McMinn Central vs Alcoa

concernedcherokee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blake will be the X factor in this game. He does a great job with fakes and using his body. The shot blockers from Alcoa will think they'll have a field day but Blake will get to the free throw line often. Beau will meet some athletes like Lanxter and Sommers who will give him a challenge. For MC to win they can't let Ridenour or Stubblefield get hot from outside. Should be a track meet. Who will stop BrandonWarren defensively is my question????

I'm thinking the only person that can put Brandon Warren in check, defensively, is Ray Lewis. He is a big man and Central will have problems with him, but I still think Beau and Blake will run the show.

I have enjoyed reading some of the McMinn fans responses. Most are laughable and some are boarder line dilusional. You guys really don't know what you are about th run into. I doubt you have played a more athletic team than Alcoa this year. Alcoa also shoots the trey very well. I've read MC by 18 pulling away in the 2nd half.....MC easily.....LOL. Alcoa wins this game and sends McMinn packing early. :rolleyes:

I think it will be a close game, not sure on the outcome yet. But all these people on here think Beau and Blake are gonna have huge games. Alcoa has tons of athletes, and i would bet one of them could slow down Beau a little bit, prolly not much but more than some people could do. And people think Blake is just gonna be able to use his body and back people down this game like he usually does against these weaker post players, well, he will be up against Brandon Warren, and i really dont think that will work quite as well against somebody as strong as him.

I think Alcoa would win in a nail biter, they are just good like that, but I think MC will have a decent lead late and win by 8 or 10, if Haywood beats Liberty and gets tired or if Liberty wins and is worn out then MC has a chance, but they will have to jump on the backs of Beau and Blake.

Alcoa or mcminn will get beat by liberty and haywood co.They will have a better chance of playn with haywood because haywood plays a lot more of a slow down game but haywood will still win by at least 15pts.Liberty is too deep to get tired.They will press u full court all nite long and u will be the one gettn tired.Liberty will beat either one by 25 or more points.

Alcoa or mcminn will get beat by liberty and haywood co.They will have a better chance of playn with haywood because haywood plays a lot more of a slow down game but haywood will still win by at least 15pts.Liberty is too deep to get tired.They will press u full court all nite long and u will be the one gettn tired.Liberty will beat either one by 25 or more points.

Yo must be a child....

I don't think McMinn will dominate, if they win it'll be close, same for Alcoa. Their fans thought the same way 2 years ago, and they got beat. This year's Alcoa team is, IMO, better than the one from two years ago, so I think we'll be seeing a good game come Thursday.

McMinn will win this game. The team is playing for revenge from a few years ago, and respect for a player like Beau Brown. The kid has been a star at McMinn since he was a Sophmore when he out performed now SEC standout Corey Brewer in the Sub-State. He is the best player to wear a Central jersey, and this may be the best "team" they have had in a long time. Not the best players but they complement eachother well, and coming off a 30 point massacre in the sub-state, they are ready for Alcoa.

McMinn will win this game. The team is playing for revenge from a few years ago, and respect for a player like Beau Brown. The kid has been a star at McMinn since he was a Sophmore when he out performed now SEC standout Corey Brewer in the Sub-State. He is the best player to wear a Central jersey, and this may be the best "team" they have had in a long time. Not the best players but they complement eachother well, and coming off a 30 point massacre in the sub-state, they are ready for Alcoa.

True---it will be a fairly close game, but MC will win as long as they don't underestimate Alcoa too much for Alcoa is much better than White House looked to be in Sub-State.