District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. Back to the rankings. Im not sure that Houston County can come in 3rd this year because they lost their SS 1st baseman and C who i think were two of the best hitters in the league last year having pitched against them twice. But I do think that McEwen will do better than 7th because they do have that one pitcher that should be one of the better pitchers in the league this year..... he beat us 2-1 at McEwen last year.That could have been the only game he pitched good last year but if he throws like that they should be tuff for some teams.But he might have been a senior but I dont think so. One pitcher can take his team far in the season but you need more than one once the tournement gets here.Who should have the best pitching this year anyways?

dustin swendel and matt twead are the two guys who cam from east to play at heritage i think they will be good for the team the are strong baseball players

From my best recollection, these 2 boys never played a game at East. Coach problems ..... maybe, dedication problems...... definitely! Can they help Heritage..... maybe? Being out of baseball for 2 years will definitely hurt you! Baseball is not something you can put down and pick it up when you want! Best of luck to those 2 boys. Hopefully they can help Heritage! They definitely didn't help East!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you know the district pretty well. Just a couple of notes ...Nashville Christian only lost one Senior last year ...he was a DH and not that much of an impact player but will be missed. Most of NCS is made up of Sophomores but they have a good team. Not sure how East players ended up on WHH team unless they both moved into the area. Seems interesting that two baseball players from one school would actually move into another school zone of a team in the same district within the same year. But it could happen i guess, just seems funny to me. Mc Ewen was down last year and wil lbe even more down this year i predict Puckett graduated two years ago and never was much of a baseball player just sort of went through the motions most of the time that i saw him play.

Montessori is new and is coached by the girls basketball coach who happens to be the father of the Kennedy kid that is such a good shooter for them. Not sure how they will end up this year. Thanks again for your input and look forward to other folks adding any info they might have regarding District 10A baseball season and personel.

Montessori informed East Literature that they would not be having a team this year. Did anyone else get this info?

We heard the same thing today at practice.

Haven't heard that yet but wouldn't surprise me. Very small school there, it was my understanding though the girls basketball coach was to be the baseball coach. Seems a little late in the day to be pulling out doesn't it. He was very vocal at the beginning of the school year and up until recently was leading people to believe their program was in place and ready to start the season. Interesting turn of events, makes you wonder if he is going to even be there next year. By the way, his son is the Kennedy kid who is so good on the basketball team. Makes me think they are planning another transfer like they made from Ezell Harding last year. Will be interesting ot see how this works out ....would have been a difficult season for them anyway i have a feeling.

Jo Byrns will be tough only loosing 2 players. They have all of their hitting studs back. Ncs will be tough, not really loosing anyone, they have a strong infield! East is young with only 1 Senior, If their juniors and sophomores step up, ( which I think they will!) East could be a team tough to deal with. East new coach has definitely kept his greatest asset involved in Coach Coffee. Houston Co. will be tough ..... They always are, they have an excellent coach in Coach McCullough! McEwen lost a few key players, but they have several solid players left including their best hitter and pitcher. I think CA will surprise some people this year. They played tough last year late in the season! Heritage lost many key players that will be tough to replace, but they also played many players who got valuable experience! It might be a break out year for Heritage - Coach Logsdon is a great coach! Don't know much aobut East Lit. They have been a door mat for a couple of years, but you never know! Good luck to all of the great players and Coaches in District 10A. :thumb:

Edited by dave61502

From my best recollection, these 2 boys never played a game at East. Coach problems ..... maybe, dedication problems...... definitely! Can they help Heritage..... maybe? Being out of baseball for 2 years will definitely hurt you! Baseball is not something you can put down and pick it up when you want! Best of luck to those 2 boys. Hopefully they can help Heritage! They definitely didn't help East!

Actually I picked up baseball my junior year after being away for 3 years, and if you ask a few of these guys I was pretty decent in high school.