warren co at livington

zion at westview

baylor at mcminn co

tullahoma at oakland

mccallie at ooltewah

mba at jp2

siegel at shelbyville

Dyersburg 17 Gibson Co. 0

I hope this is a joke. There is no excuse for a score like that. Didn't they already score 11 goals against someone else? Looks like somebody likes to beat up on the little guys.

Ouch!, guess it could look that way. But the varsity came out after 6-0. It was mostly freshman (jv) that scored the rest and it was a district game so we did have to play them. But I do agree that at some point you have to let the other team have some dignity. But it was our coach's call and he is new. 11-2 on Liberty the night before-again the varsity came out at half (7-1) and the Jv came in at second half. But to say we like to beat up is a little harsh. Here in our district, we face alot of teams with new programs and first time players. The JV(freshman) played mostly in both games so there isn't anything we can do. We are just posting the scores, dont attack us if you dont really know the whole story. In similar situations, in previous years, our old coach wouldn't let them score after 10 and we were accused of "toying" with them and more frustration seemed to be created. I dont know what the answer is-I was hoping the ref would call it.

Ouch!, guess it could look that way. But the varsity came out after 6-0. It was mostly freshman (jv) that scored the rest and it was a district game so we did have to play them. But I do agree that at some point you have to let the other team have some dignity. But it was our coach's call and he is new. 11-2 on Liberty the night before-again the varsity came out at half (7-1) and the Jv came in at second half. But to say we like to beat up is a little harsh. Here in our district, we face alot of teams with new programs and first time players. The JV(freshman) played mostly in both games so there isn't anything we can do. We are just posting the scores, dont attack us if you dont really know the whole story. In similar situations, in previous years, our old coach wouldn't let them score after 10 and we were accused of "toying" with them and more frustration seemed to be created. I dont know what the answer is-I was hoping the ref would call it.

is your team that good or do you just play awful teams?

I understand the dilema, but there are limitations that you can put into effect when you see the game getting out of hand. Not scoring does look bad, but you can have no breakaways, shooting from outside the 18, only off of crosses, shooting with your non dominant foot, etc. I'm not attacking you, though my words may be a little harsh, and I apologize for that, but 17-0 is pretty harsh. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Paint it how you want, but you have scored 28 goals in 2 games.

Guest Number8

Paint it how you want, but you have scored 28 goals in 2 games.

what's the problem with that???? This is competative soccer. there is no such thing as "harsh". i have never heard a coach say, "ok guys don't score too much now, cause we don't want to be too harsh on them. so start messing up, or shoot from the mid line"

I understand the dilema, but there are limitations that you can put into effect when you see the game getting out of hand. Not scoring does look bad, but you can have no breakaways, shooting from outside the 18, only off of crosses, shooting with your non dominant foot, etc. I'm not attacking you, though my words may be a little harsh, and I apologize for that, but 17-0 is pretty harsh. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Paint it how you want, but you have scored 28 goals in 2 games.

no-no I agree with you-but we have done the scoring with certain limitations (only with crosses and it had to be headed in) and we got just as harsh criticism and the losing team got just as frustrated. When we have done no scoring just keep away like the UNC Women's team used to do after 10 goals-again we were told we were "toying" with them. I guess i was hoping the refs had some kind of "mercy rule" like in little league baseball and we could call it early. It was ugly and it was harsh and you are totally right. Maybe I want an answer to an unaswerable question. But I do think since you guys in the east and middle of the state have such fierce competition and rarely play "easy" teams it may be hard for you to understand.