just a DH, i know they had a good team last year, but i guess that's good for them because they should be really good this coming up season, because I ain't sure but i think they went pretty far in tournaments last season. But about the two East Robertson boys, i used to play at east in middle school, but then i transfered to White House Heritage, while i was at east i played with them and they are both descent ball players, but one of players parents got a divorce and the kid decided to move in with his mom and she is zoned for white house heritage so he had no choice but to attend heritage, but TSSAA rules say that as long as a player moves residents then he's alrght to play in the upcoming season for his new school, but the other kid has been tryin to get in to Heritage for the past year because he didn't like the way the Coach at East did things so he didn't play last season so he will be alright to play. But I'll be honest with you, when white house heritage was built into a new high school East Robertson's head football coach (Pat Brown) and assistant baseball coach (Chris Logsdon) took the job at heritage for both of them to try to start a good athletic program at heritage, but i moved to heritage simply because i really liked both coaches, and plus my brother played for both of them at east robertson and I wanted to play for them, and alot of players from east felt the same way, but the two east boys that transfered should be good to go this season. feel free to reply back so we can discuss this district further as the season gets closer

Thanks for clearing that up about the two East Robertson guys. Sounds like they should be just fine to play this year. Hope you guys can pull it together and have a decent season I sure know how that goes starting from mostly nothing. Just takes some time.

Yes NCS came in 2nd place in the district behind Jo Byrns last year ...went on to the region and lost to Goodpasture by about 4-5 runs i think. Was the year to over achieve i think for them but they were sure playing good ball going into the district tournament at Houston County. This year NCS will be a bit more mature not much ...three of these sophomores have been starting on the team since they were in 8th grade. But they have some good Seniors and Juniors this year as well ...should be fun watching them play. Can't wait to get started ...GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!

I like ur guys take on the district and i mostly agree w/ everything. I think most every team in this region will improve this year. Especially NCS! But believe it or not I think Jo Byrns will be better this year than last year. They are returning 8 of 9 starters on the field, and the only real loss is Pitcher Ryan Vincent, but Parker Holman and Brandon Sneed will replace him nicely. As far as fire power w/ the bats: Jo Byrns lost none, The 2 seniors last year both batted under .200 and Ryan was DH'ed for most of the year. W/ 9 seniors on this years squad and 3 talented Jr's., i think this team has a great chance to repeat as District Champs and go on to state!

But i do know that Nashville Christian will be tough this year. They will be Jo Byrns toughest challenge. East Robertson is JBS biggest rivalry, so u never know what will happen.

GOOD LUCK to all teams this year!!!!

I like ur guys take on the district and i mostly agree w/ everything. I think most every team in this region will improve this year. Especially NCS! But believe it or not I think Jo Byrns will be better this year than last year. They are returning 8 of 9 starters on the field, and the only real loss is Pitcher Ryan Vincent, but Parker Holman and Brandon Sneed will replace him nicely. As far as fire power w/ the bats: Jo Byrns lost none, The 2 seniors last year both batted under .200 and Ryan was DH'ed for most of the year. W/ 9 seniors on this years squad and 3 talented Jr's., i think this team has a great chance to repeat as District Champs and go on to state!

But i do know that Nashville Christian will be tough this year. They will be Jo Byrns toughest challenge. East Robertson is JBS biggest rivalry, so u never know what will happen.

GOOD LUCK to all teams this year!!!!

I agree with you bigtuck. Jo Byrns is loaded and man can they ever hit the baseball. The best hitting team i saw play last year by far. Question ...didn't they lose their starting catcher also ....i remember him being really good ...maybe he is a Senior this year or maybe I am thinking or someone else. Anyway, good luck with your season this year. Oh by the way, is the Carlise kid going to be ok ...understood he has a back injury. Just wondering if he is ok to play baseball. Thought you might know something about his status.

I agree with you bigtuck. Jo Byrns is loaded and man can they ever hit the baseball. The best hitting team i saw play last year by far. Question ...didn't they lose their starting catcher also ....i remember him being really good ...maybe he is a Senior this year or maybe I am thinking or someone else. Anyway, good luck with your season this year. Oh by the way, is the Carlise kid going to be ok ...understood he has a back injury. Just wondering if he is ok to play baseball. Thought you might know something about his status.

Justin Morris was the catcher last year and yes he graduated. But we have two great candidates in Colton Morris and Jacob Geezley for the spot this year. Colton has a better arm then justin did last year. He is a loss defensively, but offensively he was DHed for alot when Vincent didnt pitch, he hit under 200.

To answer ur question on Carlisle, he got cleared and is now currently dressin out in basketball, so as far as my understanding he is good to go for baseball season, which is mad news for opposing teams. Man can that boy kill a ball!!!

Justin Morris was the catcher last year and yes he graduated. But we have two great candidates in Colton Morris and Jacob Geezley for the spot this year. Colton has a better arm then justin did last year. He is a loss defensively, but offensively he was DHed for alot when Vincent didnt pitch, he hit under 200.

To answer ur question on Carlisle, he got cleared and is now currently dressin out in basketball, so as far as my understanding he is good to go for baseball season, which is mad news for opposing teams. Man can that boy kill a ball!!!

I do remember Ryan Vincent was a really good pitcher last year when we played ya'll, he is gonna be missed, but i know ya'll have other good pitchers bsides him also, but i've always remember the morris boy ever since jr. high, he was prbably one of the best catchers i've seen in a while, I mainly remember him hustleing every pitch and u hardly ever saw a ball get past him, I didn't know Colton Morris played baseball, do you think he will be just as good as Morris was?, but it's nice to see that Carlisle is back and healthy, even though i ain't the biggest fan of Eli Carlisle, i don't like to see a good ball player be injured. This year will ya'll pretty much have to same line-up and same starters in their old positions?

It dosent matter how they are ranked now, what matteers is the end of the season and how they stand then not to disagree with anyone cuz right now most of these look pretty accurate, but this is my last year to play in high-school and i want nothing more than for our team at heritage to play the best ball we can most of the games we have played over the past few years we have been looked at as a practice game or just some no name wanna be team and even though we didnt win many games we still had fun playin and thats what i want this year so good luck to all the teams and look foward to playin all the teams in our district we will see what happend

It dosent matter how they are ranked now, what matteers is the end of the season and how they stand then not to disagree with anyone cuz right now most of these look pretty accurate, but this is my last year to play in high-school and i want nothing more than for our team at heritage to play the best ball we can most of the games we have played over the past few years we have been looked at as a practice game or just some no name wanna be team and even though we didnt win many games we still had fun playin and thats what i want this year so good luck to all the teams and look foward to playin all the teams in our district we will see what happend

I really didnt think that Ryan Vincent was as good as yall are making him sound. Yes he could have been their best pitcher but any decent pitcher could have won with the line-up they have and the way they hit the ball in that small park.