District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

Actually I picked up baseball my junior year after being away for 3 years, and if you ask a few of these guys I was pretty decent in high school.

There is a difference between pretty decent and being a quality high school player! There are millions of "decent" guys in high school who hit .200 or lower! Well, I guess Heritage had to start somewhere! I sure hope they have come a long way from that "decent" stage! Baseball requires discipline not a drop now pick up later attitude! :lol:

Edited by dave61502

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dave61502, i really do not see where you are getting that East is goin to be tough they lost there 2 best pitchers last year and they really didnt hit the ball well last year(or atleast agianst us) and Houston Co. lost there 3 best players which one of them (the catcher that hit lefty) i thought was one of the better hitters in the district last yea....but i do agree with you in that Mcewen will be better then people expect keeping #14 i think is his # who was a good pitcher last year.....but i think it is gonna come down to NCS and JBS for the distict ........BUt as of right now NCS is still playing basketball(most of the baseball team plays basketball) while everyone else is getting better at baseball so they/we could b a little rusty when the first few game come around

There is a difference between pretty decent and being a quality high school player! There are millions of "decent" guys in high school who hit .200 or lower! Well, I guess Heritage had to start somewhere! I sure hope they have come a long way from that "decent" stage! Baseball requires discipline not a drop now pick up later attitude! :thumb:

Well decent consisted of leading the team in home runs, slugging percentage, and top 3 in Batting Average. Thats what I meant, I wasn't a horrible player or anything. And it wasn't a drop now pickup later attitude I moved to a school in Nebraska that didn't have a baseball team. So when I came back I dedicated myself to becoming a "decent" baseball player. I never hit below .200 in my whole career. That isn't decent by any means, thats pretty horrible in high school ball.

Edited by HeritagePunter

dave61502, i really do not see where you are getting that East is goin to be tough they lost there 2 best pitchers last year and they really didnt hit the ball well last year(or atleast agianst us) and Houston Co. lost there 3 best players which one of them (the catcher that hit lefty) i thought was one of the better hitters in the district last yea....but i do agree with you in that Mcewen will be better then people expect keeping #14 i think is his # who was a good pitcher last year.....but i think it is gonna come down to NCS and JBS for the distict ........BUt as of right now NCS is still playing basketball(most of the baseball team plays basketball) while everyone else is getting better at baseball so they/we could b a little rusty when the first few game come around

You are right in saying that East didn't do anything against ya'll last year, but they are more of a team this year then they were the last 2 years. The Juniors and Sophomores love playing baseball and playing together. I'm not saying they will win the district! I'm just saying they will play tough! Good luck to NCS!

Well decent consisted of leading the team in home runs, slugging percentage, and top 3 in Batting Average. Thats what I meant, I wasn't a horrible player or anything. And it wasn't a drop now pickup later attitude I moved to a school in Nebraska that didn't have a baseball team. So when I came back I dedicated myself to becoming a "decent" baseball player. I never hit below .200 in my whole career. That isn't decent by any means, thats pretty horrible in high school ball.

Well I don't really count the Homerun aspect when you play on little league fields and the only player I remember doing anything was B-willy! And if your not B-willy then you definitely didn't draw attention from anyone! 3rd in batting average isn't saying to much for a team that has gone 4-39 over the last 2 seasons! All I was saying before about the other 2 guys is that it takes dedication and hard work in baseball! And those 2 boys, from what I understand, didn't show either of those characteristics. They wanted to play one day, but not the next! They thought they could be "stars", but when they figured out they would have to work hard to earn playing time they bailed! and contrary to popular belief this is not about Heritage it was about the comment that was mde about East loosing 2 of their better ball players.....which they were not! Coach Logsdon and Heritage - Good luck this year. I hope it can be a break out year for ya'll! :lol:

