Cumberland - Shelbyville / Riverdale - Cleveland?

dwl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion, pressing falls in to Shelbyvilles hands,

i agree with that the shelbyville players have practice with and against the press sense the 6th grade they should have no trouble breaking any press cumberland co will have to silence the crowd if they what to win

lanning and hudgins will have to at least 20 a piece if they what to win

i agree with that the shelbyville players have practice with and against the press sense the 6th grade they should have no trouble breaking any press cumberland co will have to silence the crowd if they what to win

lanning and hudgins will have to at least 20 a piece if they what to win

I agree but i also think that alex bivens must score 15 points if she hits her shots it seems like everything else with the team flows. You know lanning is going to get her points but if alex can get 15 that opens up hudgins a lot to get her 15-20 points

WOW! number 1 ranked Cumberland County goes down and misses the big dance again! Looks like Shelbyville owns the Lady Jets as usual. A couple yrs ago we changed coaches because 3 substates in five yrs wasnt good enough. We wanted more so we got someone all the "experts" said would take us to the next level. Unfortunately he couldnt do any better and now he's leaving to go to Stone and we will be left looking for another miracle worker to take us beyong that point. I wonder which is worse, being number 1 and choking in the substate and not making it to the state tournament or being an underdog and upsetting teams ranked ahead of you and making it to the substate before the magic ends? I think theres more fun and excitement in being an underdog pulling upsets than choking. The underdog isnt expected to win so each time they do there is magic. When number one stumbles it breaks fans hearts.

WOW! number 1 ranked Cumberland County goes down and misses the big dance again! Looks like Shelbyville owns the Lady Jets as usual. A couple yrs ago we changed coaches because 3 substates in five yrs wasnt good enough. We wanted more so we got someone all the "experts" said would take us to the next level. Unfortunately he couldnt do any better and now he's leaving to go to Stone and we will be left looking for another miracle worker to take us beyong that point. I wonder which is worse, being number 1 and choking in the substate and not making it to the state tournament or being an underdog and upsetting teams ranked ahead of you and making it to the substate before the magic ends? I think theres more fun and excitement in being an underdog pulling upsets than choking. The underdog isnt expected to win so each time they do there is magic. When number one stumbles it breaks fans hearts.

OH YEAH! really good idea sportznut it's always better when you're expected to lose!!! What's up with that??? If any intelligent individual were asked to choose between the 2, i think they would chose to have 30 wins and then lose in the sweet 16 rather than suffer through yet another losing season and lucking our way into the sub-states. You can't knock whatt coach Smith has done with the program at CCHS. He took a team with an on average losing record and brought them to being recognized as the #1 team in the state!!! What the heck ru thinkin with a statement like this one??? Nobody wants tobe the underdog!! :thumb:

Nut....going to Shelbyville in a big game is tough for any team.

Congratulations to the Lady Jets!!! You have given us a great and entertaining year. As to NUTS post, sounds like a late carryover of resentment from prior years. Get over it! You can't even compare the teams of several years ago with this year's season. We as fans are proud of the winning season you have had. Even though we didn't make it to the state, you have definitely taken Lady Jet basketball to a higher level of play.

Edited by rosebud