Cosby! Bring home the GOLD.

REBELRON

Congrats Vikings on your win... I hope that you all continue to do well in the tournament... you all played one heck of a game...Cosby isnt overrated- and that sure wasnt their best game but ya know all is said and done soo.... I would just like to tell the boys from Cosby that I am very proud of you and you all make me proud to say that I am from Cosby... I hope that you arent down on yourselves because you had a great season... too bad it just didnt go your way in the end... see you on Monday... enjoy your little vacation in the 'boro you all earned it... take it easy and be good! Cant wait till next ball season.....

Proud to be from the East..... Go Eagles!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to hear you gripe about how if we would have played at "the infamous, overrated eagles' nest" that y'all would have pulled out a win. The best team won last night, plain and simple. We would have come into the "eagles' nest" and done the same thing. Just so you know, Humboldt plays better on the road than do at home; we only lost two true road games all season.... one to Union City who is still playing in the state tourney and the other to Lake Co. who is probably the most atheltic team in the entire state. End of discussion.

If you would have came to the Eagles nest I hope you think you would have did the same thing. Thats funny! I guess the Humboldt fans paid the referees all of their welfare checks for this month to get calls like that.

I feel as if these two teams could've been there on Saturday if the draw would've gone differently. Of course Grace and UC would've factored in somewhere as well. Still Cosby scored the 3rd most points of any A team (behind Humboldt and Union City - against a hapless Cloudland) and they had a poor night shooting it.

Hats off to the Vikings. I figured they'd probably get the win, but I think this game was more than a State Quarterfinals - it was about a statement game for them and Western TN basketball.

This was not a quarterfinal game. UC, Humboldt, Clay, Grace, Wayne and ER were all better than Cosby.

I think had they been on the side of the bracket that Cloudland was on - they would've fared better.

I dont think Cosby would've had problems with either Clay or Wayne.

Wouldn't have had problems? Forget the West (they are oviously the strongest region) if Cosby and Cloudland would have been in middle tennessee they wouldn't have made it to the boro either. Pickett, Temple, Columbia Academy, and NCS were all better than those two. Not to mention a few others (Cully, Summertown, etc.) Congrats on all of your accomplishments, but if some of us could have played in the east we would accomplish the same things.

Humboldt was probably 6-12 points better than Cosby based on rebounding, second-chance points and speed/size (especially on the inside).

No- they were 20 points better.

I just wanted to say congratulations to the Cosby Eagles! They had a hard game yesterday and the officiating was TeRrIbLe.

Officiating was fine.

I'm not sure what broadcast you were listening to.

However, we did mention that Cosby scored 64 and that was enough pts to win a lot of ballgames and was probably enough to win at least 2 games on Wednesday. And that point total was third in Class A to Humboldt and Union City (who did play Hapless Cloudland)

You scored that many because of the style of play. If you had played the middle tennessee teams they would have slowed the pace down, contested your shots, and you still would have lost. Not to mention the fact that these teams probably would have scored more against that 2-3 than they did against the others who actually play defense.

If you would have came to the Eagles nest I hope you think you would have did the same thing. Thats funny! I guess the Humboldt fans paid the referees all of their welfare checks for this month to get calls like that.

Dude, look you got smoked, let it go. We are better than you at any given time. You have two good players that would be really great in west tennessee (11 and 44). Quit making excuses please, i'm tired of Humboldt never getting the respect we deserve. When we win, "the refs were horrible"-"we didnt' play our best game", that's all i hear, so get over it you lost to a better team, good luck next year. But for now you're gone, so please be quiet. B)

Edited by VikingFan9

You scored that many because of the style of play. If you had played the middle tennessee teams they would have slowed the pace down, contested your shots, and you still would have lost. Not to mention the fact that these teams probably would have scored more against that 2-3 than they did against the others who actually play defense.

The comments about the Wayne/Clay County came based as what a few coaches (not affialiated with Cosby) told me last night.

A lot of teams tried to slow Cosby down (including the AA and AAAs they played too) but Cosby still averaged 60+ points in those games. Not sure what they would've done against teams from other parts of the state.

I think Cosby went with the 2-3 because Humboldt was bigger and quicker - especially on the inside. The scouts/films Cosby got had Humboldt an average/poor shooting team from outside.

