Preds

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that has concerned me all season, and still to this day are the penalties.

What concerns me the most is that too many players are still being caught flat-footed and are hooking, tripping, holding, etc. What also concerns me is that Trotz doesn't know how to fix it. IMO, he needs to start sitting people who are constantly screwing up on the defensive end. You can't keep exposing Volkun to 40 shots a game and praying that your penalty-killing unit gets the job done.

This West Coast swing has seen the penalties creep back up, while the penalty kill unit is giving up goas at a 35% clip-that stat will lose you games.

Sitting Suter, Hartnall, Witt or whom else who refuses to get in position is the only medicine they'll understand.

Unless they get this right, they'll lose home ice advantage for the playoffs as well as be a first round casualty!

One thing that has concerned me all season, and still to this day are the penalties.

What concerns me the most is that too many players are still being caught flat-footed and are hooking, tripping, holding, etc. What also concerns me is that Trotz doesn't know how to fix it. IMO, he needs to start sitting people who are constantly screwing up on the defensive end. You can't keep exposing Volkun to 40 shots a game and praying that your penalty-killing unit gets the job done.

This West Coast swing has seen the penalties creep back up, while the penalty kill unit is giving up goas at a 35% clip-that stat will lose you games.

Sitting Suter, Hartnall, Witt or whom else who refuses to get in position is the only medicine they'll understand.

Unless they get this right, they'll lose home ice advantage for the playoffs as well as be a first round casualty!

Eaton and Markov looked slow thier first game back fron injuries.... So did Scott Walker....

We are not very strong, from a physical standpoint, than we need to be.... With all the penalties, Witt can only be out there so long to push people in front of Vokoun.

I'm all for, next year, keeping Weber up and also playing Zanon and Klein with the big team.... When we had those big bodies up with the injuries, our defense was actually better.

I like Eaton, Markov and Hamius....but you can only have so many dmen that size on your team..... We need some meat....

I believe we will be in position to make a good trade or two during the offseason....We have plenty of Dmen, some with value....Don't know who on our team face contract renewels....If Radulov comes to the big team and only produces 1/4 of what he is doing now and we can get that one big physical forward to go with our speed, and Mr TV, we will be a handful next year.

• 3 weeks later...