Oliver Springs vs. Madison Magnet

catback

bballtn, you are welcome but you must have me confused with somebody else, I only had one daughter that played ball and she is in college now. We have been on opposite sides in the past though. I was pulling for OS though. Us East TN people have to stick together.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballtn, you are welcome but you must have me confused with somebody else, I only had one daughter that played ball and she is in college now. We have been on opposite sides in the past though. I was pulling for OS though. Us East TN people have to stick together.

And what a great player / person she is. Hope all is going well!

The truth about west , middle and east tn basketball is that it is nearly all the same. When these teams get together during the summer at Shelbyville team camp for example.... you could toss them all in a hat and mix them up and nobody would ever be able to tell a difference. Good players are good players and their zip code has nothing to do with it. For those of us that really love basketball we love the challenge of stepping up and competing. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield but the fun is in the experience.

I agree. The talent is pretty well balanced across the state. I just hate they everyone didn't get to see the real lady bobcats last night. But it's tournament time and stuff like that happens. Congrats to the OS on a great season. I was really proud of how you all did, especially compared to what many people expected. No doubt in my mind I will be making another trip to Murfeesboro next year to watch the Lady cats finish what they started.

OS had one more steal and one less turnover. Plus they had 11 more shots than Madison. On most nights that gives you a chance at a victory, but 20.9 percent speaks for itself.

As far as which area is the best, I do think that in Class A the balance of power lies in Middle and West Tennessee. Oliver Springs can play with and beat any Class A team on any night, but as a whole Class A is down right now in East Tennessee.

Class AA and Class AAA is currently more balanced.

Thanks. She is very happy and her and the coach get along very well. We are very excited for her to be there and very anxious for her to play, it has been a while.

If you talking about the girl I think you are, she was a Miss Basketball finalist the same year my sister was. Where is she playing now?

Probably so. She went to Carson Newman her freshman year where she was SAC Freshman of the year and Co-Player of the year. She had a great year and the team had a great year but she was not happy. She has now transferred to Western Carolina to play for Kelly Jolly Harper. Loves it there and is very anxious to get back out on the floor. Where is your sister?

Probably so. She went to Carson Newman her freshman year where she was SAC Freshman of the year and Co-Player of the year. She had a great year and the team had a great year but she was not happy. She has now transferred to Western Carolina to play for Kelly Jolly Harper. Loves it there and is very anxious to get back out on the floor. Where is your sister?

Just finished her sophmore year at Tennessee Tech, won the regular seson title, but lost in the finals of the tournament. NIT probably this year, Kelly Harper recruited my sister when she was at Chattanooga, nice lady.

Yea, she recruited my daughter while at UTC also, if we hadn't already signed with CN when she moved to Western, we probably would have ended up at Western from day one. Nice to hear where these girls all end up, I have got to see some of them play this year, saw Laura Hall when UTC and Western went into overtime. That class of 2004 still has to be one of the best classes ever all across the state. You see so many of them playing on tv. Good luck to your sister at TTU. I almost went there myself but boy was that a long time ago. :thumb:

Yea, she recruited my daughter while at UTC also, if we hadn't already signed with CN when she moved to Western, we probably would have ended up at Western from day one. Nice to hear where these girls all end up, I have got to see some of them play this year, saw Laura Hall when UTC and Western went into overtime. That class of 2004 still has to be one of the best classes ever all across the state. You see so many of them playing on tv. Good luck to your sister at TTU. I almost went there myself but boy was that a long time ago. :thumb:

My sister came within a hair of going to UTC also, I'm glad she chose Tech though, because its about 7 minutes from our house and I can go to all the home games. :thumb: