Oliver Springs vs. Madison Magnet

catback

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, all you can say is congratulations to OS for making it to the state. I really am happy for the girls ---they all shouldl be proud of themselves because I am sure it has been a tough year and they need to savor the trip even though it did last as long as they wanted because there is never a guarantee to make it back. It is never a lock to go so focus on the positives not the last game.

As I said earlier watch out for madison--mainly because I am pretty sure the coach is the former bethel college girls coach--someone correct me if I am wrong----plus that school is pulling some fairly top-notch kids out of other schools in the jackson area.

Also anyone that thinks basketball is even all over the state is not paying attention to the results--just look at the past winners of the state tourney--in the past 15 years in boys and girls (all three classes) there were 90 state champions only about 15 are from the east side of cookeville and half of those are from around chattanooga--east tn be happy dominating football and just be honest basketball is king in west tn, nashville, and the upper cumberland

Well, all you can say is congratulations to OS for making it to the state. I really am happy for the girls ---they all shouldl be proud of themselves because I am sure it has been a tough year and they need to savor the trip even though it did last as long as they wanted because there is never a guarantee to make it back. It is never a lock to go so focus on the positives not the last game.

As I said earlier watch out for madison--mainly because I am pretty sure the coach is the former bethel college girls coach--someone correct me if I am wrong----plus that school is pulling some fairly top-notch kids out of other schools in the jackson area.

Also anyone that thinks basketball is even all over the state is not paying attention to the results--just look at the past winners of the state tourney--in the past 15 years in boys and girls (all three classes) there were 90 state champions only about 15 are from the east side of cookeville and half of those are from around chattanooga--east tn be happy dominating football and just be honest basketball is king in west tn, nashville, and the upper cumberland

Finally, someone who knows something about basketball. I agree completely!!

my thoughts are that a can of something got opened up early and often

No. I think if that can had been opened at all, the score would have been worst, OS shot 20% from the field, yet at halftime, they were still in the game. Madison won, and thats the bottom line, but, OS played the worst game of the season in that game.

The Madison coach even made a comment about "not seeing the real Bobcat team that day".

It was brought up in the paper today (Knoxville). You folks will be making a mistake if you let Coach Christopher step down from the present position she is in. She is a very savvy coach and obviously know her X's and O's. She really represents your school in a positive manner, which in my opinion, is often hard to do these days. I've heard there are other coaches chomping at the chance to take over this position and it is without question a "golden" opportunity. However, it looks to me as if you have found your coach..........keep her happy and she'll probably make you happy. Good luck tonight, 2-A is rooting for you.

:lol: Kaz ;)

Is this the same coach named in the (Nashville-Tennessean) Thursday, March 9, 2006 Sports section, page 5C? :D

Edited by Technical

no answer????---technical what the article say

I revised/edited my post above so the correct information is now listed.

I would post the article but I believe it would be deleted, possibly the entire thread. However I would encourage you to find a copy of the Nashville Tennessean and read the article. To the best of my knowledge none of the local news papers there are printing the story. If you want I will email you the article?

Tech.