Cosby's defense wasn't good all year. They werent quick enough to play man at some positions, and they got into a lot of foul trouble when they went man. But they could play man for spurts if they had too. But more often and not, they had to go to the strategy of just plain outscoring folks.

The match-up of transistion didnt work well for Cosby last night. That was their bread and butter all year long.

I'm going to disagree with you on that statement..I hope Humboldt wins the state..but the #1 team in the State in at home..You're right..either U.C or Humboldt will win the gold balland they will be crowned State champions and that's all that matters..but the he State champions in either case will have finished 2nd or 3rd in the regular season and 2nd or 3rd in the district tournament..So..if Humbnoldt wins...congratulations on winning the State..but couldn't beat Lake Co in either of the 3 games played.. I'm not arguing that they aren't State champions..just not the #1 team in the State...The best team doesn't always win..But..I believe U.C. or Humboldt will win the State..U.C. has a cakewalk while at least Humboldt has to earn their way..

How about this...A three-way tie for first.....Because Union City beat Lake County twice.......On the road at T-Ville and on a neutral court when the Falcons were coming in owning a 20-something game winning streak.... :)

There is a difference in the way bball is played in Tennessee...I think Cloudland and Cosby found out today they aren't playing where it is stronger...West Tennessee teams have to go all out every night...That's why they are stronger...

Congrats on a great season,but we tried to tell ya....

West is stronger?? What happend today against Grace??

Dude, look you got smoked, let it go. We are better than you at any given time. You have two good players that would be really great in west tennessee (11 and 44). Quit making excuses please, i'm tired of Humboldt never getting the respect we deserve. When we win, "the refs were horrible"-"we didnt' play our best game", that's all i hear, so get over it you lost to a better team, good luck next year. But for now you're gone, so please be quiet. ;)

Looks like your team got smoked today. You lost to a better team, so good look next year. Have a nice trip home!

Edited by c03gt

I play for Cosby and when we played Humboldt we played different then we did all year.We are allways in transition(which didnt happen),and we got out rebounded bad.I could see us getting out rebounded but i dont believe Humboldt has ever shot that good(including freethrows).On 3 different tapes it has them shooting awful and couldnt make a freethrow.Well they shot great which we wasnt prepared to see.I watched them play Grace and it looked like the Humboldt team in the scouting reports.#20 shot 5 air balls vs. Grace,and couldnt miss aganist us.You didnt get to see the regular Cosby eagles in Murfreesboro,but we will be back like allways.It was a heck of a ride (34-2)!BEST RECORD IN SCHOOL HISTORY.

How about this...A three-way tie for first.....Because Union City beat Lake County twice.......On the road at T-Ville and on a neutral court when the Falcons were coming in owning a 20-something game winning streak.... :unsure:

I'm just having a little fun...Congrats to U.C. on winning the gold and to Humboldt on a great season...It was fun messing with you guys and J.W. and Red from Humboldt...Single A was very tough this year and after the year that Humboldt and U.C. had in double A last year,I believe Humboldt and U.C fans had to be surprised at the level of basketball played in Single A....I'll be waiting on you guys from U.C. in football...Congrats to Middleton,Halls, and Middle College on their seasons also....I've had fun messing with all you guys...

I play for Cosby and when we played Humboldt we played different then we did all year.We are allways in transition(which didnt happen),and we got out rebounded bad.I could see us getting out rebounded but i dont believe Humboldt has ever shot that good(including freethrows).On 3 different tapes it has them shooting awful and couldnt make a freethrow.Well they shot great which we wasnt prepared to see.I watched them play Grace and it looked like the Humboldt team in the scouting reports.#20 shot 5 air balls vs. Grace,and couldnt miss aganist us.You didnt get to see the regular Cosby eagles in Murfreesboro,but we will be back like allways.It was a heck of a ride (34-2)!BEST RECORD IN SCHOOL HISTORY.

I'm not sure what video you were watching if you thoguht #20 was playing like he's capable of...That was one of his worst shooting performances of the season...the kid couldn't get anything to drop...I guess if you saw the Middle College tape, then you could come to the conclusion that he isn't a good shooter, because he didn't really play well then either...but, if you saw the Cosby game, then you know what kind of shooter he is...He's not just a great shooter, but a very, very good shooter...anyone from UC can testify to this...so, the game you saw him play against Grace was very sub-par...but, it is true that, as a team, Humboldt is not that great shooting wise...But, they've obviously been able to score a lot of points averaging over 70 a game...