Region 5-AAA Tournament

Midstate

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Beech/Dickson County game and I must say it was a great one. I have know Coach Tuck at Dickson County for over 10 years and he is one of the top coaches in the state in my opinion. He won a state championship in girls in 1996 at Martin Westview. In 8 years now coaching boys he has made them a year in and year out contender.

But in the game Beech lead most of the way, but Dickson Co came back in the fourth hitting a couple of key threes. Matter of fact DC had the game almost sealed with less than 30 seconds and a 6 point lead, but a foul on a 3 by Beech cut it to two, followed by a DC technical on Primm who just fouled out cut it to one. Beech had one last chance with less than 10 seconds, and Wheeler (I believe) missed 2 free throws with 2.5 seconds to give DC the win.

Tuck had a great game plan, be patient, not allow Beech dictate the pace with that 1-3-1 zone that they like to force turnovers and quick shots out of. I talked to Tuck after the game, and it would be scary how good DC would be if they listened and executed a little better. Teams better watch out for DC, cause they have talent, and then a great coach that knows how to make a game plan to win.

Monday - February 27th, 2006

4:00 Girls: #4 Henry County 53 vs. #1 Wilson Central 86

5:30 Boys : #4 Dickson County 33 vs. #1 Beech 32

7:00 Girls : #1 Dickson County 54 vs. #4 Beech 46

8:30 Boys : #1 Springfield 49 vs. #4 Mt. Juliet 57

Tuesday - February 28th, 2006

4:00 Girls: #3 Clarksville vs. #2 Smyrna

5:30 Boys : #3 Clarksville vs. #2 Hendersonville

7:00 Girls : #2 Northeast vs. #3 Mt. Juliet

8:30 Boys : #2 Henry County vs. #3 LaVergne

Just noticed the final:

Dickson Co. 33

Beech 32

Gosh, sounds like a barnburner (and not to mention a defensive struggle). Anybody see this game? How did it play out??

This was a really good game from start to finish. Despite the final score, both coaches came in with great plans and the kids execute to the end. For one I feel sorry for Ben Wheeler(#33) because he missed both free throws that would have at least given them OT. I've seen him play since he was a freshman and I've always enjoyed watching him. Hes been good enough to start for most teams but bought into coming off the bench and playing his role perfectly. The SRs at Beech didnt get that State Tournament berth I know they were hoping for.

The technical foul was uncalled for and Kurt Primm(#32) should feel lucky he didnt cause his team the ball game. But give DC all the credit because they made big plays all night. Never hung thier heads when they got down by as many as 6. Maybe this is a sign that 10-AAA is moving forward in the region because I can remember when 9-AAA couldnt hold a torch to this district.

Let me start out by saying that my opinion is biased for Springfield, but that is THE WORST officiated game I have ever seen. The refs were definately calling the game for one team. reach in fouls on Springfield but not on Mt Juliet( I understand calling reaching but call it both ways) every lose ball call went to Mt. Juliet even the obvious ones. Good luck to Mt. Juliet.