Rutledge Ball Next Year

Rutledgerocks

Every team has issues to resolve, and some do it better than others. That is a lame excuse. Rutledge overcame the loss of a starting point guard and many injuries that decreased their rotation from 10 players at the beginning of the year to only 7 at the end of the year. This resulted in some tough times and tough losses in the middle of the season, but they adjusted, overcame, and made a strong run at the end of the year. Instead of jumping on other teams programs you might want to get your own house in order. Carter has had little if any success in recent years and they certainly have a better talent base to draw from than Rutledge. I think that most of the games played recently between the two schools have gone in Rutledge's favor. We have no choice as to what District that we compete in and we must play those teams. We beat Seymour twice this year, Did you? How many quality wins did you have? And since when did you become the judge of what a quality win is? South Greene was ranked #8 in the state at the time we beat them 77-45.

Comparing apples to apples, Rutledge and Carter played 4 common opponents. They were Seymour, Gibbs, Cocke Co., and Anderson Co., Rutledge was 7-0 against those teams while Carter was 5-4. Regular season wins are nice, but Rutledge also had three wins in the postseason. Carter had none. Anymore excuses.

Edited by boxn1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hornets have a lot of issues that need to be resolved.

Carter plays the likes of Alcoa, Austin-East, Fulton, Halls, Knox West, Morristown West. Do we need to compare District 3 to District 2?

Real competition.

Grainger County High has 1 quality win...Unicoi County.

My initial response should be another 16 to 19 win season instead of 16-19. Combs will continue to win the games and play the patsys. I guess it's more important to win regular season games.

:ph34r: I've listened to all the comments, complaints, etc. from the fans of the teams Rutledge BEAT this year, and have come to a conclusion. There are a lot of crybabys in this district and region, and you appear to be one of them. Why don't you all just grow up and get over it. We BEAT you! You can cry about the calls, the officials, the weather, the price of eggs in China, and the cost of building a house in California. One thing remains constant, Rutledge BEAT you. Get over it. Why not practice and learn to play better, then next year you may be able to beat the Pioneers next year, if you try real hard! Consider yourself "Agitated"!

:thumb: I've listened to all the comments, complaints, etc. from the fans of the teams Rutledge BEAT this year, and have come to a conclusion. There are a lot of crybabys in this district and region, and you appear to be one of them. Why don't you all just grow up and get over it. We BEAT you! You can cry about the calls, the officials, the weather, the price of eggs in China, and the cost of building a house in California. One thing remains constant, Rutledge BEAT you. Get over it. Why not practice and learn to play better, then next year you may be able to beat the Pioneers next year, if you try real hard! Consider yourself "Agitated"!

I agree with you agitator. I am sick and tired of all the crybaby things coming from all the teams that Rutledge beat this year. Just face the music that sings "YOU GOT BEAT!!" That's is all there is to it. Carter isn't in our district so what do they have to do with this? Rutledge had 3 wins in the post-season vs. Carter's 0. Face it. After all the trouble that Rutledge has been through, they still bounced back and WON. That's it. Basketball season is almost over for everyone, so drop it.

I agree with you agitator. I am sick and tired of all the crybaby things coming from all the teams that Rutledge beat this year. Just face the music that sings "YOU GOT BEAT!!" That's is all there is to it. Carter isn't in our district so what do they have to do with this? Rutledge had 3 wins in the post-season vs. Carter's 0. Face it. After all the trouble that Rutledge has been through, they still bounced back and WON. That's it. Basketball season is almost over for everyone, so drop it.

Ok...I agree with BigFan4525. The only reason that Carter is even in this conversation is b/c they want someone else to look bad b/c they are ashamed of the losses that they had this season. I think that Rutledge had a wonderful season considering what they lost last year. If Carter wants to really see who is best, I suggest that you all rest up (b/c ur gonna need it) :lol: and come play Rutledge's team next year. Until then, I suggest that hornet should stay with Carter and mind his own business. :thumb:

The Hornets have a lot of issues that need to be resolved.

Carter plays the likes of Alcoa, Austin-East, Fulton, Halls, Knox West, Morristown West. Do we need to compare District 3 to District 2?

Real competition.

Grainger County High has 1 quality win...Unicoi County.

My initial response should be another 16 to 19 win season instead of 16-19. Combs will continue to win the games and play the patsys. I guess it's more important to win regular season games.

Oh my dear hornet...you are such a bad boy...

According to the Schedule Rank as far as SOS...Rutledge came in at 35 and Carter at 60...figured that a knowledgeable fella like you would check that BEFORE posting such a thread.

ALSO, I think you would recognize that Rutledge has played in and won more games in the post season in the last 5 years that those mighty Hornets...but oh well...

No one is belittling the fact that District 3 is probably tougher AT THE TOP than District 2 with Fulton, A-E and Alcoa, but those are the cards you're dealt.

Now go on and play nice with all the others...maybe Coach Combs will schedule some more patsies next year...is Carter available for a home-and-home? :lol:

Edited by KevB1990

What kind of player can the 6'7 kid be next year? Heard they had a big kid there, but I have not seen him play.

That'd be the Garrett kid...he's been trying to put on weight and muscle for the last three years, but it is really slow in coming. He's a good defensive player just like his dad and uncles were back in the day and has some nice offensive flashes, but really needs to keep getting stronger.

Having went to school with the older Garretts, I can tell you he's nowhere near as mean as they were and that wouldn't be a bad trait to have finally come to him over the summer. :lol:

Tnbreakers,

Tyler Garrett is the 6'7" player for Rutledge. He has made some big strides over the past couple of seasons, but still can improve much more. He has a very nice touch up to 15'. He runs the floor really well for his size. He rebounds fairly well when he is motivated. He needs to improve his hands, strength, and aggressiveness. It would be good if he could get hooked up with a good AAU team for the summer. If you know of one I bet he would like to know and you could probably contact his coach at Rutledge.

The patsies of Carter High are available for a Home and Home, however RHS don't want to play.

Swap the schedules have a swap of the records...FLAT OUT.

You know, it is funny to hear a Carter person whine about district strength. Didn't you guys spend all of football season trying to defend your 9-1 record against the Region 2 people who were saying you played in the weak Region 1. Seems odd that you do the same thing now that the tables are turned.

Hornet,

Why don't you start a thread about East Knox High School Basketball and see how many people really want to talk about it. This thread was about Rutledge and how they will fare next year. Your opinion about what their record would be is fine, but then you had to start throwing around insults which were not neccessary. I can argue with you all day and neither of us will give an inch. I'm not involved with Rutledge's team but I am close to the program. I know that we probably would have played last year, but you guys had no coach when scheduling was going on. Rutledge does not fear Carter, we have played recently and the records favor us.

Our district was very strong this year we are not ashamed of it. Pigeon Forge, Cumberland Gap, and Claiborne all had very good teams and at the end of the season we were playing as well as any of them.

I'm sure Coach Flatford is glad to know that you are now doing his scheduling. Why would he want to play a weak team like us, when according to your logic it requires playing a strong schedule in order to advance in the postseason. Your schedule seems tailor made for advancement. How has that been working for you?

Again I compared apples to apples on common opponents and we clearly fared better, so I doubt that your schedule swap idea was accurate. Now go start your East Knox High thread and talk to yourself about it.