Just an opinion here. Way too early to be predicting anything at NCS baseball. Hence your statement regarding 8-9 baseball players still playing basketball, some of those players have been working out but most have not. Out of those 9 players 7 of them started last season. So go figure ....no need to get too cocky here. NCS had a good season last year but so did other teams in the district along with Jo Byrns winning it all. Just a suggestion ....be humble and work hard and leave the predictions to others. While its fun to review and speculate how the teams are going to stack up you can never really predict how a certain team (East Robertson) is going to do based on last year. From what i hear they have a very good pitcher in Clinard and other who have improved from last year. Take a lesson from White House Heritage basketball season and fans on here ...ask them how it worked out for them when they were talking all season about winning the district and how much better they were than others. NCS has a pretty good group of kids this year and several have been working very hard while the basketball team plays in the district and regionals ..hopefully that hard work will sustain us while the basketball guys get in baseball shape. This district will continue to improve with each team ....no one is safe here anymore. Everyone must improve from game to game....season to season ...or they will be left behind.

Just an opinion here. Way too early to be predicting anything at NCS baseball. Hence your statement regarding 8-9 baseball players still playing basketball, some of those players have been working out but most have not. Out of those 9 players 7 of them started last season. So go figure ....no need to get too cocky here. NCS had a good season last year but so did other teams in the district along with Jo Byrns winning it all. Just a suggestion ....be humble and work hard and leave the predictions to others. While its fun to review and speculate how the teams are going to stack up you can never really predict how a certain team (East Robertson) is going to do based on last year. From what i hear they have a very good pitcher in Clinard and other who have improved from last year. Take a lesson from White House Heritage basketball season and fans on here ...ask them how it worked out for them when they were talking all season about winning the district and how much better they were than others. NCS has a pretty good group of kids this year and several have been working very hard while the basketball team plays in the district and regionals ..hopefully that hard work will sustain us while the basketball guys get in baseball shape. This district will continue to improve with each team ....no one is safe here anymore. Everyone must improve from game to game....season to season ...or they will be left behind.

Very well said! Goog luck to All 10-A Baseball teams!

Well I don't really count the Homerun aspect when you play on little league fields and the only player I remember doing anything was B-willy! And if your not B-willy then you definitely didn't draw attention from anyone! 3rd in batting average isn't saying to much for a team that has gone 4-39 over the last 2 seasons! All I was saying before about the other 2 guys is that it takes dedication and hard work in baseball! And those 2 boys, from what I understand, didn't show either of those characteristics. They wanted to play one day, but not the next! They thought they could be "stars", but when they figured out they would have to work hard to earn playing time they bailed! and contrary to popular belief this is not about Heritage it was about the comment that was mde about East loosing 2 of their better ball players.....which they were not! Coach Logsdon and Heritage - Good luck this year. I hope it can be a break out year for ya'll! B)

You sound like you know a lot about Heritage, but the only person you've heard of is B Will?

Edited by HeritagePunter

You sound like you know a lot about Heritage, but the only person you've heard of is B Will?

He is the only one that impressed me wth his play and the Hill kid did also, but he didn't play last year! And by the way I know about most of you, but I haven't been impressed the last couple of years! That doesn't mean I won't be impressed this year! I really hope, for the program, that Heritage impresses some people this year! Ya'll had a couple of young kids last year that have potential from what I saw! Maybe they can step up this year!

He is the only one that impressed me wth his play and the Hill kid did also, but he didn't play last year! And by the way I know about most of you, but I haven't been impressed the last couple of years! That doesn't mean I won't be impressed this year! I really hope, for the program, that Heritage impresses some people this year! Ya'll had a couple of young kids last year that have potential from what I saw! Maybe they can step up this year!

Well I hope they do good this year as well. I wish I could still be playing with them, and I think they might get some breaks to go their way this time. Thanks for supporting them, though.

Well I hope they do good this year as well. I wish I could still be playing with them, and I think they might get some breaks to go their way this time. Thanks for supporting them, though.

I support all 10A teams especially East, except for Montessori, oh thats right their not having a team which is really sad!

Edited by dave61502