District 11AA

okiedoke

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on Waverly- They have won 3 of their first 5 games with their loses coming down to the final innings (Perry County -W 5-0, McEwen - W 19-1, Bruceton- W 10-5, Camden- L 3-4, Houston Co.- L 5-3). The first five games were not district games with Coach Cash cleverly playing through his line up of pitchers and introducing a couple of strong and impressive arms in his freshman and sophmore players. As always Waverly may surprise a couple of teams and give the district race a not so predictable ending. These Waverly boys are playing sound fundamental baseball and will be fun to watch when district play begins. Waverly will begin on Monday if weather permits against Stewart Co. Good luck to all the teams.

I agree with you. This year Waverly is playing with a fundamentally sound defensive team. Teamwork seems to be their biggest asset. I hope this young team continues to improve and to work together. Good Luck Waverly next week in district.

i agree that i would like to hear some about central. i expect it to be a 4 team race and i have yet to hear anything about the 4th team. coachrop, hows creek wood looking?

and hhsnumber1fan, who is fizer? i dont remember him pitching against sycamore last year. the only ones i recall are erland, collins, catfish, and lampley.

Fizer is number 20 didnt play a lot of varsity last year, because of Collins starting center and pitching a lot. He did pitch some varsity though, he starts at center this year and in my opinion is the ACE. And since you all didnt see him last season I think that is an even bigger reason to pitch him. The only problem is he pitched friday.

Creek Wood played 2 on Sat. They beat Wilson Central(4-2) at WC 10-4. Bowers pithched. That win qualified them for 3rd/4th place game at Lebanon against Lebanon(5-1). SO. Jeppsen carries a 2-hitter into 7th only to see defense and coaching fall apart as CW blows 4-1 lead and loses 5-4. Finished weekend 2-2-1 with Mont. Central 2-1 coming up on Mon at the Wood. (Weather permitting.) Should be a fun year in 11-AA. C-YA @ the YARD. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mont. Central @ Creek Wood 3/20= Rain Out. I wish we had an indoor facility @ the Wood so we could hit. I wonder what percent of Rutherford county and Wilson county schools have them. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot coach, Harpeth has one. Get you a retractable net and put it up in the auxillary gym.

Smyrna's is nice. They have a cage and tee stations and a couple of mounds.