Where's Beau Brown going to college

CardinalRed

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central[/url'> Maniac' post='825979637' date='Mar 8 2006 - 10:13 AM']

Here's the assessment of one guy who watches AAU tourneys and the like. He also has connections to D1 coaches. I can't tell you his name, but here goes:

"I have asked some D1 coaches about Brown specifically and they weren't exactly dismissive of his abilities, but it was clear that the felt he wasn't an SEC-Level player (please do not pass that along and/or attribute it to me). Good kid, tough, hard-worker, but limited was the assessment I got. One coach told me he's good at a lot of things but not particularly good enough at anything to play at this level. Like I said, I haven't really seen him enough to have a strong opinion of him myself, but D1 coaches don't think he's good enough for a scholly."

I think a lot of southern D1 schools are going to be very sorry in a year or two. JMHO. Perhaps he'll got to JUCO, excel, and then get a D1 offer from a solid program.

I have sources that have spoken to and I also have spoken with a few D1 and D2 coaches, asst coaches, and student coaches. From what they have said to me it is that Beau does not have the major competition to show his skills like the guys from west Tn do. They love his skills, team play, and pure shooting ability along with being left handed! Beau is being smart by waiting to sign. Because their will be alot of scouts and coaches that will come to the State playoffs to watch him play. One of my scources spoke to a Vandy student coach who got ahold of the video of him playing against Portland and Corey Brewer and was amazed that the kid was out most of the 3rd and 4th quarter while he was being stitched up and still scored over 30 points in this game against a Mcdonalds All-American. Alot of teams are just waiting to see how he does against top competition. Spoke to a coach that drove to the Roundhouse to watch him against White House, and this man told me,"This kid is going to get some offers somewhere. He is a pure 3 point shot, but often times takes the longer 3 which isn't a turn on for many coaches. We are wanting to see him play some top competition and see how he fares." Beau may have to prove himself in JUCO, but he will be good wherever he goes. As the guy from above stated these are all statements from people other than me, and do not attribute any of this to me.

I have sources that have spoken to and I also have spoken with a few D1 and D2 coaches, asst coaches, and student coaches. From what they have said to me it is that Beau does not have the major competition to show his skills like the guys from west Tn do. They love his skills, team play, and pure shooting ability along with being left handed! Beau is being smart by waiting to sign. Because their will be alot of scouts and coaches that will come to the State playoffs to watch him play. One of my scources spoke to a Vandy student coach who got ahold of the video of him playing against Portland and Corey Brewer and was amazed that the kid was out most of the 3rd and 4th quarter while he was being stitched up and still scored over 30 points in this game against a Mcdonalds All-American. Alot of teams are just waiting to see how he does against top competition. Spoke to a coach that drove to the Roundhouse to watch him against White House, and this man told me,"This kid is going to get some offers somewhere. He is a pure 3 point shot, but often times takes the longer 3 which isn't a turn on for many coaches. We are wanting to see him play some top competition and see how he fares." Beau may have to prove himself in JUCO, but he will be good wherever he goes. As the guy from above stated these are all statements from people other than me, and do not attribute any of this to me.

the kid can flat out play. he is not an All american by any means but at the same time if was a college coach on any level I would want him. wherever he goes he is not going to hurt the team he will not be a wasted scholarship. I am wondering has he not being playing AAU over his four years of high school basketball that is where a lot of kids get attention college coaches. If level of competition is the big problem then look at Bradnan Wright he doesnt play in the toughest of districts. you may say he play top competition this year but hey he was signed with UNC at the beginning of the season I am pretty sure Roy saw him at some summer camp or some function when he was not playing with his High school team

the kid can flat out play. he is not an All american by any means but at the same time if was a college coach on any level I would want him. wherever he goes he is not going to hurt the team he will not be a wasted scholarship. I am wondering has he not being playing AAU over his four years of high school basketball that is where a lot of kids get attention college coaches. If level of competition is the big problem then look at Bradnan Wright he doesnt play in the toughest of districts. you may say he play top competition this year but hey he was signed with UNC at the beginning of the season I am pretty sure Roy saw him at some summer camp or some function when he was not playing with his High school team

Beau played this past summer with Brandan Wright and the Murfreesboro Stars. I think he struggled some with his jump shot, and that hurt him in the eyes of a lot of coaches. I saw some game notes from one of the scouts, and he was quite erratic in the two tournaments in which he watched Beau's team.

Beau is not as quick as Jujuan is. Beau also struggled a little on the AAU circuit this summer. I do beleive a lot of schools are missing out on him. He should look at playing at prep school next year. Tony White Jr is probably going that route. Josh Tabb that has signed with Tennessee played at a prep school for a year and it really helped his offers from the year before. I think Beau would benefit from a year of prep school more than a juco.

Beau is not as quick as Jujuan is. Beau also struggled a little on the AAU circuit this summer. I do beleive a lot of schools are missing out on him. He should look at playing at prep school next year. Tony White Jr is probably going that route. Josh Tabb that has signed with Tennessee played at a prep school for a year and it really helped his offers from the year before. I think Beau would benefit from a year of prep school more than a juco.

I think he finds prep school unattractive because he's such a good student. jmo.

McMinn Central[/url] Maniac' post='825980146' date='Mar 8 2006 - 04:19 PM']

I think he finds prep school unattractive because he's such a good student. jmo.

Tony White's grades aren't that bad at all. He is simply going to a prep school because he wants to get his weight/muscle mass up and simply work on his game. I think this also would be the right choice for Beau because if he keeps working on that J, he will be really good. I mean he can already jump out of the gym and is very quick, plus him being left handed adds alot of interest. I don't know though, it will be interesting to see what Beau Beezy does.

I witnessed his strong sectional showing against Portland's Corey Brewer when Brewer was a senior and Beau was a sophomore. Brewer rarely scored when Beau was on him.

I think Beau is definitely better than JaJuan was in HS. I just don't get it. Believe me. I've tried to get some coaches to get in on him, but to no avail.

Beau didn't guard Brewer. That would have been Daniel Nicolo, he face guarded him the entire time. And i don't think he is better than Juice was in high school. He plays on a better team, but i dont think he is better. I think JaJuan was a more complete player, and more athletic. JaJuan is a much better defender also. I think some people look at some of the shots JaJuan took and because of that kinda doubted him, but alot of times, him takin a fadeaway three was better than somebody shootin a wide open 15 footer. Don't get me wrong though, Beau is a great player and i think he should get a scholly to a solid mid major school. You should also take into consideration that JaJuan played with the Travelers and saw lots of playin time(think he started, but not 100% sure), and like somebody said, Beau played with the Stars and didn't see as much time as he probably wanted.

Edited by Burnt