All-Americans

Skeeter07

This is true. When playing a team that is of a lesser calibur than your team, many coaches will keep their starters in, and so their stats will greatly increase, which ultimately makes them seem like they are incredible. But on the other hand, teams such as McCallie, when playing a team that is not very good and defeating them to a great extent, will pull out their starters in order for other players to get PT, or playing time if you will. Therefore, the stats make one player seem outstanding when in actuallity he is not as good as the stats make him out to be. So don't judge people by their stats....yeah

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. When playing a team that is of a lesser calibur than your team, many coaches will keep their starters in, and so their stats will greatly increase, which ultimately makes them seem like they are incredible. But on the other hand, teams such as McCallie, when playing a team that is not very good and defeating them to a great extent, will pull out their starters in order for other players to get PT, or playing time if you will. Therefore, the stats make one player seem outstanding when in actuallity he is not as good as the stats make him out to be. So don't judge people by their stats....yeah

Cahill has put up significant stats in the games against quality teams; 5 against Lassiter, 3 and 4 against MUS, and has points in the Ravenwood and Lovett games. So stats may skew some peoples perception of ability, but they can also show who comes to play.

The thing that has made me angry in the past is that all americans are picked because of stats. McCallie has many great players, three who could be all americans but they do not have the stats because the team isnt focused around one player. Cahill might have the stats but he doesnt have talent like Austin Colpini or David Hughes. Im not saying that he isnt a great player but i just dont think that his talent can match these two offensive players.

I agree with lax32, from all things that I have seen from Cahill, I am not that impressed. I will also agree with Redtwin when he says that there isn't really any other offensive threat vying for the award, however don't give it to Cahill by default either. I know Cahill is quick and has good vision, I played with him on a summer league team, but I am not quite sure about every other aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he isn't talented but I would like to see a little bit more from him, especially if he wants to be an all american.

From what I saw, david hughes, austin colpini, and chase hayes have got nothing against cahill. cahill had at least five or six points against Tom Jackson who is "arguably the best defender in the state" and who can shut down anyone. I think cahill's stats in the mba/mccallie game will quiet a lot of doubters when voting for all american roles around.

From what I saw, david hughes, austin colpini, and chase hayes have got nothing against cahill. cahill had at least five or six points against Tom Jackson who is "arguably the best defender in the state" and who can shut down anyone. I think cahill's stats in the mba/mccallie game will quiet a lot of doubters when voting for all american roles around.

He had two goals, and one was in transition. Giving him that many assists would be pretty generous stat keeping

I know there is alot of talk about Tom Jackson, but what about Garrott McClintock, the dpole from MUS? He held cahill to two goals over two games, and he held colpini to two (i believe). And has been a solid defender all year usually taking care of the opponents best attackman.

I know there is alot of talk about Tom Jackson, but what about Garrott McClintock, the dpole from MUS? He held cahill to two goals over two games, and he held colpini to two (i believe). And has been a solid defender all year usually taking care of the opponents best attackman.

Cahill really isn't a big goal scorer, especially when Witherspoon is playing. He is however, the driving force of the MBA offense who creates a lot of goals for his teammates. I still stand by my statement that he is the best attackman in the league. I think David Hughes and the kid from Houston are both pretty solid as well. I haven't seen McClintock play. I think it is very impressive that he has 7 points (5g,2a), which is the highest total I've seen from a defenseman. Does he play man up, or just run the field well? The best defenseman I've seen is James Banker, but like I just said, I haven't seen McClintock play, and I've only seen McCallie's D play once. McClintock looks pretty good on paper though.

Edited by Redtwin

I hope not. I don't think TN should have more than 3, and most years, 2 would be plenty. I'd hate to see the distinction get watered down. Remember, these players are supposed to be able to compete well with the best in America, not just be a good player in TN. GA has 6, which is just stupid. That being said, it probably won't be long before another increase because there were 15 teams in 2002, when there were 2 AAs, and there were 17 teams in 2003, when we jumped to 3 AAs. We now have 26 teams, and when you compare that with GA's 34 and 6 AAs, it would lead me to believe that there will be more TN AAs in the near future.

Edited by Redtwin

Cahill really isn't a big goal scorer, especially when Witherspoon is playing. He is however, the driving force of the MBA offense who creates a lot of goals for his teammates. I still stand by my statement that he is the best attackman in the league. I think David Hughes and the kid from Houston are both pretty solid as well. I haven't seen McClintock play. I think it is very impressive that he has 7 points (5g,2a), which is the highest total I've seen from a defenseman. Does he play man up, or just run the field well? The best defenseman I've seen is James Banker, but like I just said, I haven't seen McClintock play, and I've only seen McCallie's D play once. McClintock looks pretty good on paper though.

McClintock is not on man up. He runs the field extremely well. My opinion the best defender in the state.

i didnt see anything spectacular out of Cayhill, if i spelled that wrong sorry, when we played them but i didnt see the McCallie game, some one who should be looked at is 17 off of Houston he is a real play maker, he made many of the Ravenwood defenders look bad, and what number is Jackson for McCallie