Knox Halls -How do they look this year?

LEONARDSLOSERS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have two juniors Gary Cooper & Tyler Clifton. At least one sophomore in the mix in Tyler Turner. I name these three and there very well may be more, but these show the potential to lead the squad this year from the get go. Cooper & Turner may have the edge in height and stronger arms. Tyler's advantage may lie in his running the offense and his foot skills.

In my opinion none of these QB's could take the punishment Trey Lucas did last year in throwing while rolling out. Lucas had a great year but he paid the price in many games even after throwing the successful TD pass. It might mean either limited passing or Deeper drop backs for more protection from the offensive line.

Who returns offensively for you guys? Are any of the o-linemen back? You had good size last year in the line.

Who returns offensively for you guys? Are any of the o-linemen back? You had good size last year in the line.

Offensive line may be our strength and no doubt has the most experience. Four return here and they are:

1. Derek Waldrop Senior 6'2" 290

2. Dylan Moreland Senior 6'0" 220

3. Jacob Leonard Senior 6'2" 230

4. Aaron Blair Junior 5'10" 230

Running backs returning with experience we have two.(Based on last years stats only)

1. John Pevy Senior 15att 106yds 7.1avg (Season cut short due to injury)

2. Gary Hughes Senior 27att 126yds 4.7avg

Receivers returning with experience just one.(Based on last years stats only)

1. Daniel Dayton Junior 12rec 311yds 25.9avg

Question marks remain at QB as I have said before, other than Lucas last year nobody else completed a pass. But in fairness I don't think the backups even threw the ball they only ran the option.

Edited by ZCAR

Offensive line may be our strength and no doubt has the most experience. Four return here and they are:

1. Derek Waldrop Senior 6'2" 290

2. Dylan Moreland Senior 6'0" 220

3. Justin Leonard Senior 6'2" 230

4. Aaron Blair Junior 5'10" 230

Running backs returning with experience we have two.(Based on last years stats only)

1. John Pevy Senior 15att 106yds 7.1avg (Season cut short due to injury)

2. Gary Hughes Senior 27att 126yds 4.7avg

Receivers returning with experience just one.(Based on last years stats only)

1. Daniel Dayton Junior 12rec 311yds 25.9avg

Question marks remain at QB as I have said before, other than Lucas last year nobody else completed a pass. But in fairness I don't think the backups even threw the ball they only run the option.

I would have to agree. Returning four starters on the O-line with that size would have to be considered a strength.

possibly one staff addition and I think zcar was talking about tyler turner the freshman. not tyler clifton the junior.

Thats right Sneaky Pete. Tyler Clifton was backup to Cooper in the Jv's and in fairness to him didn't get that much of a look. Tyler Turner looks the player to me but Cooper keeps getting more confident and has a strong arm. If we base it on last years passing when Trey Lucas did pass he primarily threw the deep ball to Boruff or Dayton. So Cooper's arm may give him the edge in that category. We will have to wait and see. I think they will both see time.

But Halls in my opinion will live off Pevy & Hughes running the ball and throw the deep ball every now and then. :thumb:

Edited by ZCAR

I was told that Halls never filled the spot left by Coach Polston last year.

I believe they filled that spot with Cale Lawson, but Cale left teaching and coaching after the freshman season was over in October to take a position in pharmaceutical sales.