Greeneville soccer

river271

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say, there were about two fights after the Greeneville Jeff game. Jeff county is a bunch of punks. Somethin needs to be done about them. Their coach has no control over them and its gettin out of control.

From what i have heard the greenville boys are the one that told them they were going to kick somones butt in the parking lot after the game and both teams were in the parking lot trying to fight so how would it be just jeff county trying to fight

sounds like both coaches could have got a little bit of discipline issues but what is the deal with the refs in this area the mw jeff game the coaches refed the game from the sideline and last night i understand it was just the same considering two coaches got yellow cards arguing calls last night i think something needs to be done although the refs had nothing to do with the outcome of the game it would just be nice to see consitently good calls as opposed to inconsistently calling bad ones

I agree, I feel the officials are failing to keep some matches "in check". In the Greeneville vs. Jefferson County match last night, the officials let excessive fouls continue with no-calls, causing the tempers to escalate. I don't think there would have been any parking lot scuffle had the game been called more closely. While the on field referee can't see everything, I find that many side judges refuse to use their authority to flag fouls. ( in my opinion, last night the on field official missed many calls that occurred right in front of him - both ways). Maybe some of us parents should acquire the certification to officiate? - No thanks! I know officiating is a very difficult job; however, we must get these matches under control. It is only human nature for tempers to erupt as blatant fouls continue to go unnoticed. Any thoughts? FYI - the Greene Devils are "starting to gel".

For all those out there reading this- thanks to the coach and some level headed parents - there was NO fight in the parking lot - just a lot of trash talking. Interesting though, the greeneville team was in one parking lot and the Jeff County team bus was in a separate lot on the opposite side of the the complex yet a Jeff County player found it necessary to go into the greeneville lot (amazingly with the encouragement of his mother) to try to start something. He was either very brave or very stupid.

The previous post is correct, the after game antics were because the game was not controlled well enough on the field. My son was trash talked and battered the whole game. He kept his composure and didn't retaliate but there should have been multiple cards in this one and they should have come early.

Also, Greeneville does not have this problem with any other team in or out of the district - just Jefferson County. It was the same last year when a greeneville player sustained a skull fracture against them. They play a different kind of soccer than every other team around. I am requesting our AD and coach look into this matter and discuss this with other coaches/AD's in the district to see if this is a team trend which should be curtailed in some sanctioned way.

Edited by Ilovethisgame

For all those out there reading this- thanks to the coach and some level headed parents - there was NO fight in the parking lot - just a lot of trash talking. Interesting though, the greeneville team was in one parking lot and the Jeff County team bus was in a separate lot on the opposite side of the the complex yet a Jeff County player found it necessary to go into the greeneville lot (amazingly with the encouragement of his mother) to try to start something. He was either very brave or very stupid.

The previous post is correct, the after game antics were because the game was not controlled well enough on the field. My son was trash talked and battered the whole game. He kept his composure and didn't retaliate but there should have been multiple cards in this one and they should have come early.

Also, Greeneville does not have this problem with any other team in or out of the district - just Jefferson County. It was the same last year when a greeneville player sustained a skull fracture against them. They play a different kind of soccer than every other team around. I am requesting our AD and coach look into this matter and discuss this with other coaches/AD's in the district to see if this is

yeah i guess jeff county is just a bunch of cheap hacks but i guess that makes all the greenville boys sissies j\k it makes no sense to me how a bunch of kids who yes probably besides cocke county have the least bit of soccer experience but still people don't give credit to what they have accomplished and yes they probably are the most physical team in the conference and some of there fouls are a bit outrageous but the refs are supposed to do something about that not the kids they just go out and play the game so go ahead and whine to your athletic directors but as far as i am concerned you go jeff county keep giving it all you got and maybe you bunch of roughnecks can get out of the district because obviously everyone in your distirct wants you out cause you are to rough for them maybe some of you should go play football it looks like they probably will need your help

Any word on rescheduling this game?

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything so far concerning rescheduling as we need to make up 2 district games and then play mo west and sullivan south all next week before district tourney the week after.

Edited by Chizaggi