Best backs in 2A for '06!

FOOTBALL81

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the best backs in 2A is sitting in Dresden. His name is Matt Hewitt and he deserves some recognition for as hard as he works. He is a punishing runner with quickness and speed. He is just a great athlete from what I have observed. I seen him when they scrimmaged Lewis Co. this spring and his legs never stopped. Has he been invited to any junior camps this summer? With Hewitt, the young quarterback, and a couple of other key players, Dresden should be in competition this year. Not to mentioned a seasoned coach.

Seasoned coach?

Hasn't he been there since 1993?

As far as I know, he still has an overall losing record.

Seasoned coach?

Hasn't he been there since 1993?

As far as I know, he still has an overall losing record.

You just showed everyone on here that you are a moron and just trying to stir things up on a good topic! All of these good posts about athletes that are excelling in TN High School Football and you pick out a meaningless snippet of a portion that has nothing to do with the topic. What is the matter, did he not play your kid or something? I do not know the man personally, but I did see him out there with his players working as hard as any coach could during a spring game. You say he has been there for 13 years, he must be doing something right to me. Do you just go on topics to look for someone to write about a coach so you can bash them? I coach jr.pro football and I do it so that the kids can have fun and learn about the great game of football. That is why I am taking up for this "SEASONED COACH". I hope nobody throws rocks at you while you are mowing don't bash these coaches' for doing their jobs. I started this topic because I saw an excellent high school football player in Matt Hewitt and I thought that he needed some recognition to a classy group of people but you showed that there are always classless people waiting to stir things up. Thanks for proving my point! And if you are from DRESDEN, it is hard have a continuous winning program with support like that. Get a whistle and try to put together a team and see how you do with no support. Keep working Dresden Football Team and prove people like this wrong!

Can I get an AMEN?!!

You just showed everyone on here that you are a moron and just trying to stir things up on a good topic! All of these good posts about athletes that are excelling in TN High School Football and you pick out a meaningless snippet of a portion that has nothing to do with the topic. What is the matter, did he not play your kid or something? I do not know the man personally, but I did see him out there with his players working as hard as any coach could during a spring game. You say he has been there for 13 years, he must be doing something right to me. Do you just go on topics to look for someone to write about a coach so you can bash them? I coach jr.pro football and I do it so that the kids can have fun and learn about the great game of football. That is why I am taking up for this "SEASONED COACH". I hope nobody throws rocks at you while you are mowing don't bash these coaches' for doing their jobs. I started this topic because I saw an excellent high school football player in Matt Hewitt and I thought that he needed some recognition to a classy group of people but you showed that there are always classless people waiting to stir things up. Thanks for proving my point! And if you are from DRESDEN, it is hard have a continuous winning program with support like that. Get a whistle and try to put together a team and see how you do with no support. Keep working Dresden Football Team and prove people like this wrong!

Can I get an AMEN?!!

Thanks for calling me a moron and classless. :o

I am entitled to my opinion, and I can give it without "name calling."

I don't have a child in sports. I still love to watch sports though.

Matt Hewitt is a great player that deserves recognition.

I went to every game this year and cheerfully supported the team at every game.

I just stated a fact about a coaches record.

By the way, if I failed to mow my yard the city would cite me for my grass being too high. In the real world there are consequences.

The Dresden Football Team is a hard working group of guys.

Gee, looks who's back..No, I am not Coach Rogers, or his brother, just a SUPPORTER of Dresden football. If you were a SUPPORTER of Dresden football, then you would know that his name is Matt Hewett, not Hewitt. You seem to jump all over the place with your comments and who you support. From your previous posts, at times you said that the Dresden football team had "tried and played hard all season." Once, you even complimented the coaches for a job well done for coming from behind to defeat Humboldt. Then, you jump ship and say you can't wait to watch Westview girl's basketball so that you can watch #13 shoot the 3's. Also from a previous post, "I was not impressed with Westview's sportsmanship at all." And oh yes, my favorite post of yours, "the rest of us noncoaches should take up coaching if we don't like it." Maybe it's about time you put your money (or occupation) where your mouth is. Like you always say, that's just my opinion.

Thanks for calling me a moron and classless. :unsure:

I am entitled to my opinion, and I can give it without "name calling."

I don't have a child in sports. I still love to watch sports though.

Matt Hewitt is a great player that deserves recognition.

I went to every game this year and cheerfully supported the team at every game.

I just stated a fact about a coaches record.

By the way, if I failed to mow my yard the city would cite me for my grass being too high. In the real world there are consequences.

The Dresden Football Team is a hard working group of guys.

Edited by backjudge

Gee, looks who's back..No, I am not Coach Rogers, or his brother, just a SUPPORTER of Dresden football. If you were a SUPPORTER of Dresden football, then you would know that his name is Matt Hewett, not Hewitt. You seem to jump all over the place with your comments and who you support. From your previous posts, at times you said that the Dresden football team had "tried and played hard all season." Once, you even complimented the coaches for a job well done for coming from behind to defeat Humboldt. Then, you jump ship and say you can't wait to watch Westview girl's basketball so that you can watch #13 shoot the 3's. Also from a previous post, "I was not impressed with Westview's sportsmanship at all." And oh yes, my favorite post of yours, "the rest of us noncoaches should take up coaching if we don't like it." Maybe it's about time you put your money (or occupation) where your mouth is. Like you always say, that's just my opinion.

backjudge

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't have to know how to spell the players' names to be a fan.

It was the Westview football team that I was referring to about sportsmanship, not the girl's basketball team. But, you know that if you read the post.

You can support teams and have a varied opinion.

:thumb:

backjudge

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't have to know how to spell the players' names to be a fan.

It was the Westview football team that I was referring to about sportsmanship, not the girl's basketball team. But, you know that if you read the post.

You can support teams and have a varied opinion.

:thumb:

Antoine Cunningham from Gibson Co. had around 1300 yards as a sophomore :thumb: led west tn in rushing during the regular season

Chris Donald -Huntingdon

Chris Shiverdecker - Alcoa

Josh Hawkins - Loudon

and here is my darkhorse name to remember .....

Troy Hodge - Alcoa ;)

Let's not forget about goodpasture's back number 38 Medley. He will be a senior. The fullback will also be a senior. Both crossed the 1000 yd mark this past season. I just wished they ran him off tackle for an entire game. Come the 4th quarter, the linebackers and saftey would be pretty bruised.

DII

Tyner is getting a back from Atlanta that had over 1,200 yards last year. If he had that in Atlanta how good will he be at Tyner. He is a former player cousin.

Probably is Craddock's Cousin that has lived here for the past year but was not eligible this past year. He will play QB and runs the ball well but is still working on his passing. Edited by CAM10