Cumberland - Shelbyville / Riverdale - Cleveland?

dwl

Congratulations to the Lady Jets!!! You have given us a great and entertaining year. As to NUTS post, sounds like a late carryover of resentment from prior years. Get over it! You can't even compare the teams of several years ago with this year's season. We as fans are proud of the winning season you have had. Even though we didn't make it to the state, you have definitely taken Lady Jet basketball to a higher level of play.

I dont have a preference in coaches, you misunderstood my post entirely. What I am saying is that we seem to be stuck on this substate thing. We made it to the sweet sixteen 3 times in 5 yrs with the other coach and lost there each time with teams that werent expected to have gone that far. And now we made it back with a team ranked number 1 in the state and lose in the substate again. It seems like no matter what the status of our team is, the same thing seems to happen. Everybody knows you cant compare this team to our old teams, this is not pro sports where players can stay on a team for 5 or 10 yrs. Kids graduate and new kids come in and the personnel changes every yr. So you cant compare coaches because of that. I was simply saying that being number 1 and not even making the state is embarassing. America loves the underdog ( just look at the NCAA March Madness broadcasts each yr). Teams that get it together at tournament time and exceed expectations always leave a good taste in the fans mouths, while teams that are supposed to be the best and then dont even qualify for the tournament leave fans with a feeling of what should have been. My hats off to Coach and the team for a great ride. I am just and disappointed that we couldnt finally push through to that next level. The state tournament is one of the most exciting basketball experiences a player, coach, or fan can experience! So dont misinterpret my post, I am not blaming him or the players for not making it. I am just lamenting the fact that I (and most other Jet fans) thought this was finally the year we would get to experience that for ourselves. And as I said in my previous post, with Coach going to Stone and the schools splitting where does that leave long time Jet fans now? It could be al long, long time before we get another opportunity like this one again. By the way, do we know who the next coach will be?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a preference in coaches, you misunderstood my post entirely. What I am saying is that we seem to be stuck on this substate thing. We made it to the sweet sixteen 3 times in 5 yrs with the other coach and lost there each time with teams that werent expected to have gone that far. And now we made it back with a team ranked number 1 in the state and lose in the substate again. It seems like no matter what the status of our team is, the same thing seems to happen. Everybody knows you cant compare this team to our old teams, this is not pro sports where players can stay on a team for 5 or 10 yrs. Kids graduate and new kids come in and the personnel changes every yr. So you cant compare coaches because of that. I was simply saying that being number 1 and not even making the state is embarassing. America loves the underdog ( just look at the NCAA March Madness broadcasts each yr). Teams that get it together at tournament time and exceed expectations always leave a good taste in the fans mouths, while teams that are supposed to be the best and then dont even qualify for the tournament leave fans with a feeling of what should have been. My hats off to Coach and the team for a great ride. I am just and disappointed that we couldnt finally push through to that next level. The state tournament is one of the most exciting basketball experiences a player, coach, or fan can experience! So dont misinterpret my post, I am not blaming him or the players for not making it. I am just lamenting the fact that I (and most other Jet fans) thought this was finally the year we would get to experience that for ourselves. And as I said in my previous post, with Coach going to Stone and the schools splitting where does that leave long time Jet fans now? It could be al long, long time before we get another opportunity like this one again. By the way, do we know who the next coach will be?

Sorry if I misinterpreted your earlier post.

I do not think a coach has been picked for CCHS yet. It will be interesting to see what the school board does about hard zoning. It is my understanding that a lot of the girls want to follow Coach Smith to Stone and keep the team together.

Edited by rosebud

I think everyone is under estimating Cleveland

Cleveland has played tough teams

I see Cleveland in the finals.....

Thanks for the support. We just want to make it out of the first round, we wasn't even expected to make it this far, we knew we was good, but we also knew we was going to have some growing pains. Thank God we still had Angie Wells, who may be the best ballhandler in the state, she makes everyone better, boy are we going to miss her.

I think everyone is under estimating Cleveland

I like that Cleveland is being underestimated. Wilson Central, who most people think will be state champs, will have a target on their back. Wilson Central plays in the toughest AAA district in the state, Cleveland plays in the second toughest AAA district in the state, if they are to meet, I think it would be a great game. Keep underestimating us and we will keep trying to prove you wrong. We have a shot at bringing it home, win are lose, its was still a sucess.

Edited by BC#2

For SCHS can you say POST UP! Additionally an in your face defense offers probelms for those who have not experienced it. That's what CCHS will get a steady diet of....... if CCHS is off shooting wise it might be a long night.

:lol: Huh? :lol: I actually got one right! :thumb: Ahhh man, that's the only pick I'll hit this year. :thumb: I'll be quiting while I'm ahead, thank you.