ROCKWOOD 2006 2007

UT/Duke fan

Rockwoods success or failure next yr may hinge on three transfer rumors that I personally have heard during the region tournaments last week in Onieda (of all places). And of course rumors are rumors and most are false but thats what the off season is for! I have heard that last yrs fine quarterback is moving out of county and may transfer to another school. I have heard that a certain runningback in a neighboring town is moving to rockwood during the summer and will play ball for the tigers next yr. I have also heard that a neighboring wide reciever is moving to rockwood this summer and plans to play for rockwood next season. If the first rumor is false and the other two are true rockwood could suddenly transform from a talented team to a championship caliber team by adding some speed to a team that already has alot of potential. But rumors seldom come true. Guess we will find out this summer.

• 2 months later...
Rockwood football may be a little down to some ppl but considering two yrs ago they went like 11-2 and the only two loses came from the state champs... there is really not much room to go up... lol. Coach webb and his staff will have the tigers ready to play ball. He has got to find some players that wana play and get them going in the right direction. Dont be surprised for another 5-5 record this next season. Everyone goes through a rebuilding process sometime. This is rockwoods.. This next season though may be its last rebuilding season for a while. Hopefully it will anyway. The Senior leadership will be hard to find. It has been lacking since the crew of Corey, Ellery, Johnny, and that crew left. That was prob. one of webb's best crews when it came to working hard and never giving up. The tigers will be back though. Just give ole webb time.

The rumor that J. King will be playing at Rockwood has been going around the last couple of years. Yes, he would be a great addition to Rockwoods football, and baseball program. With the relationship that he has with some of the other players at Kingston, I would be very, very, surprised if that were to happen. Don't think he would leave his "buddies" his senior season. Could be wrong though!

The rumor that J. King will be playing at Rockwood has been going around the last couple of years. Yes, he would be a great addition to Rockwoods football, and baseball program. With the relationship that he has with some of the other players at Kingston, I would be very, very, surprised if that were to happen. Don't think he would leave his "buddies" his senior season. Could be wrong though!

If you are referring to my post, J King was not the player. And I have since been told that neither of the rumored transfers are going to happen. By the way, they were NOT Kingston players.

• 2 weeks later...

Rockwoods success or failure next yr may hinge on three transfer rumors that I personally have heard during the region tournaments last week in Onieda (of all places). And of course rumors are rumors and most are false but thats what the off season is for! I have heard that last yrs fine quarterback is moving out of county and may transfer to another school. I have heard that a certain runningback in a neighboring town is moving to rockwood during the summer and will play ball for the tigers next yr. I have also heard that a neighboring wide reciever is moving to rockwood this summer and plans to play for rockwood next season. If the first rumor is false and the other two are true rockwood could suddenly transform from a talented team to a championship caliber team by adding some speed to a team that already has alot of potential. But rumors seldom come true. Guess we will find out this summer.

Rockwoods QB from last year will be returning.. Good luck this season Rockwood