Cosby! Bring home the GOLD.

REBELRON

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we tried to tell ya'll...didn't listen too well though...but yea, it was a good game...im kinda upset about the dexter manning kid flipping off the student section while he was walking back to the locker room...i remember hearing one of yall cosby people saying that yall were brought up with humility and respect?? lol...what a way to show it!!! but back to the game, humboldt pretty much dominated..there were some fouls that should've been called, i agree, but they were on both sides of the court! humboldt had 3 dunks which helped get some momentum...i think kelsey and toylon both had 25 a piece...and then marcus had somewhere around 14 i think...e.j. had somewhere around 8...derek had about 10 or 12...ill get the real stats posted on here later...but great season to the eagles! good luck vikings!!! :thumb:

o yea...forgot to ask...did yall get the money from the food stamps we traded in? just wanted to make sure that yall had enough money for gas to go home!

I agree with you DB3; I too was upset that y'alls star child gave the entire Humboldt student section the bird with both hands lifted high. And, another player that did not play shouted shut the F^^^ up also. It was a good game, and I am going to stick with my statement that the West is the best in the state.

Thats a shame if that did happen. Those kids are better than that.

I'm sure they were frustrated of a 34-1 season and getting beat by 20 in the quarters. Still thats no excuse, I've been taught to win with class and lose with class.

I feel as if these two teams could've been there on Saturday if the draw would've gone differently. Of course Grace and UC would've factored in somewhere as well. Still Cosby scored the 3rd most points of any A team (behind Humboldt and Union City - against a hapless Cloudland) and they had a poor night shooting it.

Hats off to the Vikings. I figured they'd probably get the win, but I think this game was more than a State Quarterfinals - it was about a statement game for them and Western TN basketball.

As far as the officiating, I think it goes both ways. But obviously, I wore the homer glasses during the game. 23-7 second chance points won this game.

Edited by PTSportsWriter

Hats off to the Vikings. I figured they'd probably get the win, but I think this game was more than a State Quarterfinals - it was about a statement game for them and Western TN basketball.

Congrats to both teams on getting to the big show. But big props to Humboldt on the win. And West Tennessee basketball is just on another level here latetly. If the West Tennessee teams didnt have to play each other in the first round of AA you would have seen the same dominance in that class also. Basketball is just king here, I live over 100 miles away, we had more radio stations here covering the state tournament than I found in the Ville or the Boro. Thats just another example of how we take this game more seriouslly.

Edited by montague1

I figured Cosby would get "Racked" in this game. Cosby and Cloudland were both overrated. They play in a weak area. Upper east TN is weak in every boy's sports once they play teams from other areas of the state.

I dont think Cosby was overrated.

I think had they been on the side of the bracket that Cloudland was on - they would've fared better.

Not saying they beat Union City, but I think they could've competed better with UC than Humboldt.

I dont think Cosby would've had problems with either Clay or Wayne.

But, regardless, as Cosby HC Richard Coggins told me in the week leading up to this game - "If you think you're good enough to come down here and win, you've got to wind up playing the best team sometime."

I dont think Cosby was overrated.

I think had they been on the side of the bracket that Cloudland was on - they would've fared better.

Not saying they beat Union City, but I think they could've competed better with UC than Humboldt.

I dont think Cosby would've had problems with either Clay or Wayne.

But, regardless, as Cosby HC Richard Coggins told me in the week leading up to this game - "If you think you're good enough to come down here and win, you've got to wind up playing the best team sometime."

What a great quote from the coach, Congratulations to Cosby on a great season.

Thats a shame if that did happen. Those kids are better than that.

I'm sure they were frustrated of a 34-1 season and getting beat by 20 in the quarters. Still thats no excuse, I've been taught to win with class and lose with class.

Yeah..folks shouldn`t come down too hard on them. It sure sounds like frustration to me. I`m sure after the great season they had that they really wanted to go out a winner. And who knows they might have heard an unkind word or two from the Humboldt section and overreacted. Nonetheless...they had a fantastic year.

this officiating is awful

Look, the officiating had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. Humboldt has had to play through bad calls by the officials IN ALMOST EVERY GAME, sometimes it seems that we have to play two teams, the players and the refs, but we've stopped complaining bout it and so should yall and neways if Cosby was #1 in state caliber they could have won neways. Vikings have proved they are the BEST!!! GO VIKINGS ALL THE WAY TO THE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!