Region Tournament Officiating

No, what's funny is in games past, people were talking about Grace and Temple games(this year) and how if temple lost we would get on here and whine about the refs. So why do people get on to our case when they are doing the same exact thing? I know it wasn't brought up by Grace. It was brought up awhile ago by CSAS fans I believe.Could be wrong, but I do remember it being brought up.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw 15 games this week, and in all but one I clearly saw the favored team getting the majority of the calls. The only one that wasn't like that was East Ridge against Polk in boys, nothing really stood out either way in that one. I also saw too much of the top players getting calls other players didn't, no-calls other plays got fouls on, this happened in both boys and girls especially later in the week, it seems the refs knew who could lead their teams and just let them go, but it was too much. In all but one game I didn't really care who won or lost, just wanted to see good basketball, so I'm not complaining about a particular loss or anything like that.

I saw 15 games this week, and in all but one I clearly saw the favored team getting the majority of the calls. The only one that wasn't like that was East Ridge against Polk in boys, nothing really stood out either way in that one. I also saw too much of the top players getting calls other players didn't, no-calls other plays got fouls on, this happened in both boys and girls especially later in the week, it seems the refs knew who could lead their teams and just let them go, but it was too much. In all but one game I didn't really care who won or lost, just wanted to see good basketball, so I'm not complaining about a particular loss or anything like that.

I was so happy Central won tonight, but that officiating tonight quite possibly rivaled the officiating in Central's only loss this year at the Super 16 in Bearden and for anybody that was there, I don't have to explain to you how horrible it was...anywayz, some no-calls were called on both sides of the ball, but there were clearly more called against Brainerd...in my personal oppion, most of the fouls in the second half called on Central...the only reason they were called was to make up for the excessive amount of fouls being called on Brainerd...