Stern is at it again

League would amend uniform code to ban tights

This is another crazy thing David Stern and his clowns are trying to do to control the game. These tights are not a fashion statement, however they help keep players healthy. I wear them myself when playing football and basketball and there is a noticeable difference in your muscles. Thes guys have gotten power happy and need to step down.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

League would amend uniform code to ban tights

This is another crazy thing David Stern and his clowns are trying to do to control the game. These tights are not a fashion statement, however they help keep players healthy. I wear them myself when playing football and basketball and there is a noticeable difference in your muscles. Thes guys have gotten power happy and need to step down.

This is ridiculous....

The tights keep the players calves and ankles warm, there not just for show...........

:thumb:

I love you guys. Yes, this is a bit ridiculous, but you guys do realize when he took over the NBA Finals were on tape delay at midnight right? Stern has probably done more for his sport than any other commish in his tenure, and that includes Taglibue.

The NBA is a business, and you have to understand that the players have dwindled away every piece of leverage they have.

:thumb:

I love you guys. Yes, this is a bit ridiculous, but you guys do realize when he took over the NBA Finals were on tape delay at midnight right? Stern has probably done more for his sport than any other commish in his tenure, and that includes Taglibue.

The NBA is a business, and you have to understand that the players have dwindled away every piece of leverage they have.

Do you realize when Stern took over a player by the name of Micheal Jordan entered the league? Stern didn't make the league what it is, even though he thinks he did. The players made the league fun, exciting to watch. A game for all cultures, and now he is trying to take that away just like Taglibue is doing in the NFL. Power Happy Old Mean I dislikem.

Do you realize when Stern took over a player by the name of Micheal Jordan entered the league? Stern didn't make the league what it is, even though he thinks he did. The players made the league fun, exciting to watch. A game for all cultures, and now he is trying to take that away just like Taglibue is doing in the NFL. Power Happy Old Mean I dislikem.

You think the league is fun to watch? I'll give you Phoenix, Kobe, LeBron, and D-Wade, but other than that it's not. Go back and watch some of those games during the Showtime days. Whoever wins the NBA title, put them up in a 7 game set against one of those late 80s Lakers or Pistons teams and todays' champ loses 4 games to 1.

I will argue that the game hasn't been fun to watch since that player named Michael Jordan retired the first time, and since then every player entering the league cares more about indiviidual stats than naything else. NBA marketed Jordan great.

Do you understand the concept of a business and how it works? The "boss" gets to tell his "employees" what to do. When you throw in a labor union, such as the players association, then it levels out. However, when all of the people in the union are irresponsible (making over a million dollars each year and somehow living paychesch to paycheck) and waste away all of their bargaining power, then it doesn't work so the "boss" actually regains whatever power he may lost.

Your going to tell me that the 1996 Bulls chmapionship team wasn't fun to watch? 72-10, cmon. The league hasn't been fun to watch since the 1999 strike. After that an influx of high school players began coming into the league. If Stern wanted to do the game a real service then he would make players stay in college three years like the NFL.

The fans don't care about the business and ever since the players and owners started treating it as a business rather than a sport, the league has went down the toilet. What these business men seem not to understand is that is if they bring more fans to the game, then more advertisments will come as well as large TV contracts. But they just worry about getting the white collar workers to the game.

Your going to tell me that the 1996 Bulls chmapionship team wasn't fun to watch? 72-10, cmon. The league hasn't been fun to watch since the 1999 strike. After that an influx of high school players began coming into the league. If Stern wanted to do the game a real service then he would make players stay in college three years like the NFL.

The fans don't care about the business and ever since the players and owners started treating it as a business rather than a sport, the league has went down the toilet. What these business men seem not to understand is that is if they bring more fans to the game, then more advertisments will come as well as large TV contracts. But they just worry about getting the white collar workers to the game.

I'll take the 87 or 88 Lakers over that team any day over being a fun team to watch. 115 to 120 points scored versus 90-95? That was also an expansion season if memory serves me correctly as well. Hmmmm.....

The NBA has a lock over the urban "hip hop" demographic, and the European market. No matter what they do, these markets are going to continually watch the game, buy the jerseys (where the real money is made), etc. no matter what. But the NBA has lost the upper-to-middle white guy market. Every "business" move the league has made the last couple of years has been the attempt to bring that demographic back to the league.

I do agree though, the three year out-of-high-school rule would help tremendously. That and the farther Jordan is removed from playing the game, the better it will become because 99% of the players won't try to "be like Mike."

Guest dare_2_dream

this just in ...

david stern passed YET another rule, now all NBA players must play in a suit. stern said the shorts were too baggy and the jerseys didnt look professional enough. so from here on out, players with play with button down shirts, ties, slacks, and dress shoes. $100,000 fine will be issued to those who dont go by it. ;):lol:

sorry but i couldnt resist

this just in ...

david stern passed YET another rule, now all NBA players must play in a suit. stern said the shorts were too baggy and the jerseys didnt look professional enough. so from here on out, players with play with button down shirts, ties, slacks, and dress shoes. $100,000 fine will be issued to those who dont go by it. ;);)

sorry but i couldnt resist

Nice one... ;);)