Mitchell-Goodpasture

CoachT

WesCharge,

Do you know anything about basketball? They could not match us man to man so coach held the ball to pull them out of their zone. With a lead and no pressure the clock ran. We hut a 3 at the buzzer that broke their backs. You may need to direct your comments to the coach at Goodpasture for losing an entire qtr while trailing.

The Tennessean quoted coach Jhonson saying that it was PG Cager decision to hold the ball he went on to say I have three senior who will win togather or lose togather they wont blame him thats what a caoch says

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WesCharge,

Do you know anything about basketball? They could not match us man to man so coach held the ball to pull them out of their zone. With a lead and no pressure the clock ran. We hut a 3 at the buzzer that broke their backs. You may need to direct your comments to the coach at Goodpasture for losing an entire qtr while trailing.

Goodpasture lost the quarter 3-2... :thumb: The only way Goodpasture had a chance of winning was to play zone and hope for a run at the end,and it didnt work...

I thought I would never see a Memphis team hold the ball...

Congrats to Mitchell on the win.....

Goodpasture lost the quarter 3-2... :D The only way Goodpasture had a chance of winning was to play zone and hope for a run at the end,and it didnt work...

I thought I would never see a Memphis team hold the ball...

Congrats to Mitchell on the win.....

You don't see much Memphis basketball. Wooddale was known to do this throughout the entire season three years ago. This has been done many times if a team is in a zone and the winning team wants to pull them out of it. I was a high school basketball statistician from 1976 to 1979. I have attended high school basketball games since. Yes, many Memphis teams like to play the uptempo game because of the type of athletic talent available in the city and the kids like to play that style. But there are many teams that will slow it down in district 16 and 15. Fairley is a prime example. Although thay have the talent to play uptempo, Coach Ford perfers a slower half court game.

Mitchell was successful last night because of the popular sterotype that Memphis basketball is not well coached and is always uptempo. Don't believe the hype. Take a look at the past state championships won by Memphis teams and the style they played. If you don't know that then you haven't attended many state championship games.

You don't see much Memphis basketball. Wooddale was known to do this throughout the entire season three years ago. This has been done many times if a team is in a zone and the winning team wants to pull them out of it. I was a high school basketball statistician from 1976 to 1979. I have attended high school basketball games since. Yes, many Memphis teams like to play the uptempo game because of the type of athletic talent available in the city and the kids like to play that style. But there are many teams that will slow it down in district 16 and 15. Fairley is a prime example. Although thay have the talent to play uptempo, Coach Ford perfers a slower half court game.

Mitchell was successful last night because of the popular sterotype that Memphis basketball is not well coached and is always uptempo. Don't believe the hype. Take a look at the past state championships won by Memphis teams and the style they played. If you don't know that then you haven't attended many state championship games.

My mistake about saying all Memphis teams are run and gun...

Guest dare_2_dream

Ballfan,

We are so sorry that we are playing for the gold ball at 3. I like being sorry.

if you speak to bp3, please tell him the gator nation is waiting for his arrival ... and im sorry about his loss tonight

Edited by dare_2_dream