Knox Catholic Going to State

KCHSCoach

First, good luck to Catholic at the state tourney. I root for all local teams.

However, I will say it like I have said it before. Catholic is not the best team on the floor every night. They have have 1 stud who can shoot the fool out of it "IrishBBall's Son", 1 bruiser and 4 - 5 role players that play they role very well. They also have a very good coach that executes a game plan and takes the air out of the ball. They have a chance in any game they play b/c of their execution.

Again, good luck Catholic and I dont care if it takes a string of games in the 30s as long as the W lights up in Catholics side.

Thanks for the support, we'll need it. Matt Parton has done an incredible job leading the Irish to a 25-6 record. Since the district tourney play started, we've got 4 guys scoring in double figures which has taken alot of the pressure of Parton (who isn't IrishBBall's son by the way). The brusier and role players are stepping it up at the right time. One of the role players you're referrring to is Tremaine Brown which was the MVP of the District tourney.

Those string of 30 point games may be a reality. The coach said the first thing he's doing at the start of these games is to make sure all of the balls in the rack have plenty of air because we may dribble it out of all them. Boring but successful!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to congratulate Catholic and wish them good luck. That was a great game in the substate with PF and we will be rooting for you. I think we have similar kids and both teams play with effort and heart, that is exciting to watch regardless of the pace of play. Keep pounding it and proving people wrong.

I will be making the trip to the Boro to pull for the Irish. I followed them at the end of the season and through the tournaments and they are a fun team to watch if you like defense and execution, I wish them luck... GO IRISH! 3Ball!

They are exciting to watch, they get after you on defense and they show flashes of their offensive potential. Harrison Smith getting those monster dunks helps too.

Read an interesting article about the father/son thing in the paper the other day...I've never seen Parton before, he looks kinda big...does he play post or does he run the point??? Just curious...

By the way, good luck to the Irish, I hope yall win tonight, and then pull the upset on Friday!!!

He's huge....or at least plays that way. His motto is "It's not how big you are, it's how tight you're wound!" He's a point guard that goes about 5' 10" 150 lbs.

Tough loss! Can't win games in the 40's if you go 4-13 from the free throw line.