Final Push for Playoff Position

While the Preds cannot realistically catch Detroit, what should be of concern is who is gaining on the Preds and who the Preds might face in the first round of the playoffs.

Currently it would be a 4 vs. 5 matchup with Anaheim. Anaheim owns the Preds this year and the hot Ducks have been very successful at home. Preds need to maintain home ice advantage to have a shot, but I see this going seven games. If the Preds fall back to fifth, I predict a first round exit.

Preds vs. Avalanche- if Colorado jumps back into the fifth position, the Preds will have the advantage. They matchup very well against the Avalanche. I see the Preds taking this series 4-1.

Bottom line is that Nashville needs to come roaring into the playoffs on a winning note.

Edited by fromthetop2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preds need to wish for the Avs in the first round.

Here's my two cents about the Red Wings...

The series is 4-3 in favors of those turkeys from the North. I've been to two of the losses and my brother brought to my attention that the home team in this series has not won a game all season long.

Here's to hoping the #4 seed Preds meet the #1 Wings!!

We are definately not playing well right now.... I believe Trotz and his shuffling of who is playing in what game is not working...... He needs to pick a line up, especially defensively, and go with it...

Personally, he needs to have Weber playing and not either Suter, Markov or Eaton..... Unfortunately, I believe, when Zids gets healthy, that Weber will be one of the Dmen sit down, and that, imo, is a mistake.....None of those players are playing well and I am usually a fan of Eatons....but he is stinkin' it up, along with markov.... And Suter....We need Zids back for the power play....nobody Trotz uses on the point in worth a crap.

There is a reason we give up so many shots.....

Dandy, I agree that the onus is on Trotz to settle the lineups. Granted, the power (?) play stinks now due to injuries, but I think overall trying to accomodate 28 guys with PT is screwing things up. Suter needs to sit. Legwand needs to start scoring for once. Sully needs to get back, as does Volkun.

STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!! :thumb:

Dandy, I agree that the onus is on Trotz to settle the lineups. Granted, the power (?) play stinks now due to injuries, but I think overall trying to accomodate 28 guys with PT is screwing things up. Suter needs to sit. Legwand needs to start scoring for once. Sully needs to get back, as does Volkun.

STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!! ;)

Better so far during two periods against the Blosers..... Of course, the Blosers are on something like a 12 game losing streak....

We need everybody healthy for the last 3 games...let them play together and move into the playoffs....

Guest dare_2_dream

went to the game last night. had a blast, when the fight broke out. everything else kind of bored me. boring game last night. but glad they got the win.